APB 3.1.0.0 Changelog

7 hours ago, Pushwall said:

Tanya.gif Tanya

• Jumping accuracy penalty down from 1.5 to 1.

Very Ralistic, I approve. You can clearly see she head-shoting the Soviets in the end there.  

Firing animation could be improved though to match more of what's in the video. :v

Edited by des1206

I believe TheBeerinator provided voice lines for Cold Fusion, Nuclear Winter, and Gamma. Hey Venom, am I right in guessing you're Venompawz?

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

All the voice commands were recorded by BattleLaf.

Now there's a name I'd forgotten. Was it both of them who recorded the voice lines or just BattleLaf and then some other bloke?

On 5/22/2017 at 11:18 AM, Jeod said:

I believe TheBeerinator provided voice lines for Cold Fusion, Nuclear Winter, and Gamma. Hey Venom, am I right in guessing you're Venompawz?

It was BattleLaf who did the voice commands for the game

Edited by Venom

There is a special place in my memory reserves for the voice recordings since, as you undoubtedly know, Laffo is my brother and I remember his doing all that. The EVA was recorded at different times, which is what led to some seriously inconsistent-sounding recordings.

17 minutes ago, Venom said:

(Yes I am Venompawz) It was BattleLaf who did the voice commands for the game

Putting all I've heard aside, it's nice to have a little more remnant of BHP back.

10 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

There is a special place in my memory reserves for the voice recordings since, as you undoubtedly know, Laffo is my brother and I remember his doing all that. The EVA was recorded at different times, which is what led to some seriously inconsistent-sounding recordings.

I don't remember if I haven't heard that before or if I've forgotten. What happened to him?

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

Putting all I've heard aside, it's nice to have a little more remnant of BHP back.

I don't remember if I haven't heard that before or if I've forgotten. What happened to him?

Last I saw him he was headed beyond Pluto.

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Oh oh, haha no he's fine. The joke was that he's always been in space and is just constantly moving further away from earth. Remember he started on the moon, then was on Mars, last year on Pluto. Now moving beyond. That's all I meant. His heart is still pumping and in fact I'm sure he'll be visiting the forums sometime soon because I messaged him.

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Oh oh, haha no he's fine. The joke was that he's always been in space and is just constantly moving further away from earth. Remember he started on the moon, then was on Mars, last year on Pluto. Now moving beyond. That's all I meant. His heart is still pumping and in fact I'm sure he'll be visiting the forums sometime soon because I messaged him.

Damn your vague replies! :argh:

21 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I heard he sailed across the sun, and made it to the Milky Way to see the lights all faded;
And that heaven is overrated :)

Edited by des1206

11 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

I object to the change of the grenadier (FIND SOME OTHER WAY to balance him) and FYI the full name of the RPG means hand-held anti tank grenade launcher.

Plus the grenadier had the unique role of being the only infantry that can prevent tech/engineers from camping a base defense. Soviets forming an attacking team? Bring a nader to prevent Allied tech/engin from hiding behind the turret/pillbox to repair (it was especially meaningful when engineer were 4 hit kills instead of the now 8 hit). I don't mind nerfing his damage vs. defenses, just don't nerf his range and splash radius. 

@Pushwall

Two more suggestions:

1. Nice horn for the APC, can the ranger get one too? It could help him get passengers.

2. It's nice that the thief is finally back on seamist, but the CY side coil is positioned too close / silo too to the front for the thief to get access at all from the rear. Can you fix this? On a low resource map (for Allies anyway), spending $1,700 (thief + LB) to risk a highly visible steal on map with Soviet minelayer should totally be allowed. 

Btw for all the comments aside, this was overall a good patch. I can see a lot of work has gone into it, thank you for putting everything together. 

Edited by des1206

oh um, just a sidenote.... the ranger goes absolutely ballistic when you reverse and turn at the same time.......

OH! I also figured out that the Hind in Red Alert, is actually a modified version of the Mi-24PN/Mi-35. Originally, the Mi-24PN didnt have a fully rotating chaingun turret in the nose, but a mountable weapon varying from a fixed dual 23mm cannon, to a chaingun fitted either in the nose, or on the right side of it. so technically, the way the Hind is rendered in Red Alert, the turret did not have a full 360 degree circle of fire around the aircraft, but instead a small 45-70 degree cone of fire in FRONT of the aircraft, (hence why it needs to face it's targets in RA1) or you know, I could be thinking too much about it.......

Edited by MPRA2

On 5/21/2017 at 8:55 PM, Pushwall said:

Another patch is being pushed. Hopefully this resolves at least the majority of the crashes; if not we will have to return to 3.0.8.9 for a while.

Scripts

• Fixed a typo in scripts which may have been responsible for various crashes.

