Manchester

Don't know if anyone here is from Manchester or has friends there, but here's at least one American paying attention to worldwide events today. At a concert of all places...

I was having a lot of fun and enjoying myself playing APB earlier, and when I took a break I opened up Facebook and saw the news. I was, still am, in complete shock. My thoughts are with all those who are affected by this.

If you like you can see video footage, link below, at the area and the moments this happen, but the actual blast isn't captured.

https://www.rt.com/viral/389312-manchester-arena-blast-videos/

Never really cared for Ariana Grande, but I know she's big in the music industry.... so far there are about 23 confirmed dead (I heard about 10 of them were under the age of 18), and over 50 are wounded..... So far they identified the believed assailant as 22 year old Salman Abedi... But since he hasn't been officially identified by the coroners, they have not come out with any more information... BUT NOW They have also arrested 23 year old man who has not been named as of yet, who was suspected in carrying out the attack... News is all over the place, so nobody really knows which is true....

On 5/23/2017 at 5:22 AM, Mojoman said:

Saw it a while ago yeah. Not sure what the motive is this time.

The motive is Jihad, as it has been for the last 20 years. 

Don't act so surprised >_>

anyone in the UK see any soldiers around?

With the Prime Minister authorising Operation Temperer to be deployed, there are about 5000 British Army soldiers patrolling the streets, much of them in Manchester and London, such as Westminster, Buckingham Palace, etc. I haven't seen any soldiers but in my city (Norwich) the armed police have been deployed, which is rare in of itself considering British police do NOT carry firearms by default, that is handled by a separate unit. Though that being said there's already controversy of soldiers being deployed because it's a throwback to The Troubles in Northern Ireland due to the army patrolling those streets and it... ended rather badly.

But yeah, the sad part is, the security services knew about the bloke and did nothing about it, according to the Home Secretary.

I mean of course ISIS takes responsibility of it, but I highly doubt that's the case.... They "Claim" responsibility for literally everything now. They are just trying to make themselves feared and look big, which they aren't..... This year is turning out to be almost as bad as last year..... Faith in humanity is plummeting my bois and grils.......

probably the greatest source to use, but....