[GAME OVER]Back to Basics II: Classic APB Mafia

GeneralCamo

As I've played it on epicmafia, no. The SK can be nightkilled. However as Voe is denying the SK role, and also does not seem like a scum, then that means we have 4/5 hostiles in the rest of the bunch (assuming ChopBam is cop, fmpov).

I don't see why town wouldn't be given a cop role with a SK in the game. This solidifies my belief that ChopBam is the cop. Either way, the lynch should be in one of the five:

Alstar

FRAYDO

Chaos_Knight

Killing You

Nodlied

Alstar seems super town, and where there is a SK in the game, there may also be a Shrink (Psychiatrist). If Nodlied is the Shrink, then he assumed I was a third party on Day 1 and attempted to convert me N1. That would mean that I am no longer a SK. However, Nodlied wouldn't know the result, which is why he'd ask me to explain what happened. Therefore, from my point of view, there are three players left--meaning I'm either wrong about Alstar or Voe is the SK.

Hey guys. No guarantees I'll be able to contribute more before hammer. Something about unexpected events, alcohol, and of course I'll be working around hammertime.

I had my suspicions on FRAYDO Night 1 for fencesitting. Then he came out against Chaos and Chopbam with a rather flimsy argument (which isn't helped by Choppy's cop softclaim, which I have no reason to disbelieve), and as soon as Chaos bit back, he seems to have disappeared for no rhyme or reason. Obviously hoping to slip under the RADAR by the Voe/Choppy/Jeod dynamic. Not about to let scum get away in MYLO.

##vote FRAYDO

Alright, I'm off for now. Good luck, mentlegen.

Mafia is one leap from victory. They are not the silent players in the background.

I respect your vote, Killing_You. If our dynamic doesn't allow us to lynch ChopBam, I am still fine with going after FRAYDO. Scum is scum.

I'm hoping to get input from Nodlied and CK before work. But, if I don't, I'll still vote. I do have a 15m break two and a half hours into my shift which will allow me to briefly skim the thread and possibly change my vote. After that, I may not be available until after hammer. I work from home for a call center, you see, and so it's not guaranteed I'll have any time between calls to respond to things. It's the Christmas season, so it's busy.

Not so fast. We still have time left.

You know what, Voe, if we can agree on nothing else, but that FRAYDO is scum, let's go after FRAYDO. KY makes a good point, and Jeod hasn't ruled him out.

##vote FRAYDO

itjustmakessense.jpg

RAPID RESPONSE CHOPBAM

RAPID RESPONSE CHOPBAM

You're making a bigger deal out of my rapid responses than needs to be made.

Among all the ridiculousness you've spouted about me being scum, you made the case that Jeod, FRAYDO, and I are on a baddie team. Well, why don't we make us all happy and lynch FRAYDO? If I've bussed him, then he is scum and town will live another day (minus probably me).

Mafia edit: I know that last parenthetical note probably doesn't make sense. I was inserting the idea that I will likely be nightkilled tonight as I have hardclaimed PR, and not continuing off the idea of myself bussing fraydo.

If FRAYDO turned out to be scum and you were not nightkilled, then yes you would most likely be lynched the next day.

Of course, your saying this might let the scum leave me alive in the hopes that I'd be lynched tomorrow. This could play in our favor, as I'd have another night to investigate.

Unlikely, though.

It's also counterproductive for scum to bus scum today as it's MYLO. They would only do this if they felt they were on the lynching block, and at the moment you are not (pending unvotes).

FRAYDO voted for CK. Given the above thought, let's look at the combinations. I'm excluding Nodlied and Alstar for the moment as I townread them.

FRAYDO

Chaos_Knight

Killing You

If the scum refuse to bus today on account of MYLO, then the possible teams are:

FRADYO + KY

KY + CK

FRAYDO + CK

On this logic, KY is confirmed to be scum. Since he is currently here, I'd like to know what he has to say about this.

And I've forgotten the third scum, again. Okay, so going on Voe is the SK, we have these possibilities:

FRAYDO + CK + KY
FRAYDO + CK + ALSTAR
FRAYDO + CK + NODLIED
CK + KY + ALSTAR
CK + KY + NODLIED
KY + ALSTAR + NODLIED

This means that one of my townreads on either Alstar or Nodlied is incorrect.

Edt: more possibilities

FRAYDO + KY + ALSTAR

FRAYDO + KY + NODLIED

It's also counterproductive for scum to bus scum today as it's MYLO. They would only do this if they felt they were on the lynching block, and at the moment you are not (pending unvotes).

I agree. I also believe that FRAYDO is mostly guilty by association. With ChopBam.

However, you and ChopBam are intertwined a lot more than Fraydo is with either of you. If scum was to bus one of them to salvage the game, it would be one who leaves least connections with the others.

That's why I want to lynch ChopBam. He is in the middle of this, and if he flips scum, that will be a direct connection to both Jeod and Fraydo. If fraydo dies, Jeod will still be able to defend himself rather well. ChopBam flipping, on the other hand, is the nail in the coffin.

I'm also hoping Nodlied will make it in time to explain his night action.

