[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game III

VERTi60

##vote Jeod

[Vote Counted] Category 5 Hurricane voted Jeod to be lynched!

##vote Killing_You

[Vote Counted] Jeod voted Killing You to be lynched!

##vote Jeod

[Vote Error] There is no time left to perform this Action !

Time Left:

No time left

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted Jeod

Chaos_Knight voted nobody

Jeod voted Killing You

Killing You voted nobody

2/4 votes casted so far

2 voted players are at a tie (1 each)

[Day End] 2 voted players are at a tie (1 each)

:soviet: Lynch 7 Result

[Lynch Dice Result] Killing You was chosen to be lynched by the dice roll (1.99)

:soviet: NIGHT 7

c3AzNyI.jpg

[Lynch Result - Success] Players have decided that Killing You is going to be lynched today!
Killing You, the Soviet Engineer, will not fight for Stalin anymore!

After the lynch, the night falls soon. The Outpost staff is getting ready to sleep and Allies are planning a night kill right now. If you have any Plan Actions you want to perform during the Night, please send them now via PM before next Day starts!

:soviet: Night Guidelines

During the Night - Plan Phase (24 hour duration), Allies will have to decide to kill a Soviet player. They must also decide who will make the kill. However, certain people in both the Allies and Soviets have special roles they can use during the night to kill, protect, disrupt, or gather information. Some roles carry a certain risk while others give a little more freedom. When the new Battle Phase begins, everyone will see who has died during the night and find out what side they were on and what role they had.

Plan/Night actions are done classic way by the Private Message (PM Forum Messenger, outside the chat), same as resolved action replies. If you have a night action and do not inform me by PM at least 5 mins before the next Battle phase begins what you are doing with it, you do nothing that night. Talking in the chat during the plan phase will be restricted. This is because I won't have time to mod it since I'll be focusing on resolving the received actions (+5 extra mins for resolving). You can only chat in general, but no game-based stuff (accusations, plans, role claims, etc.). Players who won't comply might get role-blocked that phase.

Forum Posting is Limited - 2 posts per player max during night!!!

Additional Rules:
  • No quoting mod communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the mod.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the mod. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't abuse the Board's Voting system - don't upvote/downvote player's posts unless you are allowed from the mod
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread

:soviet: Players alive/end day CVC

Time Left:

No time left

CVC:
Category 5 Hurricane voted Jeod
Chaos_Knight voted nobody
Jeod voted Killing You

2/3 votes casted so far
2 voted players are at a tie (1  each)

Well, if KY gets lynched and the game is over, I guess at least it would save us the time on trying to counter the Vortex

By my reckoning, neither you nor Cat5 have the ability to stop nightkills from an Allied Spy.

Just end the game. Now.

If you aren't going to fix the hammer, end the game. Now.

Don't blame Verti. The only questionable thing you could accuse him of is misjudging the hammered votes. I'm pretty sure Chaos made his vote at hammer time.

The rest of it was me. After Nodlied's death I was allowed to dismantle the Pillbox in exchange for an Allied Spy. By that point I'd already been lynched once. I decided to wait one more night because Killing_You was a Sniper and would have noticed my action, and that also allowed you to test me for one-time lynchproof. That turned out to be helpful in the end.

The next part was all about buying time to make my nightkills. I used the Vortex for that, as well as a quick explanation for KY's 100% engineer vs building shots for missing me. Since i was a Spy then, his shots were reduced to the 50/25 chance. That's not actually RNGesus luck on my part. The real luck was the tie vote that happened just now. I never expected you two to vote me today, though I did want to vote KY to try to end the game before the Vortex could do anything to me.

Edited by Jeod

##vote Jeod

##vote Killing_You

:v

##vote Jeod

Not that it's gonna work xD

Ha I voted before hammer.

To me it looks that both you and Jeod voted same time, one minute before hammer (tbh it's not a nice thing to do considering it screws my nigh post :p)

Chaos appeared to me as one post after hammer time.

Hence all I can say - don't vote last second. It screws the game :p

Jeod said there were two posts added and they couldn't have been anyone elses besides mine and Chaos' votes. They were probably posted at close to the same moment and the automerge put it after. Regardless, like I said, if you aren't going to fix it, stop making excuses and end the game.

(and if you DO have to vote last second, don't post anything after hammer zeit)

That would imply I knew it would update the posting time/date.

We may have to consider a rule where hammer is delayed by last minute votes, and voting last minute on the delay won't count.

Agreed. Sniping votes are as bad as ebay sniping.

I don't know if Chaos posted before or at hammertime. I agree with adding a new rule for vote sniping. All votes added before mod posts "hammer time" should be counted regardless of time on the post.

Yea. (not sure if it’s good idea to leave no votes before the lynch :p)

No worries, that’s why I asked. :p If I hammer on KY, will you end the game rights then and there? There’s no chance anyone can stop my nightkill right?

Lol. Well it’s a tie. RNG to the rescue. Pray now!!!

From scumdoc. Seems he legitimately thought Chaos posted at hammertime. Don't be so hard on him, man. Those two last second votes were well played.