1. 1. Which game you wish to play next?

• Red Alert Mafia RPG
    • RA: APB Mafia
    • Courtroom RPG
    • Death Note Mafia
    • Underworld Mafia
    • Dead Space RPG 5
    • Game of Thrones Mafia

Hello and welcome to the Interest thread for the next game(s) for November and/or December 2016.

I've picked these based on your suggestions and also based on my ideas of games that could be played.

So please, pick a forum game that you would be interested in playing. It doesn't have to be this or next month though, if a game gets enough upvotes it can be played whenever available.

Here's what I propose:

• If a voted game gets 7 or more votes, it will be picked as next game. If there are more games like this then the one with more votes will be picked and the others will be played after.
  • If a voted game gets at least 5 votes I'll consider choosing it in next interest thread or when the current picked games end.
  • If a voted game doesn't get any votes then it's not going to be featured in close or long future.
  • I can always start classic RA: APB Mafia game regardless of this poll, so you want to play RA: APB Mafia you can also vote for something else.
  • Please let me know if you have more ideas so I can add it to the poll

Proposed games:

1. 20 Year Special: Red Alert Mafia RPG II

1uAlA9H.jpg

• Game type: Mafia RPG
  • Complexity: Moderate, Advanced Classic RA: APB Mafia + C&C Red Alert base building elements
  • Game Length & Phases: 2-4 Weeks, Plan & Action Phases
  • Ready in: 2 Weeks
  • GM: VERTi60
  • Description: If you remember, I hosted a RA: APB Mafia RPG back on BHP. Besides normal scum hunting, the town had to build up their base and characters from scratch as they received credits and had to invest to improve and advance the game-play. While town was busy building, the allied spies where scheming how to disrupt the soviet operation. To make things more interesting, third parties and different agendas made the game more unpredictable than anticipated.

2. 20 Year Special: RA:APB-themed Mafia game IV

• Game type: Mafia
  • Complexity: Normal, Classic Mafia with RA elements and favor, special crazy units appearance
  • Game Length & Phases: 2-3 Weeks, Battle and Plan Phase
  • Ready in: 1 Week
  • Description: Classic Mafia with RA: APB Flavor we used to play. This time though with special crazy units and more surprises to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

3. Courtroom RPG

AA6_10-15-15_001a.jpg

• Game type: Courtroom-style Detective RPG
  • Complexity: Complex forum game mechanics, mini-games and guided discussions
  • Game Length & Phases: 2-5 Weeks, Multiple dynamic game phases to follow the court process
  • Ready in: (???)
  • GM: Jeod
  • Description: This is a courtroom-style forum game based on the court process in Ace Attorney games. The following alignments exist: Judge, Defense Team, Prosecution Team, Witnesses, and Defendants. As in the AA courtroom, the game begins with a scenario where the Defendant(s) is/are assumed guilty. The entire forum game revolves around finding the Defendant(s) innocent or guilty, depending on which alignment you carry.

4. Death Note Mafia RPG

• Game type: Mafia style Detective RPG
  • Complexity: Mafia RPG with interesting detective mechanics and unique roles
  • Game Length & Phases: 2-4 Weeks, Day and Night
  • Ready in: 2-4 Weeks
  • GM: VERTi60 (Jeod's idea)
  • Description: Based on popular Japanese manga series written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata. The purpose of the game will be to find out the truth about mysterious supernatural notebook gifted by Shinigami named Ryuk that grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose name and face he knows. The series centers around Light's attempts to create and rule a world "cleansed of evil" as "God" using the notebook, and the efforts of a detective known as L and his team to stop him. Game will have standard mafia mechanics as town will try to find the "Kira", although the culprit doesn't have to be the current notebook keeper. Interesting detective mechanics, roles and actions will be the base of the game design. No one is safe!

5. Underworld Mafia Forum Game

• Game type: Vampire vs Werewolf Mafia
  • Complexity: Mafia with cults
  • Description: One of my old Mafia game concepts, this time, set in the Underworld (vampire vs werewolf) universe. Obviously two cults and a town fighting it over.

