[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game III

VERTi60

:soviet:Lynch 5 Result

[Lynch Result - Fail] Players have decided that Jeod is going to be lynched today!

After a quick realization, you noticed that Jeod cannot be lynched by no means necessary!

:soviet:NIGHT 5

tspd3r1.png

After the lynch, the night falls soon. The Outpost staff is getting ready to sleep and Allies are planning a night kill right now. If you have any Plan Actions you want to perform during the Night, please send them now via PM before next Day starts!

:soviet: Night Guidelines

During the Night - Plan Phase (24 hour duration), Allies will have to decide to kill a Soviet player. They must also decide who will make the kill. However, certain people in both the Allies and Soviets have special roles they can use during the night to kill, protect, disrupt, or gather information. Some roles carry a certain risk while others give a little more freedom. When the new Battle Phase begins, everyone will see who has died during the night and find out what side they were on and what role they had.

Plan/Night actions are done classic way by the Private Message (PM Forum Messenger, outside the chat), same as resolved action replies. If you have a night action and do not inform me by PM at least 5 mins before the next Battle phase begins what you are doing with it, you do nothing that night. Talking in the chat during the plan phase will be restricted. This is because I won't have time to mod it since I'll be focusing on resolving the received actions (+5 extra mins for resolving). You can only chat in general, but no game-based stuff (accusations, plans, role claims, etc.). Players who won't comply might get role-blocked that phase.

Forum Posting is Limited - 2 posts per player max during night!!!

Additional Rules:

• No quoting mod communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the mod.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the mod. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't abuse the Board's Voting system - don't upvote/downvote player's posts unless you are allowed from the mod
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread

:soviet: Players alive/end day CVC

Time Left:
0 day(s) , 2 hours, 5 min, 15 sec

CVC:
Category 5 Hurricane voted Wallymoon715
Chaos_Knight voted nobody [penalty vote(s): 1]
Jeod voted nobody [penalty vote(s): 1]
Killing You voted Jeod
Wallymoon715 voted Jeod

3/5 votes casted so far
Jeod has been HAMMERED with 3 votes!

That said, I really, REALLY think that penalty votes should NOT count for insta-hammer D:

You guys wanted perma votes, enjoy them :p

If by any means we lose at least one player we'll change to 24 hour days and I'll remove permas. If not expect them next day again.

I don't think he should have had a penalty vote at this point. In the way I imagine the system working, he should've had the penalty removed when he voted the next day. And Wallywood would have been earning the penalty up until Moony replaced him.

Other than Wally, we really haven't needed the system at all.

Ok, so, we better decide what to, quick. I still have a Heavy Tank I can dish out as I've been holding it. I can issue one if we agree what to do. Just keep the 2 post restriction in mind.

I don't think he should have had a penalty vote at this point. In the way I imagine the system working, he should've had the penalty removed when he voted the next day. And Wallywood would have been earning the penalty up until Moony replaced him.

Other than Wally, we really haven't needed the system at all.

On D3 Jeod voted himself which doesn't count, on D4 he voted nobody.

Wally excused himself in the PM so I didn't issued perma votes for him.

That's right, I forgot Jeod's vote was after hammer. Still, I'm not sure an excuse should be accepted unless it's given in advance. We just allowed Wallywood to disrupt our game in the same way Death_Kitty did last game.

I'm proposing I arm Moony with a Heavy Tank and Killing_You select another Sniper. Do not go for the Chronosphere repair plan. Jeod just posted "if something happens to him" when he should be immune to all night actions.

That's right, I forgot Jeod's vote was after hammer. Still, I'm not sure an excuse should be accepted unless it's given in advance. We just allowed Wallywood to disrupt our game in the same way Death_Kitty did last game.

I'm proposing I arm Moony with a Heavy Tank and Killing_You select another Sniper. Do not go for the Chronosphere repair plan. Jeod just posted "if something happens to him" when he should be immune to all night actions.

That was for if Moony or KY are scum and decided not to kill last night, you oaf. Thanks for forcing me to get another penalty.

Whatever. I can't be lynched.

