[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game III

VERTi60

I'm up for 48 hour days. Just a rough weekend with my clinical placement.

I shall have a thorough analysis in the morning for all my detractors who question my loyalty to comrade Stalin and the Glorious Mother Russia!

(Also I find flavour text fun, I try to play my best while keeping a theme, sorry if anyone is annoyed by it.)

*RIP ghosty rifley*

Just a heads-up people.

I'm off to internship for the entirety of Tuesday and the majority of Wednesday. This means that I won't be back home until Wednesday evening. However, I may peek in every now and then.

:soviet:DAY 2

Wp2HBAD.png

Yet another glorious morning, comrades! And it also seems nobody has died last night!
We must not stop now however. Find and lynch the remaining Allies before it's too late!
The Soviets win when they have eliminated the allied threat (all allied and hostile players must die).

The Allies win when they have managed to dispose of enough Soviets to outnumber them (or equal before plan phase).
If there are any Neutrals in game, they will win if they survive until the game ends with any of the fractions winning.

If there are any Third Party in game, they will win if they met their special objective.

:soviet:Day Guidelines

During the DAY - Battle Phase (48 hour duration), everyone talks and tries to build cases against each other directly in the forum chat. While the Soviets are arguing to try and find the Allies, the Allies are trying to throw everyone off their trail.
The goal of the Battle Phase is to find somebody for a Lynch.

People will vote for one person they want to be lynched and the person with the most votes will die at the end of the day. Your vote should be in this format:
##Vote PlayerName
If you decide to change your vote, you must first ##unvote (player name not required but is helpful) or you can simply vote another player if you already know who.

New Forced Voting Rule:

Please be advised that forced voting is in effect - every player is required to cast at least one vote on other player during the day. You can still use ##unvote as usual, but at the end of the day you have to have a vote on other player, with or without reasoning. Voting on yourself doesn't count. If the hammer falls and you haven't got an active vote on someone, you will gain a penalty vote on yourself starting next day. These penalty votes do accumulate and continue each phase, so each day will start with the penalty votes already in place. GM reserves the right to remove penalty votes as he see fit due to balance reasons or risky player count (e.g. autohammer), but the only way to get rid of penalty vote is to announce your absence either by PM or public announcement before hand. If you gain more than one penalty vote, you can get rid of it by being very active during next day, or accepting a random gimmick (PM GM).

If a majority vote of over 50% is cast on one person, then they will be lynched right then and there, no need to wait for the end of the phase. When someone is lynched, everyone will find out their role and who they were aligned with. During the Battle Phase, players are also allowed to use their battle actions, such as ##shoot, etc. which will be resolved instantly. If the target players dies, he will be eliminated from the game and the game will continue (his vote will no longer be counted).

All BP/day actions need to be acknowledged by the mod before they are counted (just simple line to acknowledge so you know it came through, Current Vote Counts (or CVC) will appear periodically to inform you about the time remaining as well as the current vote status). Remember, without the mod acknowledge line, your vote or action doesn't count, so please don't do actions before the previous one was resolved. If it was missed, please use ##TIMEOUT command to stop the game, but only if it's really required (otherwise just repeat your action). All players are required to participate in chat, if one player stays quiet whole phase he/she might get role blocked for the next plan phase.

Additional Rules:

• No quoting mod communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the mod.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the mod. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't abuse the Board's Voting system - don't upvote/downvote player's posts unless you are allowed from the mod
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread

:soviet:CVC - Cumulative Vote Count

Time Left:
1 day(s) , 23 hours, 59 min, 59 sec
CVC:
Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
Chaos_Knight voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody
Isaac The Madd voted nobody
Jeod voted nobody
Killing You voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
Wallywood voted nobody
0/9 votes casted so far
No votes casted so far

Mod announcement: I'm searching for replacement of Wallywood. Urgently. If he doesn't show up today and replacement is not found during this day, the next killed person may be considered (depending on level of knowledge), but obviously only soviet one.

RNGesus just killed you Fraydo, I won't bet to much on it. Then again I did vote you to break a tie.

This bothers me. His initial vote post had no reasoning for voting FRAYDO, not even to say he agrees with the existing reasoning. Isaac just wanted someone on the chopping block.

