[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game III

VERTi60

I don't like Cat5's attention-grabbing. Dude, if you're town, focus less on proving yourself Day 1 and more on getting a good scumread Day 1. Don't make me change my vote. Isaac's still the scummiest read I've got so far.

Either Cat5 is drawing attention to himself because he's a building and therefore unlynchable (this was a tactic I saw Gencamo use in the first game to draw out scum), or he's a scum/third party role that will result in bad things if we lynch him. I'm not falling for it.

FRAYDO is still at the top of my scum list. And since a tied vote is no longer an issue for me...

##vote FRAYDO

##vote Mojoman

[Vote Counted] Category 5 Hurricane voted Mojoman to be lynched!

##Vote Cat5

[Vote Counted] Nodlied voted Category 5 Hurricane to be lynched!

##vote FRAYDO

[Vote Counted] Killing You voted FRAYDO to be lynched!

Time Left:

0 day(s) , 7 hours, 59 min, 33 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted Mojoman

Chaos_Knight voted Category 5 Hurricane

ChopBam voted Category 5 Hurricane

FRAYDO voted Category 5 Hurricane

Isaac The Madd voted nobody

Jeod voted Isaac The Madd

Killing You voted FRAYDO

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted Category 5 Hurricane

Wallywood voted nobody

7/10 votes casted so far

Category 5 Hurricane has the most votes - 4

My original vote on Cat5 was more of a joke but now it kinda seems off that he throws votes everywhere like crazy.
What is up with that, seriously?

I wonder if he can post 2 posts in a row without any votes? I mean:

I'll be cycling between these two. So far I dislike the reactions of these two the most.

"Cycling" implies repeated switches. Curious.

And since a tied vote is no longer an issue for me...

Is that a slip I am seeing? That's a very odd choice of words.

And since a tied vote is no longer an issue for me...

Is that a slip I am seeing? That's a very odd choice of words.

May have been poor wording on my part, as I was referring to an earlier post:

That's a possibility I forgot to take into account. Still suspicious of FRAYDO, but I'm hesitant to tie the vote... again.

I just don't want another RNG lynch as they made up 100% of the lynches last game.

A vote on Mojoman, Cat5? What compels you to do that? Is it because of the possibilities he has listed?

I believe that our beloved comrade Cat5 may have been tricked by the Allied dogs but is not yet beyond redemption!

I believe he questions his allegiance to mother Russia, but is not yet a traitorous dog.

He acts as one who wishes to be found out, who perhaps wants another chance to join the Glorious Revolution.

Or he has simply become deranged by capitalist propaganda and wishes to take many down with him.

*I think Cat5 is neutral and is either unlynchable or will explode when killed*

And on throwing votes around;

My original vote on Cat5 was more of a joke but now it kinda seems off that he throws votes everywhere like crazy.
What is up with that, seriously?

I wonder if he can post 2 posts in a row without any votes? I mean:

I'll be cycling between these two. So far I dislike the reactions of these two the most.

"Cycling" implies repeated switches. Curious.

Is it some form of post restriction that urges you to casually want to toss votes between myself and Mojo?

Or are you feigning erratic behavior to throw town off?

I think either Cat5 is akin to a Flame Tower and wants to prove himself, or he's a third party who benefits from being lynched. I don't think scum would act so erratic like that, and I also don't think he's a Flame Tower because nobody would visit him once he proves himself. It's counterproductive.

We still have five hours to go. Do we want to spend the first lynch just to find out what role Cat5 is when someone can easily visit him at night? I propose that if we're insistent on lynching him that we shoot him instead (assuming someone has a day shooting role).

Time Left:

0 day(s) , 4 hours, 22 min, 33 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted Mojoman

Killing You voted FRAYDO

Mojoman voted nobody

Wallywood voted nobody

7/10 votes casted so far

As I've alluded to before, this was a ploy to get some action out of you folks, something I knew was likely to happen anyway given how my voting pattern will go. And it's working. We had nothing to work with when I started, and now I've got tons of information to work with and my notepad has almost as much writing on it as it had all of last game, just from analyzing how you guys have reacted to my posts. It doesn't bother me that I have so many votes because I'm not particularly concerned about being lynched.

First off, I'll explain again that almost all of my posts will contain a vote. There is a reason I must do this but I will not reveal what it is because it can be used against me if that reason is known. I have to change my vote each time, so voting for myself was a tactical move. It allowed me to place a vote without limiting myself from placing another vote on whoever reacted worst to my vote if I needed to post again. It also was a convenient way to start discussion, so I did it.