Moonsense hasn't gotten a class change from Chaos yet. He doesn't have to be a rifle soldier. He could be a Thief, Medic, RS, or APC. If he's an APC, and works like a traditional role swapper, he doesn't have to visit me to swap actions. There's also an unpredictable vortex (that I can only theorize on). There's nothing wrong with saying who I suspect in case something happens to me, no matter how unlikely it is.

KY if you are able to scout me tonight, like this post.

Cat5 if I should guard someone with a HT if you give me one, like this post.

Chaos_Knight if Cat5 liked this post, give the training to KY and not me.

Mafia edit: bah. dont do the likes then.

I'll fortify myself right now and you guys decide who gives what to who then.

:soviet: DAY 6

01kfN29.png

Yet another glorious morning, comrades! And it also seems nobody has died last night!
The weather forecast for today is: Cloudy with a chance of chrono disaster! As you can see, the chrono vortex is still here, but didn't moved from the graveyard yet. 
It's hitting Fraydo's graveyard still, but also Mojoman's as well. What does this even mean?

We must not stop now however. Find and lynch the remaining Allies before it's too late!

The Soviets win when they have eliminated the allied threat (all allied and hostile players must die).
The Allies win when they have managed to dispose of enough Soviets to outnumber them (or equal before plan phase).
If there are any Neutrals in game, they will win if they survive until the game ends with any of the fractions winning.
If there are any Third Party in game, they will win if they met their special objective.

:soviet: Day Guidelines

During the DAY - Battle Phase (48 hour duration), everyone talks and tries to build cases against each other directly in the forum chat. While the Soviets are arguing to try and find the Allies, the Allies are trying to throw everyone off their trail.
The goal of the Battle Phase is to find somebody for a Lynch.

People will vote for one person they want to be lynched and the person with the most votes will die at the end of the day. Your vote should be in this format:
##Vote PlayerName
If you decide to change your vote, you must first ##unvote (player name not required but is helpful) or you can simply vote another player if you already know who.

New Forced Voting Rule:

Please be advised that forced voting is in effect - every player is required to cast at least one vote on other player during the day (unless blocked or othereise obstructed). You can still use ##unvote as usual, but at the end of the day you have to have a vote on other player, with or without reasoning. Voting on yourself doesn't count. If the hammer falls and you haven't got an active vote on someone, you will gain a penalty vote on yourself starting next day. These penalty votes do accumulate and continue each phase, so each day will start with the penalty votes already in place. GM reserves the right to remove penalty votes as he see fit due to balance reasons or risky player count (e.g. autohammer), but the only way to get rid of penalty vote is to announce your absence either by PM or public announcement before hand. If you gain more than one penalty vote, you can get rid of it by being very active during next day, or accepting a random gimmick (PM GM).

If a majority vote of over 50% is cast on one person, then they will be lynched right then and there, no need to wait for the end of the phase. When someone is lynched, everyone will find out their role and who they were aligned with. During the Battle Phase, players are also allowed to use their battle actions, such as ##shoot, etc. which will be resolved instantly. If the target players dies, he will be eliminated from the game and the game will continue (his vote will no longer be counted).

All BP/day actions need to be acknowledged by the mod before they are counted (just simple line to acknowledge so you know it came through, Current Vote Counts (or CVC) will appear periodically to inform you about the time remaining as well as the current vote status). Remember, without the mod acknowledge line, your vote or action doesn't count, so please don't do actions before the previous one was resolved. If it was missed, please use ##TIMEOUT command to stop the game, but only if it's really required (otherwise just repeat your action). All players are required to participate in chat, if one player stays quiet whole phase he/she might get role blocked for the next plan phase.

Additional Rules:
  • No quoting mod communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the mod.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the mod. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't abuse the Board's Voting system - don't upvote/downvote player's posts unless you are allowed from the mod
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread

:soviet: CVC - Cumulative Vote Count

Time Left:
1 day(s) , 23  hours, 59 min, 59 sec

CVC:
Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
Killing You voted nobody
Wallymoon715 voted nobody

0/5 votes casted so far
2 voted players are at a tie (1  each)

No penalty votes very issued today due to balance reasons, but Jeod and Chaos_Knight keep theirs.