##vote Isaac The Madd

You did just switch the tie over from one player to another, which does little good unless you push it one way or the other and I have little reason to go after him because nothing but flavor text has come from him.

##vote FRAYDO

Do explain why voting for FRAYDO was a better reason than voting for Flavor-Text-Man-Mojo?

##vote Isaac The Madd

[Vote Counted] Jeod voted Isaac The Madd to be lynched!

Time Left:

1 day(s) , 10 hours, 52 min, 32 sec

CVC:

ChopBam voted nobody

Jeod voted Isaac The Madd

Killing You voted nobody

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Wallywood voted nobody

1/9 votes casted so far

Isaac The Madd has the most votes - 1

I had already voted for Mojoman and I did not want to vote someone for the lynch I already voted for as a joke without a reason, but leaving it would keep it a tie which I did not want.

Why were you so against a tie on D1?

I wonder if Category 5 is still unconcerned about getting lynched, or if a good night's sleep has made him less like a Beta-era Soviet Sniper.

##vote Category 5

##vote Category 5

[Vote Counted] ChopBam voted Category 5 Hurricane to be lynched!

Time Left:

1 day(s) , 22 hours, 43 min, 29 sec

CVC:

ChopBam voted Category 5 Hurricane

Killing You voted nobody

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Wallywood voted nobody

2/9 votes casted so far

2 voted players are at a tie (1 each)

No, I'm totally unconcerned about being lynched. Infact I'll start today the same as I did last day phase and open up with a vote on myself so that I have all options open for later posts.

##vote Category5

That doesn't mean I want to be lynched, though. Indeed, what I want see is reports about what happened last night. For my part, it didn't appear anything happened to me at all, and I also didn't do anything myself.

In the meantime, I need to catch up on my analysis. I didn't have time to reset after the lynch and figured I could wait until the night result before moving forward with that. I'll probably post again in a few hours after I've gathered my thoughts.

Also, I want to clarify, will there still be a penalty for non-voters if there is an early hammer (hammer by majority vote)?

I had already voted for Mojoman and I did not want to vote someone for the lynch I already voted for as a joke without a reason, but leaving it would keep it a tie which I did not want.

I'm having doubts about Mojoman being a joke vote. You seemed pretty serious about it (as serious as a Day 1 vote can be anyway). I think you just voted FRAYDO to bandwagon.

##vote Category5

[Vote Counted] Category 5 Hurricane voted Category 5 Hurricane to be lynched!

Time Left:

1 day(s) , 20 hours, 22 min, 59 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted Category 5 Hurricane

Killing You voted nobody

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Wallywood voted nobody

3/9 votes casted so far

Category 5 Hurricane has the most votes - 2

Come to think of it... yeah, Isaac, you were pretty quick to vote Mojo because his flavor text was "weird," and then backed off almost as fast. Then you went after FRAYDO with zero motivation. You didn't even give a "Yeah these dudes are correct, bye FRAYDO" as your reason. You just tossed your vote in willy-nilly when he was under the microscope. I've got my eye on you.

Come to think of it... yeah, Isaac, you were pretty quick to vote Mojo because his flavor text was "weird," and then backed off almost as fast. Then you went after FRAYDO with zero motivation. You didn't even give a "Yeah these dudes are correct, bye FRAYDO" as your reason. You just tossed your vote in willy-nilly when he was under the microscope. I've got my eye on you.

You're just now seeing it? I said the same thing Day 1. Unless Isaac can somehow be cleared, I think he's a good lynch opportunity for today. But it's only been 4 hours. Eh, I'll start a list of good lynch possibilities.

Lynch Possibilities

#1 - Isaac The Madd: Weird "joke vote" language on Mojoman, bandwagon on FRAYDO with no motive.

##vote Isaac

[Vote Counted] Killing You voted Isaac The Madd to be lynched!

Time Left:

1 day(s) , 19 hours, 12 min, 59 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted Category 5 Hurricane

Killing You voted Isaac The Madd

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Wallywood voted nobody

4/9 votes casted so far

2 voted players are at a tie (2 each)

A glorious morning comrades! We mourn the loss of FRAYDO, but it appears we have the Allied scum afraid!

