Aplogies for my absence...

As I've never been one to hide the truth (minus when I'm asked to keep things secret), I've been a bit absent as of late.

This is due to the passing of my uncle, which came as a surprise. The thing is, he asked his family not be told of his fate till he passed. So it was a shocking blow of sorts.

I've already talked to Nodlied about it, but figured why hide things, I've never been the sort.

Anyways, I see a funeral as a celebration of life, rather than a sorrow of death.

Thank you everyone for condolences, and may your family and friends be of good health. :)

P.S. On that note, if anyone cares to share, how do you feel of the passing of family and friends?

10 minutes ago, SirJustin90 said:

P.S. On that note, if anyone cares to share, how do you feel of the passing of family and friends?

Well personally, I've always had a slight issue displaying emotions, and even processing them internally. At most funerals, I have not cried until much later when I was alone. I don't believe this is anything to be ashamed of, I just think that everyone processes traumatic events at a different rate. My "negative energy" if you will, is similar to how a capacitor works (if you are familiar with electronic components). It charges up, charges up, keeps charging until it can't and then it releases all at once. With practice and a bit of therapy, I believe anyone can learn to live with this sort of thing. Its just important to be alone at some point so that nobody witnesses the initial break (in my case at least).

I do believe it is important though, as you said, to remember that a funeral in most cases should be a celebration of life instead of a mournful gathering.

Yeah I get where you are coming from Einstein. I used to be the same with "bottling up".

Now I simply let it out bit by bit, and then the final explosion tends to be a bit more of a fizzle than a bang.

We all have our ways of dealing with pain, and I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of. Never understood why we put such a stigma on pain and sexual things in general. (not that sexual things has anything to do with this, but it's something else that has a large stigma as well)