I did a fortify this night because why not and then scrapped it probably by accepting a HT.

So not an engineer. Well, Cat5 is going to demand I be shot. Please do not until I post again. I'm not home right now and if you're insisting I be shot now, then you need to see what I have to say.

Alright, I'm home. And, I absolutely hate making posts while I'm at work. I may be scum, but I have self respect and will own up to a slip when I make one.

I’m a Pillbox. But look. I need Nodlied repaired just as much as you do. The game doesn’t end if I die. In the scumdoc it was explained that something terrible would happen if Nodlied was shot, but it was never explained in detail. Verti wouldn’t tell us when we asked about it and would only say the game doesn’t end with us (this was after the visceroids were exterminated), but I’m thinking that the damaged chronosphere, while still Allied aligned, spawned a third party NPC chrono vortex controlled by RNGesus that is a game ender for all our alignments unless it’s stopped.

I don’t know how it’s stopped. I can only speculate so much on my part, which is why I wanted to stay alive. I can’t win if Nodlied’s brought back. He’s already proven scum and he’ll be shot immediately. I can’t make nightkills. Even if Moonsense and Killing_You both manage to visit me and die, it’s still 2v1 and a stalemate--and I expect Verti to allow a town win if they’re both set on me being scum, and they would be, since they’re both clear.

The scumdoc stays open even during the day. I would be able to talk to Nodlied and get all the info I can from him, but he probably wouldn’t be able to take any action until nightfall. The only thing I have to go on right now is that bringing Nodlied back could change him from Damaged Chronosphere to just Chronosphere--and that the change would somehow allow us to stop the vortex.

Why am I telling you this instead of just allowing the vortex to consume you all? I’m curious. I want to see if it’s stoppable. The ending would be too boring if I was just killed off and you guys were just waiting around to die by vortex. Plus, there’s still a slim chance Nodlied gains a day action because of this and turns the tide back in scum’s favor. Still, even that is dependent on Nodlied being here and being able to get whatever action he has in before he gets shot. It’s not likely, but I’ll take it over 0% chance of victory.

Like I said yesterday, there is nothing to lose and minimal danger. Kill me if you want, but if you do, you won’t have the advantage of scumdoc when the game continues. I doubt Nodlied would say anything if I’m dead and he knows he’ll be shot.

Ask me anything you’d like about our roles and the events of the game. I’m an open book now.

I knew there was a reason you picked a prosecutor. 

Mr. Godot, you are clearly bluffing. That's my line of work, not yours. May I move the courts attention to all of Mr. Godot's testimony regarding Nodlied in this game:

Nodlied - Doesn't like Cat5. Really doesn't like Cat5. Most of his posts are responses to Cat5's posts. Votes Mojoman in the end. Day 2: Votes Mojoman, apparently missing or ignoring the softclaim.
Nodlied, what's with the obsession with Cat5?

On Day 2, all Jeod has to say about Nodlied is that he seems particularly interested in me. It takes more than 72 hours for Jeod to make his first real mention of him.

Care to hardclaim?

Quite some time later, Jeod and Nodlied put up a bit of a show pointing fingers at each other. Neither really pushes the other really hard, but Nodlied does make a claim that puts in Jeod in a tougher spot...only to be fail-lynched.
Being lynched and having it fail obviously helped Jeod get to where he is now, so it was actually safe to call each other out like this. Pretty good strategy, as I was keeping track of who argued with who and this little spat moved me off from considering these two as a team for a while.

If you have a gun, then we have two options:

1) Shoot Nodlied, who is a suspected building. If he's a chronosphere we shit bricks.

2) Shoot Cat5, who is a War Factory (I suspect an Allied War Factory).

I'd prefer neither be done until we have a hardclaim from Nodlied.

Here is the start of where Jeod turns it up and starts actively suggesting that Nodlied be fired upon. This continues for some time.

Regarding the decision: if Nodlied is a building we have a wasted lynch. Neither Nodlied or Cat5 can be lynch targets today, at least not before we attempt to shoot Nodlied if we do decide on him. The order of operations should be thus:

1. Nodlied claims.
2. If Nodlied somehow explains his statements in a way that makes sense and is not a building, Cat5 gets shot and Nodlied gets lynched.
3. If Nodlied is a building, we deliberate who to shoot out of Cat5 and Nodlied.

