[GAME OVER]Back to Basics II: Classic APB Mafia

GeneralCamo

However, as i wrote before, there is a chance that there are still 3 members of town. Nodlied is confirmed, Chopbam is a bit more town-ish since yesterday-today events.

Also, now it explains Jeod's claim that he didnt received any PM after Nodlied RB him.

The only chance I see of there being three town is if you are town. You should explain more as you are a prime suspect right now. If you help us by voting Killing You, then that will certainly assist you in your case.

However we don't want early hammer, so do it later.

Gencam is already asking me for a night action PM. I assume Nodlied and scum were asked the same. Here comes the lottery, i suppose. 

I haven't responded yet, btw. There is literally a 1/3 chance to block scum's nightkill tonight.

##unvote

Gencam is already asking me for a night action PM. I assume Nodlied and scum were asked the same. Here comes the lottery, i suppose.

I haven't been asked anything yet.

So, Chris and KY, what do you two have to say about this? As we're pretty damn close to lynching you guys today.

(Voe confirmed at least a killer, and his claim seems to support that.)

If there were 2, we'd be sitting at 3/1/2

Last day it would have been 5/1/2.  Even if 3 townies died (lynch+2 nk), it's be still 2/1/2. Not a game over, ergo not a mylo. If i died instead, 3/0/2, still not a mylo.

I have a simple test.

Chaos, Alstar, Nodlied, let's hammer killing_you. 

##vote killing_you

Gosh, this is an one problematic case.

However, Even in situation of 5 town 1sk 2 scum MYLO could be in effect, if we take WORST possible scenarion. And that would be:

- Step 1 - Lynching town member - Check

- Step 2 - Confirmed first night kill on town - Check

- Step 3 - Confirmed second night kill on town - And this is it the point where it breaks, From 2 reasons: Scum & Voe taking shot at same person AND/OR Voe getting roleblocked.

Result if all 3 steps went through? 2:1:2

Instead of that we have 3:1:2 with Voe claiming SK. If ChopBam is really a cop, and his claims from D2 about Jeod being a confirmed town + reveal after Jeod's death seems to confirm that, then i'm willing to vote KY.

I had some more wild theories about Nodlied actually being MRJ and Chopbam being killing scum role. That would be pretty unusual. With both of you actually killing the same person and Nodlied claiming to roleblock people while he was just sitting ducks.

I fucked the game up. Responsibility is on me.

I had some more wild theories about Nodlied actually being MRJ and Chopbam being killing scum role. That would be pretty unusual. With both of you actually killing the same person and Nodlied claiming to roleblock people while he was just sitting ducks.

I was roleblocked. Gencam doesn't want to give me info on my night action, he says "no comment". Given Jeod claimed he received no message about being blocked, it is even more confirmed with me.

Oh for gods sake, alstar, are you going to vote or not? If there are really 3 scum in this game, they may as well come out and claim. We'll roll a 1d3 and determine whether it's the end, or not yet.

Also, for the sake of the superhero mafia of the old:

(yeah, i keep dreaming)

hes-drugged-dad.png

Ok, let me make it as clear as I can. 

1. Nodlied is a roleblocker. I can confirm it because he claims to have visited me, and just as Jeod, I've received no message what happened to me until I drilled out a "i received your action pm, but no comment" from GenCam.
  2. He may be either scum or town roleblock. If he is the scum roleblock the game is over. Why hasn't it ended yet, you may ask? Because up until i claimed, scum had no confirmation who is the SK. Granted, they blocked me and there was only 1 nightkill. However, I also claimed a vanilla town last day, meaning there was a possibility of roleblock blocking a vanilla townie, and single NK being the result of both SK and scum targeting the same man. This was still an unknown until I claimed.
  3. Scum has to kill the SK to win the game. Up until my claim, they still had a chance to miss-NK, even in a 2/1/3 situation.
  4. If, during the night, even with a scum roleblock, they targeted town (again) and blocked someone else but me, all whilst letting me remove one of theirs, we'd end up on day 4 with a 1/1/2 setting. Still not game over, still blocked lynch.
  5. Following night, if they missed the final time, and I hit them again, the game could still end in a 0/1/1 draw.

This is why it's not a GG just quite yet. The game would not have been decided even if Nodlied was the scum roleblock. There was still chance of scum not being able to hit the SK right until the end.

Following this, if Nodlied is the scum roleblock and since I have claimed, they've won and there is no reason of prolonging the game. We're at a voting impasse which can only be broken if we target a townie, me, or scum busses one of their own (which they won't). Following a no-lynch, scum would simultaneously roleblock and nightkill me, ending the game with a 2/0/3 ratio.

But, the game isn't over. Thus, I assume Nodlied is a town roleblock, just like he claims.

