[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

Sooo, only 4-5 peps mentioned they would play APB Mafia again, which is not worth starting on forums (maybe a quick chatgame instead).

I guess it's better to run this with 8 players then. I've thought I'll remove two main characters and make them appear only by flavor as game mechanics and the other two will probably be killed when the game starts to push the story and investigations. Also finding Kira could become harder by introducing some extra twists. Everyone agrees with this?

Sounds good to me. Quick note for all: I'll be busy with my fiancee on the 24th-26th. Having a little weekend vacation with her and a bridal shower on the 25th. I don't expect to be able to participate much, but I'll attempt to read and post where I can. Just don't expect too many Cat5-style posts.

Since I'll probably start the game on Saturday my time (10 PM GMT), I'll still count Friday but really don't expect many sign ups since we didn't have one in almost two weeks :p

It's also better to have more roles as I said before so I don't have to cut down that many characters.

Yea I came from work so I'm starting to set things up but since I'm also doing some vids and graphic it may take a while. I also need to write up some additional rules and prequel plot which will be up soon.

When I'll post the prequel post and additional rules the sign up phase is definitely over and i'll start working on assigning characters.

u8D5V0X.png Prequel - Confrontation between L and Light:

"The human whose name is written in this note shall die."

Attention, if you haven't seen or read the Death Note series, you should know that this is now time that I'll post spoilers. It is necessary as some useful facts are required first to start with the investigation. If you are participating in the game, these facts are useful to understand what's going on. You can still go on watching the series although as I have said in the OP, the plot here will be a bit different, in fact, I let you, the players, to play it out. However, to stay a bit consistent with the manga and anime series, we'll have the two main characters, L and Light, introduced. These are the two main characters that will drive the story and our game ends if one of them dies. Because of this (and also because we are short of exactly two players too), these two characters are not playable, but they will still appear in game as either a game mechanic and also as the plot develops. Please watch the following videos and learn about L and Light below:

il60jb0.jpg?2

Light Yagami (Yagami Raito) is the main protagonist of the Death Note series. After discovering the Death Note, he decides to use it to rid the world of criminals. His killings are eventually labelled by people of Japan as the work of "Kira."

Light is a young man, standing at above average height with light brown hair and brown eyes. He tends to dress very neatly and formally, often seen wearing his school uniform or a suit. He is considered to be quite handsome, a trait noted by Misa Amane and Kiyomi Takada, among others.

Light is characterized as hardworking, talented, and a natural genius. Light would constantly predict all of the possible scenarios that could happen and plan a solution in advance, even in the most impromptu situations. His faults include his cynical outlook on life, overconfidence in himself, and belief that he is never wrong.

He is frustrated by the lack of justice in the world. Believing the world to be "rotten," he uses his Death Note as a means by which he can enact his will to rid the world of evil people. Light's main goal is to create a new world that is free of injustice and populated only with honest and kind people, thus becoming the "God of the new world". Light is decisive and driven to achieve his ambitions, without faltering one bit in his beliefs. Despite staining his hands with the blood of the people that he's killed, this extreme action can be said as a result of his unmoving resolve.

Through use of the Death Note, Light quickly begins to develop a cold, ruthless, and malevolent nature. He becomes completely devoid of love, compassion, and mercy. He views himself as the only rightful savior of mankind and that all his actions are justified, no matter how inhuman they might be. He is shown to even be willing to sacrifice his own family, if pushed to that point. The fact that he is intelligent also adds to his notion that only he is fit to judge humanity and steer it on a proper moral course.

v0Ox6yc.png

Although Light is pretty confident about his actions, he's still pretty cautious and paranoid. Therefore, he tries to hide the Death Note from others in case he's caught, and through Ryuk, the Shinigami who gave him the Death Note, and others who come in touch with it, he creates a master plan to push his ideals no matter what will happen. There is new Kira on the loose.

Light will win if his plan goes through and Kira kills everyone who stands in his way. Light will lose if his plan is uncovered, Kira is captured and Death Note secured by the investigation team.

