Chinook descending speed

des1206

Sorry for all the posts lately, heard Pushwall is doing a patch, so I wanted to get all my thoughts in.

One thing I have noticed with how people use the Chinook is that they almost always fly really close to the ground. This makes sense. While Hinds often fly high to find their targets, chinooks just need to get their passengers safely to their destination. Flying this way provides more stealth, and more importantly in the case of being shot at by the RS the nook can get to ground fast enough that everyone will survive. The only negative is potentially getting ambushed by other vehicles at ground level (i.e phase/ranger/apc) that would not have reached the chinook if it flew high.

However this is not the way the chinook is meant to be flown! Can we increase the chinook's descending speed (currently very slow) so pilots are more comfortable flying the nook higher in the sky, knowing if RS starts shooting it can quickly descend and save the passengers?

No problem WRT the posts.

I was considering doing some tweaking to the air units' physics anyway; recently the engine's "edit vehicle" console command got updated to work with VTOLs (for years it's only worked with ground vehicles) making it much easier to test out changes for them since we can now edit their physics while ingame. Had you asked for this like a month ago I'd be lecturing you about what a pain it is :v Vertical acceleration is entirely separate from horizontal acceleration so I'll see if I can find a fair value here.

Oh man I just had a laugh at a thought accompanying this. If air units descend too quickly and slam into the ground they cause an explosion that blows the unit up. I'm just picturing demo-like explosions, and that's how the Demobow was born.

Oh man I just had a laugh at a thought accompanying this. If air units descend too quickly and slam into the ground they cause an explosion that blows the unit up. I'm just picturing demo-like explosions, and that's how the Demobow was born.

>slam into enemy base

>win by base destruction

Are you suggesting we use the chinook to teabag the enemy buildings

If you can make it work for buildings I'll ask you how you did it because my Kirovs fail to damage buildings properly in AR when falling to their death.

The trick is that the Chinook moves at a not-slow enough speed to be able to descend and ascend over a building more than once before dying. Everyone knows a teabag requires at least 3 ups and downs :v