You just hang on for a second. Scum Roleblock cannot be used in same night if nightkill takes place. Then either nodlied is town or is outright lying about RB anyone in the game. Would it be the reason for which noone received messages and Geno refused to give you any info?

Roleblock -- You can target a single player to jam with your Mobile Radar Jammer and roleblock them for the night! This blocks all actions! This action cannot be performed with a nightkill.

god

effing

dammnit

If he is a scum RB, he didnt even need to visit anyone. Well fuck.

GAME OVER

##block Voe

As the the remaining Soviets attempt to find the Allies, you notice that three players are missing from the base. in your vain attempt to find them, they find you... driving a Ranger. Driven by Chaos_Knight, gun manned by Nodlied, and Killing_You in the passenger seat holding a Rifle, they begin a spray-down of the Soviets who have conveniently gathered into one place, and they fall...
  • pt_so_rifle.pngAlstar the Soviet Rifleman (Townie) has been riddled with bullets!
  • Spy.gifChopbam the Soviet NKVD Spy (Cop) has been riddled with bullets!
  • Gen1_Black_Lotus_Icons.pngVoe the Chinese Spy (Serial Killer) has been riddled with bullets!
As the dust settles, the victorious ALLIED players exit the Ranger. Killing You takes out his smokes, and gives one to each of his comrades. They laugh and cheer at the fact that they managed to down all the Soviets (and a Chinese Spy) with no casualties. Nodlied gets an order to deploy his MRJ as an outpost for future operations in the theater, and does so. The three however have earned a long leave for a great success. Each also has a medal awaiting at their home for their bravery and excellence. They each climb into Chaos_Knight's Ranger, and ride off to the west...
  • Rifle_Soldier.gifKilling You the Allied Rifle Infantry (Mafia Goom) is Victorious!
  • Ranger.gifChaos_Knight the Allied Ranger (Mafia Role Cop) is Victorious!
  • mrjicon.gifNodlied the Allied Mobile Radar Jammer (Mafia Roleblocker) is Victorious!

AWARDS

Wouldn't be an APB mafia without some awards, would it?

• The MEDAL OF VICTORIA goes to Nodlied, Killing You, and Chaos_Knight for a perfect victory!
  • The HONORARY ALLIED MEDAL goes to Voe for significantly helping out the Allies in their win!
  • The PURPLE HEART goes to FRAYDO, who successfully picked out one of the Scum, but was then lynched for their trouble!

ANALYSIS

• VERTi60 vastly underestimated his role. He did a decent attempt at providing information on D1 regardless, but the Allies did not fall for his bait. The intention of the Hider was as a weaker Cop who could town-confirm players, and was also immune to Nightkills. He did not need to hide however, and any action that affected the player he hid behind would affect him. This included Cop Checks. 
  • Killing You had a few slip ups in D1, and played very aggressively most of the game. But his "new" status allowed him to hide under the Radar of most of the Town, and he listened diligently to his Allies in the Doc. His role, while it doesn't have a power of its own, was actually the most useful of all the roles due to the fact that he could Night Kill without sacrificing a power ability. The rest of his team would have had to sacrifice a single action at night if they made the kill, unless there was only 1 allied player remaining.
  • Nodlied was absent for most of D2. He also made a massive slip up in assuming a Roleblock would give a message to the target, which could have been a scum cue. However, his decisive actions N2 and N3 decided this game.
  • Chaos_Knight played a risky move. However, it worked. He wasn't suspected of being scum until very late in the game. By then, it was all too late.
  • Chopbam made a mistake in not claiming Cop D2. This action could have saved the Soviets pointless arguing most of the day. While his fear was justified with the Doctor gone, it did help push the game into the Allies' favor.
  • Mojoman made a massive mistake soft claiming Doctor. He was an easy target for allies and SK.
  • Voe helped the Allies by getting rid of Mojoman. He also pushed for a Jeod lynch, which gave the Allies a successful scapegoat to use. Hence his awarding of the Honorary Allied Medal. His power of ignoring investigations did not get used much this game however.
  • FRAYDO was absent for most of D2, which proved to be his downfall at the precious last 4 hours. However, he did pinpoint the scum easily D2. He just needs to get better at presenting his arguments.
  • Jeod... I'm honestly not sure what he was doing. His actions D1 pretty much made him the ideal target as a scapegoat for Allies, and the #2 kill choice for Voe (after Mojoman).
  • Alstar was surprisingly contributive for a first-time player. I think he will be a good player for future mafia games. However, he was easily misled by the excellent Allies, which to be fair pretty much everyone was.
  • Category 5 posted an analysis D1 that was used throughout D2... even though it was wrong. He didn't contribute to this game much however.
And a bit of self analysis:

