Get rid of "instant repair" Golden Wrench?

Do eet?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. do eet?

• Yes
    • No

@pushwall what do you think about the wrench getting 5-10 ammo and having to charge up? (It stops jumping around while repairing?)

-side comment about Beta phase tank. The Beta phase tank was a threat because (A) infantry were slower with no sprint and couldn't catch up to the phase (hence when you lost your vehicle you had to walk)

(B) rogue/ lone V2 usage was normal. (In .9935 a v2 could tank snipe and kill light tanks, so the v2 as an assault unit idea wasn't dead yet) in fact I think it is still a viable tactic used today. As main push distracts; V2 takes out defenses elsewhere.

(C) Beta soviet tanks were somewhat slower speed wise. So the idea of catching a phantom that could move in-range unload and run, was unnerving.

(D) The end-game troll. Image you have no sprint, are slow, and can't see this "thing" on radar, but it is running over anyone not bunkered down in a building. I recall watching red blips on my radar vanishing one by one. I remember shooting randomly into the air trying to get a hit to reveal the thing. And I did 2seconds before squish.

Edited by Raptor29aa

17 minutes ago, Raptor29aa said:

(It stops jumping around while repairing?)

It doesn't because nothing stops you from jumping while charging. It's only discouraged with C4 charging because C4 has to be stuck on the MCT to work whereas golden wrench is an area effect weapon that instantly works if there is an MCT nearby. And changing it to work like the Beta wrench which did need to be direct-targeted onto a C4/flare/MCT would mean that any flares that get dropped inside props/pseudostructures like the Service Depot become impossible to disarm. Which was not an issue back then because the Service Depot/Ore Silo were "real" structures which granted them proper collision for flares, but being a "real" structure also means you can only have one of each at a time and they have to be destroyed for a base destruction victory.

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2017 at 10:26 AM, Raptor29aa said:

@pushwall what do you think about the wrench getting 5-10 ammo and having to charge up? (It stops jumping around while repairing?)

Even if it doesn't stop jumping around I still think this is better then how it currently works. Maybe make it have a reload timer between swings too, like 0.5 seconds or something?