APB 3.0.7.0 Changelog

Helicopters are not an option since the original mapper did not design the map boundaries with aircraft in mind. Go any higher than 15m off the ground and you'll see blue hell everywhere beyond the cliffs. So in order for that to work there'd need to be a fuckton of extra terrain added. And before you say "just have a really low flight ceiling", Pacific Threat's flight ceiling was like 30m in testing and people kept getting their helicopters stuck on the tops of trees because that's how short 30m is. And the Soviet base is already 8m above sea level so yeah. You wouldn't even be able to land on top of the refinery/war factory if the flight ceiling was low enough to work with the barebones map boundaries. And no artillery units severely limits both teams' options in handling the land route and makes navy even harder for land to counter.

Helicopters are not an option since the original mapper did not design the map boundaries with aircraft in mind. Go any higher than 15m off the ground and you'll see blue hell everywhere beyond the cliffs. So in order for that to work there'd need to be a fuckton of extra terrain added. And before you say "just have a really low flight ceiling", Pacific Threat's flight ceiling was like 30m in testing and people kept getting their helicopters stuck on the tops of trees because that's how short 30m is. And the Soviet base is already 8m above sea level so yeah... And no artillery units severely limits both teams' options in handling the land route and makes navy even harder for land to counter.

Look..... I'm not trying to be rude or come out like an asshole, but.... a good Rocket soldier/Shock Trooper can be good against naval units.... You'll most likely see more tanks in the field instead of just infantry and artillery (maybe 1 or 2 tanks) oh and, don't forget that BUYING NAVAL UNITS IS AN OPTION! (if you didnt lose your naval production early game). A competent team can definitely counter naval units with rockets/subs/gunboats. your secondary fire on Destroyers/Msubs arent as useful as intended either due to them being inaccurate and having such short range... (Its a great idea that should be tinkered around with some more). Seriously though.... I know quite a bit of people who think the Artillery spam on the island is a bit... "dumb", so why not at least RUN ONE TEST or SOMETHING with the randoms/testers to see how the map plays out without ranged units for once. I mean... Its not too difficult to run a public test to get people's opinion.

I really don't think removing arties is a good idea. At this point, I still feel like the best solution is to bite the bullet and add the necessary terrain for helicopters. Failing that, I also think replacing the island side pillbox with a turret and then moving the Flame Tower to be in range of the island (like the pillbox is) rather than only able to hit things on the bridge would go a long way.

>The map goes: "First team to spam arty/support units on the island is 70% certain to win".

>I still think Helicopters or just the removal of ranged units (Artillery/V2) should also be considered

iHob8tP.png

Not, really. This is most of my games taken from my perspective (ancient screenshot, back before middle hill was a thing but still viable in terms of score/stats). My v2 stays in base, 90% of times soviets dont bother going this route, i shut down any allied scum that comes in my way + ships, i get MVP.

Removal of V2/Arty? Good luck fighting against subs/ships. And actually sieging anything. On TIER 5 MAP.

Killing you, that FT is already in range of island. Allied bridge is just shorter.

Edited by Alstar

And im fine with that. Pillbox is much weaker than ft so first better tank rush will break it. Even starting infantry assault can deal with it before any tanks are on field.

If pillbox was moved to point where it cannot do that anymore, ht could simply outrange it (if possible)

No, I'm arguing for moving the Flame Tower. Even though the Pillbox isn't all that great, the fact that it's there and can hit enemies on the island makes it an obstacle that needs to be taken out before the Soviets can bombard the base with V2s. Same can't be said for the Flame Tower. Also, the Soviets have to cross a longer bridge with slower vehicles, leaving them out in the open long enough to be eaten alive.

Well....I kinda agree with the pillbox being where it is now because to be fair, the V2 is easier to aim than the arty. Its not difficult to deal with the pill from the island anyway. My 2 cents.

post-5682-0-45355600-1475766815_thumb.png

You can see here that Cat5 and I made quick work of the thing. I think that if we caught the allies not paying attention then either of us could have done it alone. (I'm aware that in the screenshot i missed the pill and hit the ref :p )

Don't know how people feel about the 5 minute spy-radar thing.

We (Allies) had dome go down on Pipeline mid-game the other day. I infiltrated to get radar back but felt that the opportunity cost of missing 1 person in attacking/defending and needing to spend $1200 every 5 minutes to get radar back (spy + light tank) was just not worth it. 

Then again, from Soviet's view it is nice to see Allied radar worth destroying now. I guess getting the radar back from a spy should only be a luxury Allies can afford to do if they are doing well in game and not short on cash.

There are plans to make the spy more useful in buildings where he's currently almost useless (who cares about knowing how many volkovs or mammoth tanks the enemy has?) so eventually you'll be able to do more with your trip than just get the radar back if you can survive getting in and out of the dome.

There are plans to make the spy more useful in buildings where he's currently almost useless (who cares about knowing how many volkovs or mammoth tanks the enemy has?) so eventually you'll be able to do more with your trip than just get the radar back if you can survive getting in and out of the dome.

Care to elaborate?  :dance:  :D  It will give us something nice to chew on while waiting for this feature.