So far I have this information to work off of.

Chaos_Knight tossed another OMGUS vote just as he did last game. Didn't say a word prior. He's also slow to the party in catching what my vote pattern is. Last game Chaos also failed to say much, and when he did, he always seemed to be missing information he should have caught. He's a bit up my scum list so far.

I only have two notes for ChopBam. He asked about when the game started in public two minutes before it started. Had he access to a game-related GoogleDoc, he likely would have done it there. He also said he would have voted for me to help me prove I'm town. The only thing I don't like is he also said I might be a Demo Truck,which might make his plan a bad one. I think he's town.

FRAYDO is my top target right now. He's gone from thinking I'm a building to worried about what will happen to trying to lynch me anyway. All of his reasons to lynch me are not good reasons. If you think I'm a building, there is no need to check me via lynch. If you think something bad will happen, then it's bad to push for a lynch. Last of all, he posted one minute after (what I thought was) hammer a vote that would have saved Mojoman. I'm not convinced I was the only person who thought that was hammer as there were quite a few people present at that time, including Mojoman.

Isaac the Madd is playing exactly as he did before. He's afraid to actually make an argument and stick to it. He doesn't seem to realize that in order to get information you can use, you need to generate discussion. Being silent and puting out paper thin arguments and retracting them at paper thin rebuttal will get you nowhere. I did notice that he voted for Mojoman at a time that put him back into a tie with me.

Jeod has quietly dropped the most usable information on this game. His confusion about the role list early in the game soft reveals himself as a unit that is on that list. He initially washed over my weird actions earlier, which was odd at the time, but then seemed prepared to use my claim of "roles that benefit from lynches" against me by referring to the role list before I gave him extra details. He's suspicious of Issac, which I frankly see as an easy case to latch on to as scum. He also has done one of my favorite scum tells, calling out the result before it happens. "If you are town, stop trying to prove yourself and hunt scum" (paraphrased) which frankly sounds to me like you know I'm town (or at least not mafia) and that I'm distracting town from scum. You've also called for people to fire on me, which given that about a third of the players have indicated that I might be a building, a mafia player might be concerned that this lynch will fail and result in a clear town, and that would be bad for them. Also, getting people to fire their weapons early in the game limits the amount of damage they can do to scum and removes anyone who fires from the mafia-kill priority list as they can't fire again.

One that I'm confused about is Killing_You. He's clearly afraid to lynch me and also suspicious of FRAYDO, which I think is pro-town thinking right now. However, it could be that he already knows what the result would be (same as Jeod) and is trying to distance himself from the lynch and FRAYDO at the same time.

Mojoman is clearly not concerned about anything. He didn't bother to field my votes against him and reacted to Issac with basically a "fuck of, pleb". Basically he doesn't feel like he's at risk, which could mean a number of things. I'm a litte less suspicious of him than I was earlier, but he's still up there.

Nodlied is doing a good job. He's asking all the right questions and is reacting like I'd expect a town player to. However, as arguably the best player here, I think he could manage that even if scum, so I don't consider him clear in my mind yet. Nodlied, you specifically asked for information. I think I'm being as transparent as is reasonable while still protecting myself by not revealing things for certain so that scum can't view that information as definitive.

Wallywood still hasn't participated. You may have even forgotten he was playing. Fortunately, if mandatory voting is used like I suggested, he should be automatically removed eventually by the penalty for not voting, so there isn't any reason to put any focus on him.

##vote FRAYDO

##vote FRAYDO

[Vote Counted] Category 5 Hurricane voted FRAYDO to be lynched!

Time Left:

0 day(s) , 1 hours, 33 min, 50 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted FRAYDO

Killing You voted FRAYDO

Mojoman voted nobody

Wallywood voted nobody

7/10 votes casted so far

I'm basing my arguments off of you possibly being a Flame Tower or a third party. A Flame Tower shouldn't want to be cleared this early in the game because there's no chance scum will visit them at night. Your "scumtell" on me simply means I don't consider you scum. You'd think after two years you would refrain from using classic Jeodtells. I don't have the advantage of meta, so I don't know how Isaac usually behaves. "It's too easy to scumtell him" is not a valid reason to towntell him, fmpov.

I won't discount FRAYDO, but I don't like going on meta. Meta is easily manipulated.

