[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game III

VERTi60

Cat5 is behaving awfully funny still. Also throwing shadow on me when you haven't bothered to explain anything about that vote thing of yours well after I've called you out on it is questionable to say the least. I will stand by my vote. If we are bringing the last game up, I am noticing certain differences in behavior.
And that "Could it be" post doesn't seem to sit well with me at all. Quite honestly, confusing posts don't benefit town much if at all, and stirring stuff up on D1? What for?
Now Chopbam asking anything in public is such a meta thing. I wouldn't try and deduct anything from that bit. As for Demo Truck concern, I'd say it could be a legitimate one considering the C4 role from before which could spell doom for everyone. Pretty blank so far.
FRAYDO. Actually fights back this time instead of being MIA. Hmm. And tbh it really doesn't feel too scummy IMO.
Isaac. Kinda blank yet noisy.
Jeod. Haven't seen this name in a while :p
Helpful. Surprisingly so for D1 even. I'd say he feels pretty town.
Killing You is another strange case. His choice of words is pretty funny, borderline slipping into scum area. For me he's pretty high on the suspicion list so far. Maybe it is not his overeagerness this time.
Mojoman. Has way too much white noise. Doesn't seem healthy for a townie + seems to behave quite differently under pressure now.
Nodlied. Plays more careful now. D1. Blank.
Wally! Get over here please?
As for now, I am gonna break the tie and
##unvote
##vote Mojoman
Cat5 should still be investigated closely IMO. There's something fishy here.

+1 for investigating him. I highly doubt he's a Flame Tower which means a third party role. I don't see a problem with Mojoman, honestly. His posts have been flavor text since the start of the game and now that we've found some info to go on, he hasn't had the opportunity to make a serious post. I'll be a little surprised if he flips scum, if only because that would mean Isaac is likely town or third party, throwing off my reads.

+1 for investigating him. I highly doubt he's a Flame Tower which means a third party role. I don't see a problem with Mojoman, honestly. His posts have been flavor text since the start of the game and now that we've found some info to go on, he hasn't had the opportunity to make a serious post. I'll be a little surprised if he flips scum, if only because that would mean Isaac is likely town or third party, throwing off my reads.

I wish Mojoman posted anything even remotely serious tbh. Lynching people for flavor text feels wrong even on the informantion drought of D1.

I wish Mojoman posted anything even remotely serious tbh. Lynching people for flavor text feels wrong even on the informantion drought of D1.

Then why vote him? I'll take Isaac over Mojoman. A "too easy scumread" is better than lynching for flavor text imo. Isaac is just as useless as Mojoman today anyhow.

##vote Mojoman

[Vote Counted] Chaos_Knight voted Mojoman to be lynched!

Time Left:

0 day(s) , 0 hours, 14 min, 59 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted FRAYDO

Chaos_Knight voted Mojoman

ChopBam voted nobody

FRAYDO voted Category 5 Hurricane

Isaac The Madd voted nobody

Jeod voted Isaac The Madd

Killing You voted FRAYDO

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted Mojoman

Wallywood voted nobody

6/10 votes casted so far

2 voted players are at a tie (2 each)

Killing You is another strange case. His choice of words is pretty funny, borderline slipping into scum area. For me he's pretty high on the suspicion list so far. Maybe it is not his overeagerness this time.

I actually think Killing You's behavior probably can still be described as mere overeagerness, perhaps just his personality in such a "stressful" setting. I'm figuring he probably plays the same way every game (the confusing mixed messages of borderline scumminess and pro-town bravado), but he may have realized this after the first game and switched to scum, hoping that his playstyle consistency (of being inconsistent, weird, I know) could play in his favor since he was town the first time and might get away with not being suspected so quickly the second time around.

Mojoman. Has way too much white noise. Doesn't seem healthy for a townie + seems to behave quite differently under pressure now.

This is where I'm leaning. Is Mojo going to rise up and speak for himself, or leave it to the birds?

