help i got internel error

TanJinWei57

Or go to wherever your Documents folder is, then Documents\W3D Hub\games\apb-release\debug. There should be a file named crashdump<numbers>.dmp, or multiple if you've had multiple "Renegade has encountered an internal error" issues. Zip the latest one and upload it so our scripts department can see what's up.

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to reading crash dumps, but at first glance it looks like the crashes are caused by a corrupt visual c++ runtime. You could try the following while waiting for a more "official" response:

-Reinstall the game

or

-Reinstall the VC 2012 Runtime: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

More advanced IT guys, correct me if wrong please.

According to saberhawk, you have "an unknown vcruntime140.dll and various DLLs from Windows 7 RTM, 7 SP1, 8 RTM, 8.1 RTM, 10 Technical Preview 14393, 10 Threshold 2." Have you made modifications to your OS that you can reverse?

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to reading crash dumps, but at first glance it looks like the crashes are caused by a corrupt visual c++ runtime. You could try the following while waiting for a more "official" response:

-Reinstall the game

or

-Reinstall the VC 2012 Runtime: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

More advanced IT guys, correct me if wrong please.

Try one of these first.

What ChopBam is asking for is some background info on your computer. Since we found data from six different operating system versions, we want more info to give you a proper answer. I'm going to guess that you bought your computer when it was running Windows 7, and then you updated it with Service Pack 1. Then, you upgraded to Windows 8 and then Windows 8.1, respectively. After that, you upgraded to a Windows 10 preview build and finally to Windows 10 completely. In other words, you have never done a "clean install" of any of these operating systems.

Is that correct?

Forget the Visual C++ runtime, my analysis of the crashdumps suggests it looks fine.

The best thing to try is to go to the launcher, click the little icon above where it says "release" and then click the "repair" button. That will make sure your installation is correct with no corrupt or missing files.

Hey, hang on there bud. No need to spam.

We are trying to help you, but this is not an exact process because everyone's PC is different. Sometimes it takes a little while to figure out the problem. And you've even gotten the attention of jonwil and some of his help in this. In case you didn't know, he wrote a large percentage of the code thats sending the error that you're seeing, so I would say that out of all of us, he is probably the best one that could be helping you figure this out. :)

However, I will also make an attempt at helping:

If the repair option does not work, then I suggest using the launcher to uninstall the offending game, via the same little menu where the repair option is located. Once you've done that, delete everything in "C:\ProgramData\W3D Hub\Launcher\package-cache\games\apb\" as well as "C:\ProgramData\W3D Hub\Launcher\package-cache\dependencies\". C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder so you will need to type it into the address bar in your explorer window, or otherwise enable hidden file viewing. Next, go back to your add/remove programs section of the control panel and remove the MS Visual C++ runtime versions 2012, 2013, and 2015. Once you have deleted the files, run the launcher as administrator and re-install the game.

The above steps are an attempt to "reset" some things. It may or may not work, but there is no harm in trying. Let us know what happens, but do it in one reply next time ;)

TT re-examined your set of DLL files and determined that's not what is causing the game not to work.

The crashdump indicated a certain missing file (font6x8.dds). It has since been fixed so that the game will no longer crash if this file is missing. The next patch should include a scripts update which will include this fix. In the meantime, clean out your crashdump folder. If the game crashes again after the patch, upload the crashdump here again and the team will look at what's wrong.

35 minutes ago, saberhawk said:

No, because it's packed into always.dat. Why would any other file packed into alway.dat be fine?

Used to be how we'd add mods like skins and sounds into the game. Whatever was in always.dat would be overridden by whatever was in the data folder. Does it not work like that anymore?

50 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Used to be how we'd add mods like skins and sounds into the game. Whatever was in always.dat would be overridden by whatever was in the data folder. Does it not work like that anymore?

What saberhawk is saying is that since the font file seems to not be read from always, there will probably be issues with other files in always too.

• 9 months later...

Unfortunately, due to the departure of Saberhawk (who took all our infrastructure with him) we no longer have the necessary debug information to debug those crashdumps. We will at some point of course push a new game build with new scripts that we can actually debug but those particular crashdumps can never be properly debugged due to the loss of the debug information required.

4 hours ago, TanJinWei57 said:

What problem?

You have a 0xC0000005 exception code. This is usually permission based. Are you running the game as an administrator? (You'll want to check if game.exe runs as admin, not the launcher) If you've done that already, try opening command prompt as admin and type in "sfc /scannow". Let it do its thing and try again. If the game still crashes, see if Avast is causing interference.

Edit: Oh, I didn't notice this was an old thread. Did you reinstall the game to fix the font problem? Cuz if not,hat's your problem. One of the game files is corrupted.

Edited by Jeod