6KCvIzL.jpg

L (Eru) is a world-renowned detective who takes on the challenge of catching the serial killer known only as Kira. L is a very slim, tall young man with messy black hair and dark eyes. One of his most noticeable features is the shadow below each of his eyes, a result of him being an insomniac. 

L is quite secretive, and only communicates with the world through his assistant, Watari. He never shows his face to the world in person, instead representing himself with a capital letter L drawn in "Old English MT" or "Cloister Black" typeface. It is more likely to be "Cloister Black" as Watari's "W" is different in "Old English MT."

L is very intelligent, though his disheveled and languid appearance masks his great powers of deduction and many question his abilities upon viewing him. L tends to second-guess everything he is presented with, and is extremely meticulous and analytical. He is good at deceiving his opponents, and is willing to take drastic measures to solve a case. Some of his tactics are quite bold, such as having death row inmate Lind L. Tailor pose as himself on live TV in order to draw out Kira, while others seem bizarre to those involved, such as handcuffing himself to suspected-Kira, Light Yagami. He is also shown to have a dry sense of humor, and he isn't above making sarcastic remarks to people. Although he tends to be polite, to some (such as Task Force member Shuichi Aizawa), L can seem condescending at times. 

Using subterfuge, misinformation, disinformation, and an analytical knowledge of human nature to help lure a suspected murderer into a false sense of security and possibly make him carelessly over-confident, L sometimes gets what he wants through abnormal or possibly criminal channels. Whenever L gives percentages to indicate how much he suspects a person of committing a crime, such as "five percent," he may in fact be over ninety percent convinced of their culpability.

Ya6f9XW.png

L is determined to catch Kira by any means (and costs) necessary. He's willing to sacrifice the task force he created and puts his own life at risk as well.

L will win if the task team captures Kira and secures the Death Note. L will lose if all the members of the investigation team are murdered, or if there's no other way to secure the Death Note and Kira is still not captured.

u8D5V0X.png Special Game Mechanics

There will be few game mechanics I am implementing now to the game. I'll explain them here in more detail, but you will be reminded through day and night actions as well. The goal of the game is to capture the Kira, aka the person who's actively using the Notebook to kill others, and uncover the mystery of the plot Light set before you.

This will play out in 3 phases: Investigation, where players will discuss the case and clues with other characters; Voting, where each member of the investigation team casts a vote on who they suspect is Kira (##VOTE Playername), and finally, casting suspicion to other players outside of voting to profile each player throughout the game. This costs proposal points (which you have limited amount each phase) and increases and/or decreases a person's Suspicion (red) or Trust Level (blue). The exact command to use this is ##PROPOSE SUSPICION/TRUST Playername [amount]. People with checks are more likely to be voted out as Kira in case voting will end in a tie. A high trust level makes a person gain more proposal points next day than others, and it will also gain more benefits during night, e.g. access to more actions. A Player's activity will also be monitored, and if some players are inactive for more than a day, they will get a deadline time left to post. If they won't make it, they will lose some trust points and gain suspicion points. Proposal points, suspicion and trust levels along with dead lines, status and role flip will be reflected in Cumulative Vote Count which will be updated throughout the day:

A4XQL2j.png

(Example CvC)

Each character in game will either have at least one special skill they can use during the night, and an item or ability that they can use during the day. Players will an option to interact with other players during the night if they have the option, using google docs (this will become available during first night). This can create plots behind the game and extend alliances and trust between players. Person who will interact with Death Note will have other options, as well as the ability to nightkill. To make a nightkill, the person needs to know the true identity of the player first.