One that I'm confused about is Killing_You. He's clearly afraid to lynch me and also suspicious of FRAYDO, which I think is pro-town thinking right now. However, it could be that he already knows what the result would be (same as Jeod) and is trying to distance himself from the lynch and FRAYDO at the same time.

I have no idea what the outcome would be, but your behavior suggests that you wanted to be the lynch target, which didn't sit well with me. After all, you could've done so last game to draw information out, and yet you sat back quietly despite being unlynchable. I guess we'll find out what's really going on with you before too long, as hammer is in less than half an hour.

I have no idea what the outcome would be, but your behavior suggests that you wanted to be the lynch target, which didn't sit well with me. After all, you could've done so last game to draw information out, and yet you sat back quietly despite being unlynchable. I guess we'll find out what's really going on with you before too long, as hammer is in less than half an hour.

Pretty sure hammer is at 6pm EST (which is in approx. 1 hour and 10 minutes)

If it turns out that I am unlynchable, that would not exactly imply that I am a Flame Tower. It would leave that option as possible. Nothing more, nothing less. To find out for sure, the Allies would have to visit me and find out.

I like how you say it's a classic Jeodtell. Classics never die! I also find it odd that you just said that your argument against me is that a town role wouldn't want to be cleared, and in the next line you say that you think I'm town.

And then you follow that up with saying that you don't have the advantage of meta about Issac, but don't want to use meta on FRAYDO.

To clarify on Issac, I'm not sold either way on him. Technically he was scum last game, as an anti-town 3rd party. Regardless of alignment, I don't think he will be of any use unless he changes his playstyle.

less than half an hour.

Add an hour to that, actually.

I still want to see what's going on with Category 5, but Jeod makes a good point in that a cop role should just investigate him in the night.

There's not enough information to go on right now.

##unvote Cat5.

If it turns out that I am unlynchable, that would not exactly imply that I am a Flame Tower. It would leave that option as possible. Nothing more, nothing less. To find out for sure, the Allies would have to visit me and find out.

I like how you say it's a classic Jeodtell. Classics never die! I also find it odd that you just said that your argument against me is that a town role wouldn't want to be cleared, and in the next line you say that you think I'm town.

And then you follow that up with saying that you don't have the advantage of meta about Issac, but don't want to use meta on FRAYDO.

To clarify on Issac, I'm not sold either way on him. Technically he was scum last game, as an anti-town 3rd party. Regardless of alignment, I don't think he will be of any use unless he changes his playstyle.

My argument is specific to the Flame Tower role. That specific role shouldn't want to be cleared on the first day when it has a chance of being visited by scum at night. I also said I don't think your scum. I did not say I think you're town. Don't mince words.

FRAYDO isn't about meta. It's about what he's posted. I agree with you on his flip-flopping and odd behavior.

I think our thought processes differ in that you classify third party as scum, as if scum were a blanket term. I classify third party as third party. If you take that into account, your read on me might differ.

Yes, that's a fair point on scum vs. mafia. In most prior games I've played, it felt like most people have lumped anti-town 3rd parties as "scum" and use it as a blanket term, and say mafia when meaning that specifically. That said, I still think it gets confused sometimes. I try to use mafia and town to be specific and scum when I mean anti-town, though maybe I should drop scum as a label entirely.

##unvote Cat5.

[Vote Cancel] ChopBam cancelled his/her vote on Category 5 Hurricane!

Time Left:

0 day(s) , 0 hours, 59 min, 2 sec

CVC:

ChopBam voted nobody

Killing You voted FRAYDO

Mojoman voted nobody

Wallywood voted nobody

6/10 votes casted so far

Category 5 Hurricane has the most votes - 3

As I've alluded to before, this was a ploy to get some action out of you folks, something I knew was likely to happen anyway given how my voting pattern will go. And it's working. We had nothing to work with when I started, and now I've got tons of information to work with and my notepad has almost as much writing on it as it had all of last game, just from analyzing how you guys have reacted to my posts. It doesn't bother me that I have so many votes because I'm not particularly concerned about being lynched.

First off, I'll explain again that almost all of my posts will contain a vote. There is a reason I must do this but I will not reveal what it is because it can be used against me if that reason is known. I have to change my vote each time, so voting for myself was a tactical move. It allowed me to place a vote without limiting myself from placing another vote on whoever reacted worst to my vote if I needed to post again. It also was a convenient way to start discussion, so I did it.