Last game when we found he was unlynchable, it was just that. Nothing gained, nothing lost for either side. Town didn't lose what could have been a friendly, and Mafia didn't score the lynch in their favor.

Information is still vital, which is I'm sure why Nodlied asked you what you meant by "no harm done." So by "no harm done" you actually meant nothing more than "nobody died."

The randomly going after Mojoman was a joke vote, albeit a late one.

You did just switch the tie over from one player to another, which does little good unless you push it one way or the other and I have little reason to go after him because nothing but flavor text has come from him.

##vote FRAYDO

##vote FRAYDO

[Vote Counted] Isaac The Madd voted FRAYDO to be lynched!

Time Left:

0 day(s) , 0 hours, 12 min, 10 sec

CVC:

ChopBam voted nobody

Isaac The Madd voted FRAYDO

Killing You voted FRAYDO

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted Mojoman

Wallywood voted nobody

7/10 votes casted so far

FRAYDO has the most votes - 3

but he may have realized this after the first game and switched to scum, hoping that his playstyle consistency (of being inconsistent, weird, I know) could play in his favor since he was town the first time and might get away with not being suspected so quickly the second time around.

That was my suspicion here tbh.

Chaos, what have I said that seems scummy? Tbh your defense of FRAYDO is suspicious, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

That exact strange choice of words.

And since a tied vote is no longer an issue for me...

"For me"

Why wouldn't a tied vote be an issue for you? Personally? Town should avoid these as much as possible.

If you wanted to say that there was no longer a risk of a tie... that sure doesn't sound even remotely like that.

Cat5 is behaving awfully funny still. Also throwing shadow on me when you haven't bothered to explain anything about that vote thing of yours well after I've called you out on it is questionable to say the least. I will stand by my vote. If we are bringing the last game up, I am noticing certain differences in behavior.

Excuse me? Nothing?

Or, maybe she told me to say there is something about my role that makes it necessary to do stupid things every post. Who knows~?

Finding a way to get a vote in every post doesn't feel good. Makes me feel Tzar-ish.

As for the second question, that isn't exactly accurate, is all I will say. To prove that, I will leave this one without a vote.

Not completely, no, because that would place me in a strategic disadvantage, and I obviously don't know who I can trust with that info yet.

More of an disadvantage than I already am, at any rate. (If you've happened to see the early stages of the Danganronpa 3 Anime, it's like that.)

I'll just say for the foreseeable future, as much as possible, my posts will have a vote in it and it will always be different than the previous one, which may make me look more erratic than I actually am.

As I've alluded to before, this was a ploy to get some action out of you folks, something I knew was likely to happen anyway given how my voting pattern will go. And it's working. We had nothing to work with when I started, and now I've got tons of information to work with and my notepad has almost as much writing on it as it had all of last game, just from analyzing how you guys have reacted to my posts. It doesn't bother me that I have so many votes because I'm not particularly concerned about being lynched.

First off, I'll explain again that almost all of my posts will contain a vote. There is a reason I must do this but I will not reveal what it is because it can be used against me if that reason is known. I have to change my vote each time, so voting for myself was a tactical move. It allowed me to place a vote without limiting myself from placing another vote on whoever reacted worst to my vote if I needed to post again. It also was a convenient way to start discussion, so I did it.

I just think KY is known to say mild and mysterious stuff like that. We'd need more info.

With "no-show-man" rendering himself strangely absent, I'll cast a stick in his direction. Flavor text or not, a townie should have defended himself by now.

##vote Mojoman

##vote Mojoman

[Vote Counted] ChopBam voted Mojoman to be lynched!

Time Left:

0 day(s) , 0 hours, 4 min, 5 sec

CVC:

ChopBam voted Mojoman

Killing You voted FRAYDO

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted Mojoman

Wallywood voted nobody

8/10 votes casted so far

2 voted players are at a tie (3 each)

I don't know how I feel about the late joke vote reasoning, Isaac. You're still on my radar, though it's also true that Mojo has made no attempt to defend himself. It's a lesser-of-two-evils decision, I think. I'd still take you over Mojo until he posts to defend himself and contribute some real content.

