[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

As I said, I can run it even with 8-10 players but I have to re-balance it (hence I said the detailed rules will be available once I know the exact player count), but at the expense of ditching some characters, cutting from the story and reducing the game play time.

Is it possible to extend the game and story by giving certain roles to players after they've been killed? Kind of like how kamuixmod Jeego became Tengo in Ghost Trick Mafia after his death. Any two roles a player gets would have to be so different that they can't use info they received on the first death to assist their second role. The initial mechanic worked because Jeego and Tengo were both scum roles.

Two cents.

Edit: An example of this would be that L becomes Near after the player initially dies. Maybe the player returns as Near after a day and night cycle has passed. Also, Raye Pember could become Naomi since Naomi didn't get involved until Raye's death in the first place.

I had that thought even with full game characters (you might know what I'm talking about as there were successors in Death Note series too :p).

But it's too confusing and gamebreaking giving all players multiple roles as then their new character acts on behalf of the old one too. It only works for some roles but not for all and I can't give it to only few players. Most of the roles here are unique and have their proper background which is revealed continuously. Once again I want to note that players in this game don't focus on killing (and hence dying) but rather solving the mystery together. Hence there are no lynches nor mafia nor killable battle actions or even RNG for that matter.

In my Dead Space Mafia RPG series it was easy giving dead players new roles since the Necromorphs (aka space zombies) were just killing machines, not really role playing or having specialized goals but rather specializing in abilities and battle actions.

Well, I guess you can sign me up for either. Don't have as much time as I had back in October, but is should do. Don't care about my role for an APB mafia, but dibs on Greece, Germoney or Luxembourg if we're going to play deptnote.

32 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Mike we can always play a countryball mafia too :p

I know you, voe and pluk would love it!

I was actually joking for the fun of it. :v But it's something I wanted to do at a later stage (should I ever find the time).

19 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Yes, but not very active though.

Pluk is very much aware as to what is going on with these games. :v He just doesn't log in all that often.

Thas fair I guess.

Know nothing about death note though and not sure if I want to participate in another forum mafia (although verti said this isnt your regular mafia gaim).

I sometimes roam the mafias at my own leisure to see what kind of silly arguments voe is making to save himself from being lynched (again) and laughing when he eventually gets lynched by the person he trusted the most. But thats about it.

14 minutes ago, Pluk said:

I sometimes roam the mafias at my own leisure to see what kind of silly arguments voe is making to save himself from being lynched (again) and laughing when he eventually gets lynched by the person he trusted the most. But thats about it.

8 minutes ago, Jeod said:

86975723fb6080f2ad22121b67bfad89.png

Always entertaining.

maxresdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, Pluk said:

Thas fair I guess.

Know nothing about death note though and not sure if I want to participate in another forum mafia (although verti said this isnt your regular mafia gaim).

Oh did you enjoy the Staplerfahrer mafia then? :D

Also are you in?

16 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Oh did you enjoy the Staplerfahrer mafia then? :D

Also are you in?

The staplerfahrer was pretty great xD

And on the topic if I'm in: Nah, something with doing stuff on my own leisure.
But if you do find some more people and are one person short, one could try convincing me again.