As I said before, I have good reasons to suspect people who attract attention to themselves with gimmicky like behaviour. I see the reason behind your ''tactical move''. But props to you for getting the discussion going.

Chaos_Knight tossed another OMGUS vote just as he did last game. Didn't say a word prior. He's also slow to the party in catching what my vote pattern is. Last game Chaos also failed to say much, and when he did, he always seemed to be missing information he should have caught. He's a bit up my scum list so far.

To be fair, I always have a neutral read on Chaos_Knight on D1. He usually doesn't say shit until day 2. So until then, I've got nothing on him. (Yes, I know, meta gaming.)

FRAYDO is my top target right now. He's gone from thinking I'm a building to worried about what will happen to trying to lynch me anyway. All of his reasons to lynch me are not good reasons. If you think I'm a building, there is no need to check me via lynch. If you think something bad will happen, then it's bad to push for a lynch. Last of all, he posted one minute after (what I thought was) hammer a vote that would have saved Mojoman. I'm not convinced I was the only person who thought that was hammer as there were quite a few people present at that time, including Mojoman.

I can agree with the statement on thinking you are a building while, at the same time, being afraid to lynch you. The one-minute after ''not actually hammer'' one, however, feels a bit meh, as that one becomes void if Fraydo actually read the rules and opening posts. However, he does seem to be a bit too afraid of lynching you. I'll read up on him before deciding on what to do with him.

Isaac the Madd is playing exactly as he did before. He's afraid to actually make an argument and stick to it. He doesn't seem to realize that in order to get information you can use, you need to generate discussion. Being silent and puting out paper thin arguments and retracting them at paper thin rebuttal will get you nowhere. I did notice that he voted for Mojoman at a time that put him back into a tie with me.

To be fair, it's the entire Isaac vs Mojoman bullshit that has my senses tingling with both of them. However, I'm more suspicious of Mojoman in that regard.

Jeod has quietly dropped the most usable information on this game. His confusion about the role list early in the game soft reveals himself as a unit that is on that list. He initially washed over my weird actions earlier, which was odd at the time, but then seemed prepared to use my claim of "roles that benefit from lynches" against me by referring to the role list before I gave him extra details. He's suspicious of Issac, which I frankly see as an easy case to latch on to as scum. He also has done one of my favorite scum tells, calling out the result before it happens. "If you are town, stop trying to prove yourself and hunt scum" (paraphrased) which frankly sounds to me like you know I'm town (or at least not mafia) and that I'm distracting town from scum. You've also called for people to fire on me, which given that about a third of the players have indicated that I might be a building, a mafia player might be concerned that this lynch will fail and result in a clear town, and that would be bad for them. Also, getting people to fire their weapons early in the game limits the amount of damage they can do to scum and removes anyone who fires from the mafia-kill priority list as they can't fire again.

Wasn't it Jeod who was known as the scummiest scumfuck in the history of scum back at BHP? But yes, calling for people to shoot you while not shooting you himself does appear scummy, especially when we know that Spy shots always fail. Definately somebody to look out for tomorrow.

I think that Killing_You is generally more afraid of results than actions.

Mojoman is clearly not concerned about anything. He didn't bother to field my votes against him and reacted to Issac with basically a "fuck of, pleb". Basically he doesn't feel like he's at risk, which could mean a number of things. I'm a litte less suspicious of him than I was earlier, but he's still up there.

I'm really concerned about his apparant lack of concern, his lack of actual contribution and his lack of interest of answering questions really tingles my scumdar. He doesn't appear to be interested in contributing anything, which feels scummy when there are lynch targets up and about. His lack of concern of being lynched also makes it seem as if he's unlynchable, which would be ok, if it wasn't for his lack of serious contribution.

Nodlied is doing a good job. He's asking all the right questions and is reacting like I'd expect a town player to. However, as arguably the best player here, I think he could manage that even if scum, so I don't consider him clear in my mind yet. Nodlied, you specifically asked for information. I think I'm being as transparent as is reasonable while still protecting myself by not revealing things for certain so that scum can't view that information as definitive.

Yes, I asked for information. You've given me some and have confirmed that something is ''wrong'' with you. However, I'm still extremely sceptical of such plays. I'm happy with the post you've written up, but you're definatly still on my look-out list, for your gimmick may very well be a ruse.

##Unvote Cat5

##Vote Mojoman

Explain your behaviour.

~1 hour before hammer. Man this been a long (game) day.

