Even when the servers are empty...

Who enjoys some bot V bot fun when things are dead?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy have battles of bots versus bots insanity when things are quiet?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Never tried it, but curious.
    • Never tried it and don't plan to.
    • Other (specify)

Man, even when the servers are empty, I can still have fun on RA_CamosCanyon_Bots ... 100 bots 100 vlimit. And a shoddy fps for nostalgia (poor old q9300). 

Hour or two at a time. It's great. All the years that have gone by, I have done similar things.

But anyways, does anyone else feel this way? Or does no one like just joining a horde of bots for a slugfest?

Edited by SirJustin90

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

It can indeed be fun :D

Yes, the console commands to change player limit, botcount, and vehicle limit on the fly make this easy to scale well too. :)

For even more fun (chaos) setting funds to 99999 and such causes high tier insanity. But 0 works best for balance it seems at these bot count levels.

I'd like to be able to add bots to more maps so people could mess with bots while idling on the empty server waiting for players, but they are in a very experimental stage right now. In particular their biggest problems are overzealousness when it comes to buying vehicles, kills against them counting on stats (meaning easy KD), and their turret rotations being completely bugged out when online. They're still fun though and I applaud @moonsense715 for his work on the new AI.

20 minutes ago, Pushwall said:

I'd like to be able to add bots to more maps so people could mess with bots while idling on the empty server waiting for players, but they are in a very experimental stage right now. In particular their biggest problems are overzealousness when it comes to buying vehicles, kills against them counting on stats (meaning easy KD), and their turret rotations being completely bugged out when online. They're still fun though and I applaud @moonsense715 for his work on the new AI.

The AI has always been an issue. Detection, getting stuck... and ease of abusing them if you like exploiting their weaknesses.

That being said, having them on choke points to the base as an early alert system in small numbers could be nice.

It's too bad we only have 1 bots map. As for scripts, how much more can we do with bots, since we are limited to only scripts? Or can anything be done engine wise about that?

21 hours ago, Pushwall said:

now. In particular their biggest problems are overzealousness when it comes to buying vehicles, kills against them counting on stats (meaning easy KD)

When your K/D goes from up from 1.5 to 2508.93 in a single match because all you did was play sniper the entire time.

Spoiler

In all earnest tho, it's a lot of fun :p 

1 hour ago, NoSpoons said:

When your K/D goes from up from 1.5 to 2508.93 in a single match because all you did was play sniper the entire time.

Yes, we'd need to remove the kills from them. However I don't see points being much harm, as you can simply shoot a building all day long. And do less help than killing off bot defenders.

Perhaps having bot vehicles instead of infantry, with no "crew" might be a middle ground for that problem?

On 4/21/2017 at 2:07 AM, Einstein said:

Well the new bot logic is meant to follow actual player logic more closely. I think bot kills should just simply be worth less points and maybe affect K/D by 1/4 as much or something. Just a thought.

Hmm, an interesting take on this. I suppose that is an alternate solution. If they aren't in huge numbers and easy to farm.