The randomly going after Mojoman was a joke vote, albeit a late one.

You did just switch the tie over from one player to another, which does little good unless you push it one way or the other and I have little reason to go after him because nothing but flavor text has come from him.

##vote FRAYDO

Are you trying to desperately save your own hide? Explain please.

:soviet:Lynch 1 Result
[Lynch Dice Result] FRAYDO was chosen to be lynched by the dice roll (3.95)
JwYK1iS.png
[Lynch Result - Success] Players have decided that FRAYDO is going to be lynched today!
FRAYDO, the Soviet Rifle Infantry, will not fight for Stalin anymore!

:soviet:NIGHT 1

4g78G3S.png

After the lynch, the night falls soon. The Outpost staff is getting ready to sleep and Allies are planning a night kill right now. If you have any Plan Actions you want to perform during the Night, please send them now via PM before next Day starts!

:soviet: Night Guidelines

During the Night - Plan Phase (24 hour duration), Allies will have to decide to kill a Soviet player. They must also decide who will make the kill. However, certain people in both the Allies and Soviets have special roles they can use during the night to kill, protect, disrupt, or gather information. Some roles carry a certain risk while others give a little more freedom. When the new Battle Phase begins, everyone will see who has died during the night and find out what side they were on and what role they had.

Plan/Night actions are done classic way by the Private Message (PM Forum Messenger, outside the chat), same as resolved action replies. If you have a night action and do not inform me by PM at least 5 mins before the next Battle phase begins what you are doing with it, you do nothing that night. Talking in the chat during the plan phase will be restricted. This is because I won't have time to mod it since I'll be focusing on resolving the received actions (+5 extra mins for resolving). You can only chat in general, but no game-based stuff (accusations, plans, role claims, etc.). Players who won't comply might get role-blocked that phase.

Forum Posting is Limited - 2 posts per player max during night!!!

Additional Rules:

• No quoting mod communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the mod.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the mod. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't abuse the Board's Voting system - don't upvote/downvote player's posts unless you are allowed from the mod
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread

:soviet: Players alive/end day CVC

ChopBam voted Mojoman
Killing You voted FRAYDO
Mojoman voted nobody
Nodlied voted Mojoman
Wallywood voted nobody
Question for players: I kinda liked the day 1 discussion and it seems 48 hour was filled with useful posts. If you like we can have Day 2 and on lasting 48 hours as well until we reach a point of small player count (>5) to switch back to 24 hour days. Please write in your night post if you want to keep having 48 hour days. If it's the only info in your reply it won't count as a night post. Thank you.

but he may have realized this after the first game and switched to scum, hoping that his playstyle consistency (of being inconsistent, weird, I know) could play in his favor since he was town the first time and might get away with not being suspected so quickly the second time around.

That was my suspicion here tbh.

Chaos, what have I said that seems scummy? Tbh your defense of FRAYDO is suspicious, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

That exact strange choice of words.

"For me"

Why wouldn't a tied vote be an issue for you? Personally? Town should avoid these as much as possible.

If you wanted to say that there was no longer a risk of a tie... that sure doesn't sound even remotely like that.

To reiterate...

Is that a slip I am seeing? That's a very odd choice of words.

May have been poor wording on my part, as I was referring to an earlier post:

That's a possibility I forgot to take into account. Still suspicious of FRAYDO, but I'm hesitant to tie the vote... again.

I just don't want another RNG lynch as they made up 100% of the lynches last game.

Welp, not the result I wanted. But it does yield a lot of potential information.

@Verti,

I was always in favour of 48hour day phases. :v

I would love to keep the game at 48 hours as long as possible. Given how small my window of participation is, it's greatly helpful to me. I can't count on having a full day phase happen on a weekend like this.

Agreed. I have to spend a lot of time on my internship on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and I have a full day of uni on Mondays. So this would be great.