If you are in fact unlynchable, and with no benefits otherwise of the attempt, then no harm done. The lynch will pass and everyone will have gained information. We would then enter Day 2 with a lot more to go off of.

Two hours to go and he hasn't even tried to get the lynch off him. I still say Isaac should go.

Let someone investigate Cat5 or something in the night.

I want to agree that someone could just simply investigate Cat5, but I can't shake the idea off your saying someone should take a shot at him. Too early to take such action.

There really isn't enough information to work off here.

Of my other suspicions, I think I'm with Jeod here about Isaac. Issac is neither scummy nor townie to me, but he is still nonetheless quiet. A vote on him didn't seem to get a response out of him, either.

Mojoman - RP text aside, he also didn't seem to be bothered by the vote. What's his game?

Wallywood - well, I guess he just forgot this was happening. I too considered him as my first vote, but that's what the Day 2 forced voting is for.

ChopBam seems town to me.

No reads for Chaos, Nodlied, or Killing_You.

##Vote Mojoman

[Vote Counted] Nodlied voted Mojoman to be lynched!

Time Left:

0 day(s) , 0 hours, 40 min, 22 sec

CVC:

ChopBam voted nobody

Killing You voted FRAYDO

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted Mojoman

Wallywood voted nobody

6/10 votes casted so far

2 voted players are at a tie (2 each)

I can agree with the statement on thinking you are a building while, at the same time, being afraid to lynch you. The one-minute after ''not actually hammer'' one, however, feels a bit meh, as that one becomes void if Fraydo actually read the rules and opening posts. However, he does seem to be a bit too afraid of lynching you. I'll read up on him before deciding on what to do with him.

And I did in fact read the rules and opening post.

I only suggested shooting Cat5 in case he was a third party with a benefit from being lynched. It would be a greater tell if he had not responded the way he has. As he's now shown that he was in fact not actively trying to get himself lynched, I'm no longer opting for the shot.

Of my other suspicions, I think I'm with Jeod here about Isaac. Issac is neither scummy nor townie to me, but he is still nonetheless quiet. A vote on him didn't seem to get a response out of him, either.

You're one of the ones on the RNG chopping block and you don't seem too concerned about this. Then again, this isn't the first time you've said something slightly contradictory.

Your multiple "Who knows~?" worries me of what will be happening here. Of the "Who know~?", I'm especially curious of what benefit there is to being lynched.

##vote Category5

Explain yourself, FRAYDO chips.

If you are in fact unlynchable, and with no benefits otherwise of the attempt, then no harm done. The lynch will pass and everyone will have gained information. We would then enter Day 2 with a lot more to go off of.

Would you mind explaining what you mean with that?

Cat5 is behaving awfully funny still. Also throwing shadow on me when you haven't bothered to explain anything about that vote thing of yours well after I've called you out on it is questionable to say the least. I will stand by my vote. If we are bringing the last game up, I am noticing certain differences in behavior.

And that "Could it be" post doesn't seem to sit well with me at all. Quite honestly, confusing posts don't benefit town much if at all, and stirring stuff up on D1? What for?

Now Chopbam asking anything in public is such a meta thing. I wouldn't try and deduct anything from that bit. As for Demo Truck concern, I'd say it could be a legitimate one considering the C4 role from before which could spell doom for everyone. Pretty blank so far.

FRAYDO. Actually fights back this time instead of being MIA. Hmm. And tbh it really doesn't feel too scummy IMO.

Isaac. Kinda blank yet noisy.

Jeod. Haven't seen this name in a while :p

Helpful. Surprisingly so for D1 even. I'd say he feels pretty town.

Killing You is another strange case. His choice of words is pretty funny, borderline slipping into scum area. For me he's pretty high on the suspicion list so far. Maybe it is not his overeagerness this time.

Mojoman. Has way too much white noise. Doesn't seem healthy for a townie + seems to behave quite differently under pressure now.

Nodlied. Plays more careful now. D1. Blank.

Wally! Get over here please?

As for now, I am gonna break the tie and

##unvote

##vote Mojoman

Cat5 should still be investigated closely IMO. There's something fishy here.

As ChopBam had said, he's throwing smoke and mirrors on his actions thereby causing confusion. I'm also with ChopBam in that while lynching him could very well blow up in our face, I doubt that possibility.

Would you mind explaining what you mean with that?

Last game when we found he was unlynchable, it was just that. Nothing gained, nothing lost for either side. Town didn't lose what could have been a friendly, and Mafia didn't score the lynch in their favor.