If Nodlied refuses to claim then we shoot him.

The autodecline and soft-counterclaim to my Flame Tower claim is enough. He must be a building. I doubt he can explain away those two big juicy tells.

If he's lying and does have a gun (Chaos, do you get confirmation if your invitations are accepted?), then he's scum and we shoot him.

That gimmicky war factory is more of a building than you are right now. But that is a good point. I'm sure we all had more vote totals than Cat5 yesterday and nothing happened. Unless the chrono thing is what happened.

We shoot both Cat5 and Nodlied, either at the same time or by a vote for who gets shot first.

We must choose who out of Nodlied or Cat5 to shoot. If the shots fail to kill the intended target, we try lynching them as neither Cat5 nor Nodlied have been proven building via lynch.

This is possible, but it will mean Nodlied is not a building, and will also mean there is another Allied player among us. Visceroids cannot chronoshift, unless things got really wacky.

Cat5, I am the only building who has been proven to be a building by a lynch. You and Nodlied have only claimed it. The only difference is that you were backed up by ChopBam and Nodlied is not backed by anyone and has not even claimed which building he is. I ask you this: what happens if Nodlied is a building? We may end up in a 3-2 situation tomorrow if Allies can indeed kill during the night now, and we have no other presentable leads. At least with today we can potentially uncover an Allied scum if we shoot. If a scum has a gun tomorrow and a nightkill happens, then the game may be over.

Note above that he's specifically pushing for the shoot first, lynch later, course of action.

##vote shoot Nodlied

I can agree with that. It almost seems like he's avoiding the discussion. Doesn't seem like the type to ignore a mafia game even if there's work going on.

And then, finally, after Nodlied's death:

Perfect. I'm on lunch in 30 minutes. I'll have an hour so I'll be participating.

Clearly, this is coming from someone who thinks "something terrible would happen if Nodlied was shot". No, putting me and Nodlied together as options to shoot was something that would benefit you either way, as Nodlied's death apparently is a countdown that ensures mafia wins if town/cult uses it's roles incorrectly and winds up with the game in stalemate. The Chronosphere repair plan was a gambit to stall the game long enough for it to come into effect.

All that's left now is to remove this guy and fulfill our victory conditions, which is to remove all hostile players.

Now, Jeod, it's time to declare you guilty, slam down the hammmer, and switch flavors:

PICK A GOD AND PRAY!

Time Left:

1 day(s) , 9 hours, 13 min, 43 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody

Killing You voted nobody

Wallymoon715 voted nobody

0/5 votes casted so far

2 voted players are at a tie (1 each)

Oh, I don't follow along with the whole "avatar hints at your role" thing. I picked the Godot one because I liked it, especially during the debates in this game. You'll notice that when I suggested Nodlied be shot, I also said that "if he's a Chronosphere, we shit bricks". As for the "perfect, lunch in 30, participating" post, I'd been going along with town suspecting Nodlied because at that stage in the game, it would have been super dumb to come out and say it was dangerous. After Nodlied's death, the vortex started, and that's why I wanted to be around. I kept my clueless town charade up until my slip. As I said before, there's a very slim chance of me coming out of this with a win, so I had a motive to stay quiet.

Moonsense, that's a possibility. Since ChopBam is gone (the chronosphere ability said there was a 25% chance he'd return the next night and, well, it's far past that), and Nodlied is Allied, then today could be our last day. If neither of you are an engineer, then we're screwed unless there's a different way to stop this thing like shooting bullets into it.

Killing_You, what's your status? Say something!

Okay, okay! I'm awake, I'm awake! Sheesh.

I received training tonight and I got an Engineer. I'm legitimately curious to see if this will work.

Oh, good! Good. Although, a Sniper would be preferable to a Heavy Tank. Chaos evidently didn't trust me, with good reason. Anyway, he could give you a Sniper tonight while doing the repairs.

##vote nolynch

You know, actually, just for shits and giggles, I'll go with Chaos for today.

##vote Chaos_Knight