Player that is chosen to be investigated will have his identity revealed, and held in a cell during the night, effectively blocking all the night actions and also confiscating all the items he/she had, including the Death Note. The Death Note is investigated and if the player is caught using it (doesn't matter when during the game), this player is eliminated as Kira. In case there is no other Kira the game will end, otherwise the game continues. If the person didn't used the Death Note he/she is released next day, but his Proposal points will be depleted until he/she will gain trust from somebody again.

qeFcD0h.png

I'm still building a lot of assets for the game, so the game will probably start when it's ready. Expect a PM soon for your character. If you have questions about your role please PM me instead.

I posted an example CVC which explains how game will be tracked. Also I'm moving the start of the game to Sat 22 PM GMT/UTC since it's getting late and I need to help my sister with moving some stuff tomorrow :v

If you have any further questions feel free to ask, as for characters, I'll start sending them when I've written plot for them all so that all have the same chance of reading it.

u8D5V0X.png Day 1 - The dawn of Justice

L finally shows himself to the members of NPA (National Police Agency) and forms the Japanese Task Force, tasked to solve the Kira case, after the initial FBI Investigation failed. The Task Force was also able to deduce that Kira is one of the ten people investigated by the FBI during certain time period when it seems that Kira got aware of the situation being investigated. 

We narrowed the number of Kira suspects to ten, including members of the Task Force as it seems there was leaked information regarding criminals:

1. Killing You
  2. Jeod
  3. Voe
  4. ChopBam
  5. Chaos_Knight
  6. FRAYDO
  7. Mojoman
  8. Nodlied
  9. moonsense715
  10. OrangeP47

From what we know:

• Kira needs a Face and Name to kill.
  • Kira can manipulate his victims before they die.

u8D5V0X.png Day Rules:

The goal of the day is to catch the Kira with the Notebook. If that happens, the Death Note will be confiscated and possible culprit will be held in custody for the whole night, which will reveal more info about the character as well next day. Any other player will have just their identity revealed to everybody.

This will play out in 3 phases:

1. Investigation, where players will discuss the case and clues with other characters; Voting, where each member of the investigation team casts a vote on who they suspect is Kira. People will vote for one person they want to be investigated and the person with the most votes will be revealed at the end of the day. Your vote should be in this format:

##Vote PlayerName

If you decide to change your vote, you must first ##unvote (player name not required but is helpful) or you can simply vote another player if you already know who.

In case of a tie between more players, the investigation will be passed on the either the person with biggest suspicion level. If there is still a tie, the first voted player will be chosen (meaning that extra votes to cause a tie will not help in the end).

Hammers will also not end current Day. Meaning that if one person gets 50% of the votes, it won't trigger the end of the day. A proper detective reserves a time for proper investigation. No shortcuts for the Kira(s) as well to end the day sooner. However, the hammered person will still be investigated and extra votes will no longer count.

2. Casting suspicion to other players outside of voting to profile each player throughout the game. This costs Proposal Points (which you have limited amount each phase) and increases and/or decreases a person's Suspicion (red) or Trust Level (blue). People with checks are more likely to be voted out as Kira in case voting will end in a tie. A high trust level makes a person gain more proposal points next day than others, and it will also gain more benefits during night, e.g. access to more actions. A Player's activity will also be monitored, and if some players are inactive for more than a day, they will get a deadline time left to post. If they won't make it, they will lose some trust points and gain suspicion points. Proposal points, suspicion and trust levels along with dead lines, status and role flip will be reflected in Cumulative Vote Count which will be updated throughout the day.

Use the following command to Propose increasing someone's suspicion or trust.

##PROPOSE SUSPICION/TRUST Playername [amount]

You can do this whenever you want to whoever you like as long you still have Propose Points. The exact amount of points is not limited, but it might change for balance reason.

3. Custom Day Actions. Your characters may have an item which also has extra day actions. Look them up in your Character Role Info PM.

All Day actions need to be acknowledged by the mod before they are counted, either by updating the CVC or with a text line. Current Vote Counts (or CVC) will appear periodically to inform you about the time remaining as well as the current vote status). 

Day 1 time was reduced to 44 hours instead of 48 to balance time.

u8D5V0X.png  CVC:

Z19z9Lv.png