APB Madness

3 hours ago, ganein14 said:

LOL was that the AI ore truck?

Yes. I killed the Soviet Refinery at the exact moment their War Factory was building another Ore Truck. It drove to their ore field and starting mining and when it was full it went to the only Refinery still operational, which happened to be belong to the Allies. Sadly the Turret and a few... unaware players started shooting the truck before it made it to our Refinery. I wonder if we would've got the credit dump if it made it all the way? Would we then have two AI Ore Trucks?

55 minutes ago, NodGuy said:

Yes. I killed the Soviet Refinery at the exact moment their War Factory was building another Ore Truck. It drove to their ore field and starting mining and when it was full it went to the only Refinery still operational, which happened to be belong to the Allies. Sadly the Turret and a few... unaware players started shooting the truck before it made it to our Refinery. I wonder if we would've got the credit dump if it made it all the way? Would we then have two AI Ore Trucks?

I tested this offline so I'd know how to file the bug report. It doesn't dump - it just sits on the other team's refinery dump spot forever, possibly blocking the AI OT on the team with the working refinery from dumping. On the way there it is also likely to ram the enemy OT and get stuck though - you'll often have to help it out by ramming one of them away for the OT to actually reach the opposing refinery.

I'll have to go see what the truck does on large maps where the pathfind grid isn't complete enough to connect the 2 bases together. Because in that case it certainly can't drive to the enemy refinery.

e: it just sits still on its own ore field forever after collecting. Which is honestly what it should do in all cases. I have no idea why the ore miner script tries to seek out enemy dump zones if they're in range (it even knows they're enemy ones, if it didn't then it would actually dump at them!). It's not my script. :v

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I always dread whenever you upload these at the same time that I've just finished a patch and am preparing to upload it, because these videos are almost invariably a showcase of Shit That Needs Changing that I then have to deal with.

Fortunately it's just the MP5 which has been dealt with already, and minor bugs that nobody cares about like Jesus infantry hanging around for a while if they die while rebuying. :v

34 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

3o0wQZB.gif

At first I just wrote that off as mods fucking around and spawning a circular cluster of chronotanks to look like a death star, and not an actual replacement of the moon texture. Go me. :v

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh good, you were recording during that round. Are you going to share the clip when you were a spy and your Allied teammate was next to you, shooting you thinking you were an enemy, and this caused the Flame Tower to kill you? That was hilarious!

5 hours ago, NodGuy said:

Oh good, you were recording during that round. Are you going to share the clip when you were a spy and your Allied teammate was next to you, shooting you thinking you were an enemy, and this caused the Flame Tower to kill you? That was hilarious!

Poor Thomaslai