You're going to love how this game sounds. I've been very careful to stay as close to RA2 as possible while still providing some enhancements. I even managed to include some of the original engine sounds in a few cases; namely the Mirage Tank and the Siege Chopper.

I love the look of that G.I model. He has the characteristic Renegade derp face.

Oh yes...

cGcCbKQ4YzUhwHkaJ5rdmf-650-80.jpg

But everything looks so neat that I can't wait to try this someday! But a question (though I assume for the sake of balance) that the Desolator deploy ability won't affect team mates this time around?

Another thing that I wonder about, whilst the internal structures of this game look great and more 'expansive' I often worry whether or not it'll be more difficult to repair since you'd be running around the place trying to find the central hub? Or do these minor weak points also serve as a repair hub?

Minor weakpoints are points in buildings that disable the structure, much like killing it would, albeit without actually doing so. In exchange, there are repair nodes throughout both Allied and Soviet buildings that will let you repair just as fast as if you were repairing at an MCT, but not have the MCT's weakness to damage. That damage bonus goes for the major weak point, and if I'm wrong on any points, may the devs feel free to correct me on it.

I like this guy.

You're hired.

Sweet, can't wait to start testing

But a question (though I assume for the sake of balance) that the Desolator deploy ability won't affect team mates this time around?

I think teammates will receive reduced damage or if possible be given radiation warning and a small timer of immunity but when that runs out they take full damage.

If friendlies are given full immunity I suspect the mechanic will be used abusively

IS this still on W3D engine? Aren't you pushing the textures too much? Or is it the other way around with this engine? it handles textures well but not Polygons?

Yes and no not really. Historically, W3D is not good with textures applied to high resolution meshes (if I remember correctly), but with more modern hardware, we can afford to throw the boat out a bit more on quality. Last time I looked, the typical infantry character in AR tends to have nearly double the polygons of the best looking infantry character in Reborn.

Another thing that I wonder about, whilst the internal structures of this game look great and more 'expansive' I often worry whether or not it'll be more difficult to repair since you'd be running around the place trying to find the central hub? Or do these minor weak points also serve as a repair hub?

To support what the other guys have said, I'll just quickly run through building objects in an easy-to-follow list.

• Purchase Terminal - Buy your Infantry and Vehicles here.
  • Repair Node - Engineers and Technicians can use their tools on this object for a faster repair rate. The advantage of these nodes is that Engineers can repair the building safely without being gunned down by SEALs that are camping the Major Weakpoint/MCT.
  • Minor Weakpoint - Easy to Kill, disables the building until it is repaired.
  • Major Weakpoint - Hard to Kill, the building is destroyed when this is destroyed, much like MCTs in Renegade/APB/Reborn.

• 1 month later...