[WIP] General Guidelines for W3D Forum Game Moderators

VERTi60

8 hours ago, Retaliation said:

If no one objects, I think I'll try my hand at a Halloween CYOR mafia to start sometime early-mid October.

Since they usually last about 2 weeks in real time, I think October 11 would be a fine start date!

5 hours ago, Jeod said:

Oh speaking of this thread, I think it's been WIP for long enough. @VERTi60, perhaps it's time to fill in the blanks and take away some unneeded things like the master game list--nobody updates those anymore.

I removed the unused stuff and edited next queued mafia game (at least this should be edited by the GM/mod).

As for missing things you can go ahead to add your stuff, including tools, I will probably add some too if I get time, but over the past year there was not really need or nobody asked for it.

2 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

I removed the unused stuff and edited next queued mafia game (at least this should be edited by the GM/mod).

As for missing things you can go ahead to add your stuff, including tools, I will probably add some too if I get time, but over the past year there was not really need or nobody asked for it.

I can't edit the OP and I don't know if FGM roles like @Retaliation can.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Depends on how lightweight. I'm busy on the actual holidays but would be relatively responsive on normal days in between.  Might have some extra time too depending on how fast the bug gets fixed that bricks Poke Go on Android 6 or else we might not be going on family adventures as much either.

49 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Depends on how lightweight. I'm busy on the actual holidays but would be relatively responsive on normal days in between.  Might have some extra time too depending on how fast the bug gets fixed that bricks Poke Go on Android 6 or else we might not be going on family adventures as much either.

Lightweight in the sense that there'd be few action shenanigans going on. No Death Note, crazy bussing abilities, etc. Just a core twist to mafia that I'm not sure how it will play out; but I think it could be heavier on the post analysis and investigation. Outside of that mechanics twist just very basic and/or vanilla roles.

2 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Lightweight in the sense that there'd be few action shenanigans going on. No Death Note, crazy bussing abilities, etc. Just a core twist to mafia that I'm not sure how it will play out; but I think it could be heavier on the post analysis and investigation. Outside of that mechanics twist just very basic and/or vanilla roles.

Dewit.

22B11D7B-63D3-4B1A-B029-FA3E59502A2F.thumb.jpeg.7a35e21b6d2d911a9e73bde2c75c83d5.jpeg

On 12/10/2019 at 2:27 PM, Jeod said:

@VERTi60 Where's that Star Wars Mafia II? :v

Due to family reasons I'm gonna host it next year, probably February or end of Jan, depending when current game ends or when I'll get time and when we get other players to play as well.

Happy Holidays!

81180310_2662695793752768_57911304063759

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I never played them or saw the original thread, but what were the deadspace rpgs like? Verti had links to the docs and stuff, but what was it like to play? Was it typical mafia stuff, or sort of like a DnD adventure?

Reason I'm asking is I'm thinking about making a small DnD style rpg forum game, but I don't want it to be overly similar to the deadspace games.

But to give a serious answer, yeah, they weren't very much like mafia games at all, even though some mafia elements were involved. DnD would be a good way to describe it, but I think I would call them Escape the Room Labyrinth games that had unavoidable random encounters from NPCs that were likely to kill you, other players that were likely to kill you, items that were likely to kill you, traps that were likely to kill you, and limited resources...which would kill you if you ran out of them.