The game seemed pretty balanced for the most part, however in hind-sight I should have declared a Backup Cop and a Backup Doctor, so it wasn't so swingy for the Scum. Chaos_Knight was a last minute addition since I managed to completely forget him in the running, but his addition ended up being a positive thing (though I probably should have given him a different role, his Role Cop didn't end up doing much since his first target was killed N1). For future games:

• Investigation Immunity will be removed entirely. The Serial Killer's option for Investigation Immunity will be replaced by an option for an Ascetic Modifier, and the Godfather will be removed. To replace this, the Grenadier will be reworked into a Miller with a 1-shot Day Vig ability.
  • An additional power role will likely be given to Town in future games like this.
  • I'll avoid posting more possibly meta post, and just outright edit the initial post if needed. And hope you all find it of course. This way there isn't a timestamp you can conveniently use for your arguments.
  • During draws involving Serial Killers, a Lynch may be replaced with a Duel ability, which will have RNG involved in case of tie votes. This way we don't have an inevitable ending like we did D3.
Overall, I think this game was successful, and I hope to see you all in VERTi60's next game. Whenever that would be.

FINAL DEATH POOL

• pt_so_technician.pngVERTi60 (Hider) 
  • pt_so_rifle.pngCategory 5 Hurricane (Townie)
  • Supply_Truck.gifMojoman (Doctor)
  • pt_so_rifle.pngFRAYDO (Townie)
  • pt_so_rifle.pngJeod (Townie)
  • pt_so_rifle.pngAlstar (Townie)
  • Spy.gifChopbam (Cop)
  • Gen1_Black_Lotus_Icons.pngVoe(Serial Killer)

Document Links

Allied Document

Serial Killer Document

Dead Document

You just hang on for a second. Scum Roleblock cannot be used in same night if nightkill takes place. Then either nodlied is town or is outright lying about RB anyone in the game. Would it be the reason for which noone received messages and Geno refused to give you any info?

Camo, how right i was about this thing?

Role blocks never give messages to their target. Honestly I shouldn't have given messages confirming kills at all, that was my personal screw up.

As for your first part: The Roleblocker can indeed not kill and block the same night (in this game). But the roleblocker has friends who can do it. If KY was killed, then yes the Allies would have needed to choose either the Roleblock or the Rolecop. Hence why KY was actually quite powerful.

Edited by GeneralCamo

Eh, well played.

I'm angry at ChopBam and Jeod, the only two active players of the game, for holding hands. Their inability to express any suspicion towards one another, no matter the ridicule, made them a perfect target.

I have mixed feeling about the scum. I think it's a little distasteful to sit the whole game afk, but it was the best choice of action in a situation where 2 of the 4 town are playing bromance since the beginning of day 1. 

In a game of strangers, don't trust the buttbuddies.

And man, deleting Mojoman Day 1 foreshadowed such a great game :p

Also, my last 2 cents: 7/1/3 player ratio with scum having a roleblock and a watcher, while town had just 1 cop, is insanely imbalanced. Town had 0 chance of winning this game. You cannot use the SK as a balance factor for an overgrown scum. SK is not town.

Eh, well played.

I'm angry at ChopBam and Jeod, the only two active players of the game, for holding hands. Their inability to express any suspicion towards one another, no matter the ridicule, made them a perfect target.

I have mixed feeling about the scum. I think it's a little distasteful to sit the whole game afk, but it was the best choice of action in a situation where 2 of the 4 town are playing bromance since the beginning of day 1.

In a game of strangers, don't trust the buttbuddies.

And man, deleting Mojoman Day 1 foreshadowed such a great game :p

Also, my last 2 cents: 7/1/3 player ratio with scum having a roleblock and a watcher, while town had just 1 cop, is insanely imbalanced. Town had 0 chance of winning this game.

Sorry we townread each other so hard.

I already have the role list finalized for another Back to Basics. It includes a few new roles, some more secret roles, and maybe even a new feature or two. We will see. For now though, I would like Vert to host his game. I think it will be quite interesting.

This game I screwed up by not including any backup roles. I certainly didn't expect Mojoman to just be shot right then and there. That ultimately killed any sort of balance this game had.

Edited by GeneralCamo

A lights to flag town loss. I agree with Voe, this game was too far scum sided. I'm not sure why we keep doing so many scum. 25% + 1 is too much. This game actually went further than that and went 25% + 1 + 1. A massive 36% percent of players were anti-town on the start. Because Voe wound up helping scum 100% of the time, the game was within a chance of ending after N2 if Voe was allowed to kill a different townie than scum did. That is way too fast. With 20% of 11 being 2.2, Allied team should have been 2 players, with maybe one TP.