APB 3.0.7.4 Changelog

Could a blocker be placed parallel with the water surface above the entire water area, placed so that LSTs and all other naval units can pass under it, but low enough that nothing could ride on top? I guess you would still have the issue of it affecting aircraft as well though right?

And even then Under would need some work as that one is definitely not balanced around it. Many of the beaches are meant to be outright inaccessible to vehicles to prevent B2B artillery abuse while conveniently also providing more mine-free places for Allied infantry to land.

If, theoretically, we added LSTs carrying vehicles as an official feature, some good ol' tank traps could solve this. Indestructible ones, of course.

I think it's funny that the Naval transport had to move at a snails pace. I was surprised the match wasn't over by the time they reached the soviet base. (It would have been funny if one RPG was on the middle island. That arty would've been sunk.)

Edited by Raptor29aa

Could a blocker be placed parallel with the water surface above the entire water area, placed so that LSTs and all other naval units can pass under it, but low enough that nothing could ride on top? I guess you would still have the issue of it affecting aircraft as well though right?

There'd still be that issue. Also destroyers and gunboats are much taller than LSTs so in order for them to not hit these walls there would have to be enough clearance that LSTs would still be able to lift low-profile vehicles like artillery around anyway.

Another thing I could try - not sure how well it'd work - is giving naval units' worldboxes a damaging material that hurts ground vehicles. So if a ground vehicle's wheels touch the LST, the vehicle dies instantly. Kind of like how the water surface works against aircraft. Would have to make sure this doesn't affect units that try to ram LSTs though.

If this doesn't work I'll probably just leave the "feature" as it is as the methods involving blockers are too constricting and the cheese is too time-consuming to be very useful.

Another thing I could try - not sure how well it'd work - is giving naval units' worldboxes a damaging material that hurts ground vehicles. So if a ground vehicle's wheels touch the LST, the vehicle dies instantly. Kind of like how the water surface works against aircraft. Would have to make sure this doesn't affect units that try to ram LSTs though.

If this doesn't work I'll probably just leave the "feature" as it is as the methods involving blockers are too constricting and the cheese is too time-consuming to be very useful.

Sounds like you will risk opening a major can of worms for such a relatively minor and marginally useful ability (vehicle stacking).

If it becomes a real problem, then add an invisible cone mesh with vehicle collisions above the naval transport - not part of the worldbox. Even the slightest bit of uneven surface will eliminate this tactic since you wouldn't be able to control the vehicle.

Edited by Raap