Totally Hypothetical Tournament Ideas

Mojoman

Hey guys,

I'm looking for ideas on how an APB (or reborn if there's a big build that comes out) tournament could be done. How many people would be on a team? How many matches each? What would be the best way to determine team composition (RNG, self-choose, pairs of better and poorer players)?

I'm thinking of putting up a hundred bucks or so for the first prize (not a lot but ya know). I hope it will get the community a bit energized and maybe draw a few people in,

Thoughts?

post-10883-0-49038400-1477540375_thumb.png

Clanwars for 100 bucks? Free MOney to {AW} you mean?

Only if the plebarmy (perfect new clanname :D) (the clanless) doesn't stop that.

The idea itself is fine but it would be kind of weird to split this money evenly between a clan if it's a clanwar.

• 7v7
  • 3 maps
  • first team chooses maps and order in which they will be played
  • second team chooses their sides, either S-A-S or A-S-A

It's how we used to play in the past.

The 7v7 is basically the minimum number of players to conduct any balanced and full fledged competition. More could work as well, I suppose.

It depends if you can find a balanced infantry map.

As of others, TheWoodsToday and Volcano were ones i played in almost every clanwar (one of the reasons is they had no base defenses, which affect balance in their own right). Too bad they're not around  :'(

In fact, I would really like to test current maps whether they're viable.

As of others, TheWoodsToday and Volcano were ones i played in almost every clanwar (one of the reasons is they had no base defenses, which affect balance in their own right). Too bad they're not around  :'(

We could always do part of the tournament with 1.2.x beta as well as delta. Switching between game versions would be an interesting twist.

It depends if you can find a balanced infantry map.

In fact, I would really like to test current maps whether they're viable.

My BO3 CW had River Raid, Volcano and Classic Zama. I think from current map roster Zama, TTC, Coastal, Pipeline and Stormy would fit into CW map roster.

TeamNX used to pick Seamist as our top pick. It was considered very soviet biased, to a degree that by making it the top pick we literally tunneled the enemy into picking S-A-S. Meanwhile, we spent countless hours practicing allied seamist, to a point where we could reasonably win against any opponent, sometimes even by base destruction. Then, the remaining maps and sides were already set up for us beforehand.

Never lost a clanwar. Either as a player or as a leader. I'm looking forward to it.