I agree. I also believe that FRAYDO is mostly guilty by association. With ChopBam.

However, you and ChopBam are intertwined a lot more than Fraydo is with either of you. If scum was to bus one of them to salvage the game, it would be one who leaves least connections with the others.

That's why I want to lynch ChopBam. He is in the middle of this, and if he flips scum, that will be a direct connection to both Jeod and Fraydo. If fraydo dies, Jeod will still be able to defend himself rather well. ChopBam flipping, on the other hand, is the nail in the coffin.

I'm also hoping Nodlied will make it in time to explain his night action.

By all accounts, it's far more likely that ChopBam is the cop and I am the town report. If I were godfather, then I would be attempting to discount two players in the lynch pool.

We are not lynching ChopBam today.

But we should.

ChopBam had a "good feeling" about you even on day one, justifying it by "jeod plays the same scum and town". How does it prove you're town then? And If he really did believe it, why would he investigate you out of all people?

Cat5 was suspicious of ChopBam.

ChopBam wanted and still softly supports nolynch.

ChopBam doesn't want cops to come out.

ChopBam doesn't hard claim, we don't even know what kind of cop he claims to be.

ChopBam and you go hand in hand the whole game. Jeod, you do realise that scum can buy the loyalty of literally anyone by saying they're town? Scum KNOWS that everyone aside of them is town. (Aside from SK, of course, but if i was SK and someone came out openly claiming I'm town, I'd be very happy with that statement.)

And lastly, he catches every chance of a bandwagon. Revenge voting? Vote the revenge voter. Possible SK? Vote the possible SK. Lynch FRAYDO? Sure, jump on the wagon.

ChopBam. Is. Not. Town.

Choppy if you plan to claim the serial killer, don't even start.

I fully understand the loyalty bit. ChopBam also fully claimed SKVD Spy.

However, like with me having a 50/50 of being town or the godfather, ChopBam also has the 50/50 of being the cop or a scum. I refuse to vote for him for this reason.

I do need to start work soon. Thus, my final vote assuming I cannot be back during my break and assuming I do not change it if I do make it back.

##vote Killing You

Chaos, you're my last hope of preventing a huge mistake.

I'm going out. Should be back before hammer.

Alstar, you too. I don't know if you're town or the SK, but i believe in your better judgement.

ChopBam had a "good feeling" about you even on day one, justifying it by "jeod plays the same scum and town". How does it prove you're town then? And If he really did believe it, why would he investigate you out of all people?

Maybe I really wanted to see who Jeod was? It was important to do, considering our past games and Jeod's D1 actions, especially tunneling for a Verti lynch. I also thought it would be important to investigate him considering that he seems to play the same way as town and scum (which Cat5 said in another game, and which I agree with now).

Cat5 was suspicious of ChopBam.

1) Cat5 went pretty hard on Verti D1, along with some others of us.

2) Cat5 only made posts during the joke phase because that was the only time he was alive.

I'm guessing you're referring to this post (reasoning which has already been responded to):

ChopBam has been fensesitting, called out a VERTi60 town lynch, tried to slow down the lynch, been told something (potentially in a scum doc over the past two days, and thinks Jeod should be investigated. If both Jeod and VERTi60 are town, this could be a scum ChopBam POV.

And voting no lynch to boot.

ChopBam wanted and still softly supports nolynch.

And this is bad because..?

ChopBam doesn't want cops to come out.

And the fact you wanted them to come out and hardclaim immediately was telling to me that you wanted to know who the cops were so you could kill them.

ChopBam doesn't hard claim, we don't even know what kind of cop he claims to be.

Oh but I did. You really don't read posts.

And lastly, he catches every chance of a bandwagon.

Not so. My continued, unanswered questions on why no lynching is bad, in the face of all opposition from the vets, does not seem like a bandwagon to me. Your confusing behavior is making me flip flop on you, and that's it.

The fact remains,

If I am lynched today, it is a stupid move and we lose.

CVC - Cumulative Vote Count 

Time Left:

0 day(s) , 4 hour, 31 min

CVC:

Chaos_Knight voted for FRAYDO

ChopBam voted for FRAYDO

FRAYDO voted for Chaos_Knight

Alstar voted for ChopBam

Jeod voted for Killing You

Killing You voted for FRAYDO

Nodlied voted nobody

Voe voted for ChopBam

7/8 votes casted so far

FRAYDO has the majority for a lynch

Choppy, we're at 4 town and 4 hostiles. This is MYLO, but it's also LYLO. We have to lynch today and we have to lynch correctly.

Are you sure about that? All I see is

Announcement: MYLO IS IN EFFECT. A mislynch today could result in a scum win tomorrow!

which seems pretty soft. If there was even possibility of LYLO, shouldn't the GM have said so in the day opening post, rather than a mere "mislynch could result in a scum win"?

Alright, let's get to it.

ChopBam and you go hand in hand the whole game. Jeod, you do realise that scum can buy the loyalty of literally anyone by saying they're town? Scum KNOWS that everyone aside of them is town. (Aside from SK, of course, but if i was SK and someone came out openly claiming I'm town, I'd be very happy with that statement.)