6. Dead Space RPG 5

• Game type: RPG
  • Complexity: Complex RPG with fights, AIs, weapons, artifacts, converting and exploration, storyline
  • Game Length & Phases: 4-10 Weeks, Battle/Exploration/Plan/Action
  • Ready in: 4-6 Weeks
  • Description: Do you dare to finish your Dead Space Journey Isaac?

7. GoT Mafia

• Game type: Flavor Mafia
  • Complexity: Normal
  • GM: VERTi60 (Voe's idea)
  • Description: Standard Mafia Game with Game of Thrones Flavor.

Why would I be the GM of the courtroom mafia game? If I wanted to GM I'd post my own thread :p Besides, after the last disaster, I'm going to take quite a while to meticulously plan things out. The reason I sent the PM to the other GMs was so that it could be hosted by others and fleshed out if desired.

I'm curious. In either of the APB mafias, do you plan to continue from the previous game's plot as a story arc?

Why would I be the GM of the courtroom mafia game? If I wanted to GM I'd post my own thread :p Besides, after the last disaster, I'm going to take quite a while to meticulously plan things out. The reason I sent the PM to the other GMs was so that it could be hosted by others and fleshed out if desired.

I'm curious. In either of the APB mafias, do you plan to continue from the previous game's plot as a story arc?

Well it's there so you know how much interest it gets, if it's worth putting some effort to it or not :p

As for the APB mafia plots, not decided yet on story, these games usually don't revolve around a plot but just theme, every game is different depending on units chosen. Other games however would have more difficult plot or story to evolve.

It's tough to tell how much interest something has when we just got out of a fiasco and the same GM is listed on a different game type. IMHO you should have left the GM tag out of it.

I have it there in case someone proposes a game or wants something to host - I used to have it similarly on BHP Mafia organisation thread as well. Hey if you don't want to host it let me know and I'll change it. :p It's interesting concept, hence I was curious if people would vote for it.

It's tough to tell how much interest something has when we just got out of a fiasco and the same GM is listed on a different game type. IMHO you should have left the GM tag out of it.

I have it there in case someone proposes a game or wants something to host - I used to have it similarly on BHP Mafia organisation thread as well. Hey if you don't want to host it let me know and I'll change it. :p It's interesting concept, hence I was curious if people would vote for it.

I think they'd be more inclined to try it if my name wasn't on it directly after the last game which I broke to hell. :p

Perhaps. A game like that would take a lot of time to set up since you have to balance the scenario to ensure all the possibilities are achievable. Can't be too easy, can't be too hard. Not to mention deciding what the witnesses witnessed and how they might choose to give their testimonies.

Yes, yes. Point being as a GM with the possibility of having that game mode, it would be wise to plan a scenario even before the game mode is voted in, so it's ready to go. There are tons of sherlock holmes templates, "what-if" scenarios from the AA games, and real life murder mysteries to go on. I feel like a locked room mystery is the perfect way to start off the courtroom rpg. Perhaps I'll start working on that while other mafia games are happening.

Can we get a TSR Mafia?

Funny enough, I've been thinking about running a TSR Mafia at some point. I'd just need an experienced GM to help me through the process, as well as altering the hammer time slightly.

I don't use macros like Vert. I count votes by hand (which is why I missed one of the votes last game causing a hammer on Voe), and for rng I use a random number generator or dice rolls. It's fairly easy, the only thing you'd really need to do as a first-time GM (and maybe subsequent times if you're trying new setups) is to consider balance issues.

Can we get a TSR Mafia?

Funny enough, I've been thinking about running a TSR Mafia at some point. I'd just need an experienced GM to help me through the process, as well as altering the hammer time slightly.

I can run a TSR Mafia just as easy as APB one. All I need is a table of roles with similar actions and I can convert the current game to TSR. If you're up for it balancing the roles and actions, be my guest :)

Well then. I'd say it's obvious APB won. As for storylines and plots, I can see APB RPG having one, but not APB Mafia.

storyline and plot wise (biggest to lowest):

1. Dead Space RPG V (chapters, storyline driven gameplay, videos)

2. Death Note Mafia (plot driven gameplay, roles, animation)

3. Got Mafia/Underworld Mafia (roles and plot based on moves/series)

4. RA RPG/APB Mafia (very little plot, focused on gameplay, small twists)