[GAME OVER]Back to Basics II: Classic APB Mafia

GeneralCamo

I proposed the idea of another Back to Basics game in the dead doc of the recent APB Mafia IV game. The original Back to Basics was a game started by Allie29 to bring back the classic APB Mafia game style started by Gleadr after a large amount of games involving complicated mechanics or non-APB themes. While many of us enjoy these games for the fun and hilarity, some of us want to go Back to Basics. II. I'll stop now...

Back to Basics

Back to Basics is a return to form of the original APB-themed mafia. It involves a team of Allied players trying to eliminate an outpost of Soviet players. The Allies know who their teammates are, but are outnumbered, so must use their cunning and wit to fool the Soviets off their trail. The Soviets do not know who their teammates are, and must use their reasoning and critical thinking to find and lynch their opponents before they outnumber them. Along the way, there may be Neutral players with unique roles that may influence the game.

This game will take place in-between VERTi60's APB Mafia IV and his next game, which is TBA.

Some game rules (Shamelessly stolen and edited from VERTi60's thread):
  • Await your Role PM soon before the game starts, if you have any questions, let me know before we start, since after that I won't have as much time to check PMs
  • Please be civil! No spamming or swearing. It's just a game. Let's have fun!
  • If you are not in the game, please DO NOT post game related stuff in the thread!
  • DO NOT discuss the game outside of the thread unless you are specifically given permission by me.
  • DO NOT quote private mod communications anywhere. This includes private chat documents.
  • DO NOT attempt to break the game. No trying to get people to make toxx clauses, encryption, or fake day actions. Basically, if you're about to post something you're a little too proud of as a way of breaking the game, think twice before posting.
  • Good luck!

Rules & Mechanics unique to this game:

• This game has a day phase and a night phase. This game will start in the day phase.
  • Masons, Allies, and Serial Killers will have their own doc to converse (or write insane notes) in.
  • During the Night Phase, players are allowed TWO posts in the thread. Violation of this rule may result in a post restriction the next day, a mod replacement, or a mod kill depending on the severity of the infraction.
  • Cop and Doctor roles are confirmed sane (No insane cops or paranoid doctors). As a result, Cops cannot (nor have any reason to) investigate themselves.
  • Roles available in the game (and their actions) will be announced at the start of the game. Which roles available will depend on the number of signups. There is no indication of how many of each role is in-game however. The number may even be zero.

Signed Players:

• Jeod
  • Category 5 Hurricane
  • Nodlied
  • VERTi60
  • FRAYDO
  • Voe
  • Killing_You
  • Mojoman
  • Chopbam
  • Alstar
  • Chaos_Knight

Game Progress:

Post here if you want to join in this exciting new game. Start time and date is TBA.

Edited by GeneralCamo

Ooh, I am as well! Will this be a regular vanilla vs vanilla with one cop/tracker etc or will it be slightly more fun with a shrink and third party? Also, will this be a hidden role setup or will all possible roles be revealed at start (but not all roles have to be in the game)?

9 Players have signed up so far. This game will not start until VERTi60's game is finished, so there is plenty of time to sign up if you still want to get in on the action.

As for the roles: They are TBA when the player number is found. However, with 9 players I can get a good idea of what roles can be put into the game and be balanced. I'll post a role sheet in the future.

Edited by GeneralCamo

No role sheets!

Role sheets break games - instead of psychoanalysis it turns into this how-the-game-had-to-be-balanced speculation rubbish.

"Oh i wonder how many third party there had to be when there are 54 town and 11 scum"

"Clearly it is 20 because otherwise the volkov role from the role sheet wouldn't fit in"

No role sheets!

Role sheets break games - instead of psychoanalysis it turns into this how-the-game-had-to-be-balanced speculation rubbish.

"Oh i wonder how many third party there had to be when there are 54 town and 11 scum"

"Clearly it is 20 because otherwise the volkov role from the role sheet wouldn't fit in"

The role sheet (if I just outright don't decide to make this a closed game) will be basic. As I said in the OP:

• Roles available in the game (and their actions) will be announced at the start of the game. Which roles available will depend on the number of signups. There is no indication of how many of each role is in-game however. The number may even be zero.

Good luck trying to argue the meta when there are more roles than players.

ROLE SHEET AND INFORMATION

I've decided to post the role sheet with all the role names and the relevant information. Just as a note:

• There is no guarantee that these roles will appear in this game. A lot of these are red herrings intended to distract you, or possible roles for future games.
  • The secret role will remain a secret until it is killed. Then it will be declassified in this sheet. This is assuming it is in-game, the above applies.
  • I'm not posting document links in here. Do not worry, they will appear in your PMs if you get those roles.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NeZi4VtwjDGvi-9IGiiAHz1m5680HWU7gqADWlRTlCc/pubhtml

TENTATIVE START DATE AND TIME

I'm unfortunately restricted to a Friday start as well due to outside obligations. With 10 players we can get a very interesting game going here however. Perhaps we could have more signups though?

Tentative Close (Signups close, begin sending PMs) Time/Date: Friday, December 16, 2016 at 18:00:00 UTC (13:00:00 UTC-5)
Tentative Start (Day 1 Starts) Time/Date: Friday, December 16, 2016 at 21:00:00 UTC (16:00:00 UTC-5)

The tentative start will become our hammer time. Does this sound acceptable to everyone here? Or are there any significant objections?

Edited by GeneralCamo