That is literally what I said a bit earlier.

However, the length of Wall'o'Text suggests either a lot of free time in a scum doc or actual town efforts to investigate. I tend to lean towards the latter tbh. That doesn't, however, clear off ChopBam for scum would obviously know who's NOT one of them.

Yet Jeod's faith seems to be pretty blind here. I wonder why? He also seems to be completely sure that Voe is a SK even though I don't exactly see it as confirmed.

So with recent developments in mind (which tend to happen when I am either sleeping or going home from work damn it) let's do an overview of the people.

Chaos_Knight - still me. Still writing this.

ChopBam - Softclaimed and then hardclaimed cop. Plays along with this role in mind. Could be potential scum trying to win Jeod's trust or playing along with him.

FRAYDO - Behaves in a pretty weird way after me pointing out how he could be a potential SK. Writes nonsense like calling No Lynch a "mislynch" in an apparent attempt to win some sympathy from Alstar. My main suspect as we speak. Went MIA.

Alstar - A quiet one who, however, doesn't like being belitteled by his novice status. With the lack of meta knowledge about his behaviors I have to admit that he looks rather towny so far with his actions and ideas.

Jeod - Behaves agressively, tries to compose possible scumteams while somehow specifically excluding Voe and ChopBam. And while I could agree on not including a hardclaimed cop there, his firm beliefs that Voe is SK are very odd to me. Do you happen to know something?

Killing_You - Decided to support my vote on FRAYDO with somewhat different arguments. Was MIA for the most of the day. Blames alcohol.

Nodlied - MIA also. Did something to Jeod N1. Didn't come back yet to tell what exactly was that.

Voe - On an active crusade against Jeod and ChopBam. More on ChopBam and less on Jeod. Extremely agressive from the get go, seems to firmly believe his theory of ChopBam-Jeod-??? scumteam. Could be scum. Seems to be strangely friendly towards me specifically soon after calling me a person impossible to read. Hm.

Also a bit of an info why NoLynch is considered bad:

NoLynch on D1 is bad because it just gives scum a free night to kill while town would have less actual information (votes, reasonings, etc).

NoLynch on MYLO is not as bad but it will most likely turn into LYLO the next day. And looking how our doc is dead... yeah.

NoLynch on D1 is bad because it just gives scum a free night to kill while town would have less actual information (votes, reasonings, etc).

NoLynch on MYLO is not as bad but it will most likely turn into LYLO the next day. And looking how our doc is dead... yeah.

FINALLY!!!

Although, what good info did we get from Verti flipping? And in the end it only brought us closer to MYLO.

FINALLY!!!

Although, what good info did we get from Verti flipping? And in the end it only brought us closer to MYLO.

That is a pretty unfortunate side-effect. There's a risk of it all flopping like a bunch of wet noodles if the lynched person behaves like Voe or Vert.

Also normally games don't get MYLO on damn DAY 2.

which seems pretty soft. If there was even possibility of LYLO, shouldn't the GM have said so in the day opening post, rather than a mere "mislynch could result in a scum win"?

A) We lynch town. Scum kills another town and SK does the same. Scum wins due to 3:1:2

B) We lynch town. Scum kills another town and SK kills one of scum. Its 2:1:2 and we are in LYLO.

C) We lynch SK. Scum kills town and its 3:3 - which results in scum winning (still not sure how draws are solved)

D) We lynch scum. Remeaning scum and SK kill 2 town. Situation like in B).

E) We lynch scum. Scum kills town and SK kills one of scummates. Its 1:1:3 which may result in town victory (best case scenario).

And last versions which im not sure if it would be true due to unknown information about SK nightkill immunity. However if he doesnt have it then

F) We lynch scum. Scum and SK attack each other, leaving it at 4:1 for town. Better scenario than E.

G) We lynch scum. Scum kills SK who kills town. It's 4:2 for town. Good position.

But if he does, then

H) We lynch scum. Scum attacks SK who attacks town. 3:1:2 for town.

I) We lynch scum. Scum attacks SK who takes revenge on them. 4:1:1 for town.

Did i miss something?

To answer your question Alstar, draws are resolved like this:

1. If there is a Third Party and more than 2 players in the game, then the game continues.
  2. If there is a Third Party and the only other player remaining is Mafia, the game ends on a draw.
  3. If there is a Third Party and the only other player is a Town-aligned player, Third Party wins.
  4. If there is no Third Party but there is a single mafia faction, Mafia wins.
  5. If there are two Mafia factions in equal numbers, the game ends on a draw.
  6. If there are two Mafia factions with one having higher numbers than the other, the Mafia faction with the higher number of players wins.
  7. If the only scum remaining cannot kill, then the game ends on a draw.
Edited by GeneralCamo

Good job GenCam. Spilling beans there maybe?

@Chaos - indeed, you're hard to read. But you did nothing this game to rise my suspicion. You didn't bandwagon (like choppy), or rolefish (like jeod), or actively build a case for a unanimous lynch today. You also did not attempt an active defence of any of the players or reinforce their opinions. It may sound a little sad, but it looks like if you don't have any friends this game. Which is expected of town, but not of scum.