Cat_5 has been acting strange this whole game. Judging by his actions he is a Fool. He could have done much worse things to get himself shot if dying was his main win condition. *I think there might be a possibility that he needs a majority hammer to fall on him to win, if there's such a specific win condition* Note: He did say Fraydo was his highest priority and then Fraydo died. I think this is a slip up on scums part to pin the most obvious target on Cat's back.

Chaos_Knight hasn't responded since the lynch. I'm interested in his reaction with his next post. I think he voted for me out of curiosity to see what I'm about.

ChopBam. I like him as a person.

Isaac the Madd is acting erratic. He is acting almost as a blatant noob scum (throwing vote, withdrawing at first critique), but I don't believe Vertigo would set scum with only new players. If he turns town I'll be slightly surprised, but if he turns scum I'll have no idea who the other scum are.

Jeod has been very interesting. He is playing well and is calling people out correctly. His analytical mind is fascinating. I have no reason to suspect him being scum. He stuck with his vote to Isaac (even though at a tie 3 to 3 vote it didn't matter that much) and has been sticking to Isaac as his most lynchable target.

Killing_You I am not concerned about. I can't state reasons right now and I know that either seems like a really bad towny or a really scummy move. But he is no concern to town at the moment.

Mojoman is clearly not concerned about anything.

Nodlied is throwing out the questions, hitting back with answers. But my Capitalist Dog sense is capitalizing. However, I think he is trying to probe too deep, he seems to not be jumping on the bandwagon when I was up for lynch, but he didn't stay on Isaac too long even though Isaac was acting very suspicious, an odd move for him. Isaac said that Nodlied wouldn't benefit from a tie, but I think he would if he knew the outcome was good for him no matter what.

Wallywood -__('u')__-

Isaac the Madd is acting erratic. He is acting almost as a blatant n00b scum (throwing vote, withdrawing at first critique), but I don't believe Vertigo would set scum with only new players. If he turns town I'll be slightly surprised, but if he turns scum I'll have no idea who the other scum are.

Given that we haven't found a single mafia player yet, this statement seems incredibly fishy. GM metagaming aside, how can you make a claim that mafia can't be made of only new players if we don't even know that a new player is mafia? If it were just Issac and two other people (again, expecting 3 mafia based on 25% +1), frankly there would be lots of people he could be paired with. You'd only start to run low on options if there is only two mafia and you already know one of them is new (and not Issac). Only then does pairing Issac with said other newbie become a problem in your argument as that would mean a mafia team comprised of only new members. However, how do you know that there is a new player in the mafia team?

You've just implied that you have more information than a town player ought to have, and a town cop who pinged a new player as mafia would have used that information to place actual suspicion on someone. You didn't, so you aren't one.

##vote Mojoman

I'm also looking in to Issac as potentially being paired with you (and one other) as he did appear to make an attempt to save you not long after his one-post attack against you, which he hurried to withdraw. It's a common new-scum ploy to make early, weak arguments against a fellow scum mate to try to distance oneself from another teammate. I'm not sold on this angle yet, but it is something I'm watching.

##vote Mojoman

[Vote Counted] Category 5 Hurricane voted Mojoman to be lynched!

Time Left:

1 day(s) , 14 hours, 37 min, 24 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted Mojoman

Killing You voted Isaac The Madd

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Wallywood voted nobody

4/9 votes casted so far

Isaac The Madd has the most votes - 2

I don't have any reason to suspect Mojoman is scum. You may need to read between the lines, Cat5. It's an interesting correlation, though, between Wallywood being gone and no nightkills. Not to jump to conclusions, and if he's scum he'll be taken out soon due to insufficient participation. With that possibility, a roleblocker or doctor should probably take their night target suspicion with a grain of salt.

Killing_You I am not concerned about. I can't state reasons right now and I know that either seems like a really bad towny or a really scummy move. But he is no concern to town at the moment.

I appreciate your conclusion, but why can't you state your reasons? That's the whole point of analysis posts; to say what you think about people and why you think that way. Unless you're a cop and don't want to roleclaim, this seems suspicious.

Did I just get friendzoned by Mojoman?

weak arguments against a fellow scum mate to try to distance oneself from another teammate.

Frankly the same could be said about you. The constantly changing voting could be scum cover to distance yourself from teammates.