Infantry

Grenadier.gif Grenadier

• F1 Grenade splash damage up from 40 to 45.
  • F1 Grenade direct damage up from 12.5 to 15.
  • RPG-7 arc halved.

pt_al_officer.pngpt_so_officer.png Officers 

• Magazine size/reload time reverted to what they were before.

pt_al_sergeant.pngpt_so_starshina.png Shotgunners

• Primary armour penetration down from 62.5% to 50%.
  • Primary burn effect up from 2.5 damage over 2 seconds to 2.5 over 1.
  • Remington slug damage to vehicles nerfed; is now identical to primary fire without the penalty against shields. (So damage down from 30 light/20 heavy/12 mammoth to 25 light/18.75 heavy/12.5 mammoth... not that it can really do anything to the last category anyway)
  • TOZ buckshot damage to infantry down from 100 to 80.

Rifle_Soldier.gifpt_so_rifle.png Rifle Soldiers

• Primary accuracy penalties up; 0.75 standing/jogging, 0.25 crouching, 0.5 crabwalking, 4 jumping. (Was 0.5 stand/jog, 0.2 crouch/crawl, 3 jumping).

Tanya.gif Tanya

• Jumping accuracy penalty down from 1.5 to 1.

Volkov.gif Volkov

• Fixed jumping accuracy penalty (was accidentally 2 when it should have been 1)

Vehicles

Hind.gif Hind

• Fixed damage buff to Mammoth-class vehicles (was only applying to their shields; now does more to health as well)

Good NOW UNDO the infantry roster change to the Soviets otherwise you may have just lost a rather enjoyable person from APB.

12 hours ago, Einstein said:

Demanding changes without cause will only get you resistance bud. Care to explain why Pushwall should just undo a significant portion of his hard work?

Because he just got rid of the uniqueness of the unit he gave several patches ago, not mention that the RPG is a type of rocket launcher so Pushwall just made a rocket trooper with frag grenades as a personal defense weapon which is NOT a grenadier as their purpose it to throw grenades during an assault which the current grenadier ISN'T.

Just now, TK-421 said:

Because he just got rid of the uniqueness of the unit he gave several patches ago, not mention that the RPG is a type of rocket launcher so Pushwall just made a rocket trooper with frag grenades as a personal defense weapon which is NOT a grenadier as their purpose it to throw grenades during an assault which the current grenadier ISN'T.

Alright then. Well try asking nicely in the form of a discussion question instead of threatening to leave if you don't get your way. We're adults here.

23 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Because he just got rid of the uniqueness of the unit he gave several patches ago,

It's a failed experiment. Deal with it.

23 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Pushwall just made a rocket trooper with frag grenades as a personal defense weapon which is NOT a grenadier as their purpose it to throw grenades during an assault which the current grenadier ISN'T.

How is this not the case? He still has hand grenades and can throw them during an assault. Having a rocket launcher doesn't invalidate this anymore than the previous grenadier having a pistol which was apparently okay.

16 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Good NOW UNDO the infantry roster change to the Soviets otherwise you may have just lost a rather enjoyable person from APB.

Can confirm, I really enjoy being on the receiving end of threats, demands and blackmail. Nothing like some of that to make my day.

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Alright then. Well try asking nicely in the form of a discussion question instead of threatening to leave if you don't get your way. We're adults here.

3 minutes ago, Pushwall said:

It's a failed experiment.

How is this not the case? He still has hand grenades and can throw them during an assault. Having a rocket launcher doesn't invalidate this anymore than the previous grenadier having a pistol which was apparently okay.

How is it a failed experiment?

All those are valid points but 

Grenadiers are not anti armor infantry as they're not trained to be which you just made it to be.

Anti tank infantry are not trained to be in the same role that the grenadier is trained in.

Though maybe I still will play but will not play the grenadier.

2 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Though maybe I still will play but will not play the grenadier.

Well I certainly hope nobody reports you for teamhampering :) Neither threats nor boycotting will budge my position on this.

5 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

How can that be team hampering when I may just use another unit that is capable of doing the job?

On Guard Duty/Canyon River/River Raid?

10 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

How is it a failed experiment?

I guess you missed the entire thread on how it's OP and the most feasible ways to fix it either involve new models for a grenade launcher (which we don't have) or things that just make the unit make even less sense (on top of the already ludicrous states of the old gren being a troop trained exclusively in the use of hand grenades and nothing else in the 1950's, and being able to throw them accurately at 150 metres.)

1 minute ago, Pushwall said:

On Guard Duty/Canyon River/River Raid?

I guess you missed the entire thread on how it's OP and the most feasible ways to fix it either involve new models (which we don't have) or things that just make the unit make even less sense (on top of the already ludicrous states of the old gren being a troop trained exclusively in the use of hand grenades and nothing else in the 1950's, and being able to throw them accurately at 150 metres.)

Someone else can be the grenadier and I can provide cover as best can that's not team hampering, If I could do so and knew how I would give some models, the grenadiers did have a side arm.