W3D Tournament of Shame (NEED INPUT)

W3D Tournament of Shame

Reward – 100$ to MVP of winning team, 50$ to MVP of team that lost.

Proposed Map Rotation – RA_Pipeline, RA_ RiverRaid, RA_Zama, RA_PacificThreat and RA_CamosCanyon.

Break of RA_Antlion between RiverRaid and Zama and break of RA_Wasteland between  PactificThreat & CamosCanyon.

Hey guys!

Given the success of the recent PUG’s and the community revival happening, I’m resurrecting my idea of a tournament with a small cash prize (Since CDN is a joke). Basically, it’ll be a 5 map rotation, consistent teams (obv), with the short 5 minute maps between sets of two (to cool down, go to the bathroom, fool around, what have you).

Now I’d like to have the game timers for the longer maps shortened to 20-25mins, so that the action is a bit more tense and has a sense of urgency.

The MVP who receives the cash prize could either be determined by points total (Which I personally don’t like, as saving a base structure can be more valuable than destroying 10 tanks, but not have the point equivalent), or be determined by vote from their own team OR both teams. I’m not sure which would be best, as having votes from both teams can show that the opposing team felt really awed by a certain player, but it comes to the same problem that the other team probably doesn’t know that engineer who saved 5 buildings in a row or that spy who tipped off about a major incoming attack :p.

Before I bring this forward to the staff to try and get it as an official event, I want to know what you guys think could be improved. For example, having dedicated breaks without the smaller maps, what would determine who the MVP for each team is, how would subbing in or dropping out work if an issue comes up?

Let me know your thoughts and I'll delete this thread and open a signup thread once I feel I've got a solid plan for how to execute the tourney.

(And if anyone wants to throw money into a pot, I think half the collected money could go to the MVP's and half to W3D Hub donation)

Edited by Mojoman