APB Madness

The RPG has a terrible splash damage and splash radius (it's an anti-armour weapon, it's not meant for this), plus the Engineer has bonus resistance against explosions, and that one probably had some armour left (it's very likely as it's pretty hard for lower skilled players to stay alive long enough to get several health regens off on that map). Judging from the distance of those explosions and all the resistances stacked against you, you were probably getting about 2-3 points of damage per RPG explosion, compared to the 7.5 of the initial grenade explosion. I don't know if that footage was shot after the latest patch or not but that's caused explosion damage to drop by another 25% against infantry with armour left (except explosions caused by C4, flame/tesla weaponry, artillery/V2 and grenades).

The RPG's potential maximum splash damage is 17.5, but that assumes a direct hit (or what the server believes to be a direct hit, as can be seen in that earlier APB Madness video where your rocket barely missed someone and exploded well outside the blast radius, but still did splash damage to them. A between-the-feet hit is not "direct" enough and knocks about 20% off this) against an armour-less infantry that isn't an Engineer. And with an actual direct hit, the rocket itself is delivering the brunt of the damage anyway :p

• 1 month later...

I don't usually laugh at my own vids, but gotta love that part with delta as Technician.

This has raised me concerns, since the latest video didn't get as much attention as I expected, are you still looking forward to seeing these? Are they getting too much the same with all the compilations of sick sniper/tank/v2 shots? Maybe for the next installment I'll try to add something more fresh.

Also, most of the fun things tend to happen when I'm not recording. :v

• 2 weeks later...

I seriously can't get enough of the stock infantry death animation where the character looks like he's pelvic thrusting or arms raised in surrender (i.e. the one in the thumbnail). Seems to show up a lot in your vids.

0:36 Woo the sandstorm did something!

0:55 That still of @Silverlight running away from a missile needs to be his new avatar or something.

1:05 / 1:10 Those quotes suit Atari perfectly!

1:07 Is that an arty shell incoming or did you add that sound in for him falling? Cause if it's the former that's a pretty great coincidence.

1:32 I really need to make the blood effects for directly hitting someone with a shell/rocket a bit more noticeable. It's basically impossible to see them right now and it's not very satisfying :(

I remember having a really mediocre round as sniper on top of the Refinery :v. But at least some hilarious shots came out of it.

Keep up these nice vids, Totd.

Edited by NoSoldier

Almost the same idea as I was going to go with, taking the race and overlaying Ridge Racer announcer quotes. Destruction Derby 2 works much better for the chaos of struggling to stay in a straight line though, and looking at it from your perspective it seems pretty accurate to that game where everyone seemed to focus on screwing you over specifically :v

1:08 is especially accurate to DD2. Don't tell me you've never driven the wrong way down the courses in Wreckin' Racing given how placing first barely scores any points by itself and any attempts to smash for more points tend to prevent you from ever clawing your way back to first anyway. :v

God how I wish W3D had a damage engine. YOU'VE BROKEN THE REAR AXLE! Great.

I like how the front row rightmost car has to like squeeze to get through, I did that one round (not sure if it was the round shown).

Also I'm glad my dedication to only buying V2s that one round got me in the video :D

22 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I like how the front row rightmost car has to like squeeze to get through, I did that one round (not sure if it was the round shown).

You know, I should probably link those vehicle spawners to the same playercount spawn system as Seamist/Wasteland so there's fewer cars with fewer players, so it'd be a bit easier to get out of the starting lane at smaller counts and people don't accidentally get in a car that's surrounded by empty ones and become unable to move.

35 minutes ago, Pushwall said:

You know, I should probably link those vehicle spawners to the same playercount spawn system as Seamist/Wasteland so there's fewer cars with fewer players, so it'd be a bit easier to get out of the starting lane at smaller counts and people don't accidentally get in a car that's surrounded by empty ones and become unable to move.

That would be nice, but I think for that car it's more just because of the tight turn straight away. While it sounds bad, it actually didn't impede progress that much, and for a brief moment I was actually out in front despite that start. Maybe it was a fluke, or maybe there's a trade off in that you get great angles to bump other people.

Edited by OrangeP47

It's hard for me to pick a favourite but I've narrowed it down to a few.

• The RPG vs Engineer slap-fight interrupted by the ant who identifies as a vulture
  • Silverlight runs from missiles and Swirly has a sleepover
  • That very last synchronised death