APB 3.0.7.4 Changelog

Edit2: FYI there is actually already a vehicle hidden somewhere in Siege,

And you know just as well as I do that it's useless for what we're talking about and shouldn't count :v

I actually made it get to a different location once.  :v

But yes, it doesn't really impact the transport vehicle matter.

Edited by Raap

I approve of MBT's no longer being able to transport passengers, for the simple reason that it should, in theory, result in more non-tank vehicle usage (Ranger, APC, etc.) and thus more variety of vehicles being used. It's annoying when a team spams tanks and nothing else.

Edited by Ice

And maybe increasing the armor of the supply trucks a tad could be a thing to think about as it encourages people to buy st's. But early st rushes... meh...

still... good job with the troubleshooting. I had trouble with that.

Edited by NoSoldier

Armor.ini is a very fragile creature. The destroyer's warhead somehow became invalid just by adding a tabbed comment on it (which is there to help out modders) even though every other warhead is perfectly capable of working with a tabbed comment attached.

Nevermind I'm an idiot, thanks Saberhawk

Just put up a hotfix on the launcher (not really worth its own thread):

• Destroyer/Missile Sub warhead works properly now.

RA_CanyonRiver:

• Fixed rainbow trees.

RA_Siege:

• Destroyed scaffold bridges should now properly reach their final death state.
  • Destroyed scaffold bridges no longer set off an invisible nuke; mine-clearing event now only hits mines and has a much smaller radius.

RA_Siege:

• Destroyed scaffold bridges should now properly reach their final death state.
  • Destroyed scaffold bridges no longer set off an invisible nuke; mine-clearing event now only hits mines and has a much smaller radius.

This should fix some of the performance complaints on Siege as well, since the net result of the damage state not transitioning properly, was a minor 300 or so draw calls bonus, along with persistent particle effects.

For what it's worth, this issue never existed in my own local tests. We'll have to dump the cause on the pile of mysteries that can seemingly occur when files change hands.

Edited by Raap

For what it's worth, this issue never existed in my own local tests. We'll have to dump the cause on the pile of mysteries that can seemingly occur when files change hands.

Actually it's not related to different development environments at all. Check your PMs, I don't think anyone else here wants to gaze into the abyss that is the bridge code :p

We discussed it yes, but it doesn't change the fact that something changed somewhere past the point of when I tested the mechanic, to which I can confidently state that the cause was displacement magic.

Ya gettin'?

Edited by Raap

Oh you mean the mine-clearing. In that case, here's the magic.

Also since I guess your cannon ammo/explosion presets are temps, you'll have to check their warheads too because the armor.ini got reorganised recently.

Once again armor.ini is the bane of our existence. Except the change back then was intentional and I gave you a fair warning about it  :shobon:

I noticed why it happens, the IRC server loves to disconnect everyone or individuals sometimes, and when it drops the server bot out, it wont show up on the launcher anymore.

This happens even while the bot is there though. I have to stop it and start it again to get the server to show up.

I noticed why it happens, the IRC server loves to disconnect everyone or individuals sometimes, and when it drops the server bot out, it wont show up on the launcher anymore.

This happens even while the bot is there though. I have to stop it and start it again to get the server to show up.

The bot rejoins automatically but it doesn't resolve the launcher communication.

OH BOY! Another update....... welp...... guess it gives me a reason to force me to stop playing World of Warships/ARMA/Battlefield, and come back to APB to ragequit once again.....
I cannot stay too long, as its not a good idea to leave Kongou Dess without use for long periods of time........

OD0SQYQ.jpg

I'm not sure what's more disturbing, the fact that W3D network code didn't push you into the water, or the audio modifications...

Anyhow, this is why naval transports don't carry vehicles (properly) in APB, it's a concept that the bases aren't balanced around.

Edited by Raap

I'm not sure what's more disturbing, the fact that W3D network code didn't push you into the water

I think they're not getting pushed into the water because it's flat terrain which means the worldboxes of the vehicles are also flat.

Since unflattening the water runs the risk of getting boats stuck due to their rigging, it looks like we may ultimately have to return to ye olde method of having fuck-you invisible walls in the water. Once the scripts team makes a collision group that collides with ground vehicles but not with naval/beaching/air units, that is.

Anyhow, this is why naval transports don't carry vehicles (properly) in APB, it's a concept that the bases aren't balanced around.

If I were to add vehicle-carrying LSTs (which we currently lack coding/scripting for anyway) the vehicles would have to be unable to function while being carried. Tesla Tank LSTs would be far superior to both types of submarine, MGGs being able to impact naval combat would enforce use of TTLSTs even further since TTs are now the de facto counter to MGGs, and MRJs being able to function on water while outside of V2 range, even deploying and continuing to float around once the LST leaves... yeah...

And even then Under would need some work as that one is definitely not balanced around it. Many of the beaches are meant to be outright inaccessible to vehicles to prevent B2B artillery abuse while conveniently also providing more mine-free places for Allied infantry to land.

Keep in mind that it already took us over 5 minutes to get there. If it would have been a bigger group of players this wouldn't have been possible. In my opinion it's neglectable as it's only doable on this map. It's actually pretty simple to fix.

Also, I still just love ktrs's reaction.

Edit: PM'd you about that.

Edited by NoSoldier