[GAME OVER - TOWN WINS]Steins;Gate - Quantum Mafia

Steins;Gate

Linear Bounded Phenogram

Quantum Mafia

Welcome to a mafia that attempts to do what few would even dare.  Quantum uncertainty. Conditional probability. World Lines. Attractor Fields. Time Machines. The Butterfly Effect. Chaos incarnate.

Steins;Gate Mafia is, on the surface, a basic open-setup mafia game. 
There are a small amount of roles and they are published in advance for everyone to see. 

However, the first big twist is that the roles are not determined at the game start. Instead, they are in a state of quantum uncertainty, and are determined as the game is played.  

All players will have assigned chances of being a given role, including the chance of being Mafia (the Organization), chance of having "correct" Reading Steiner (town cop role), chance of being the Future Gadget Lab Leader (unconfirmed masonry leader), and the chance of being the Rounder (current active nightkill role, which transfers to another mafia member on death)

When the game starts, the chances that any player is a given role is identical to all other players.
There are a number of ways that possibilities are eliminated, and eventually all players will have only one role that is possible for them.

The second big twist is that there is a Time Machine, and this can be used to alter basically any event that has happened in the game, which will also effect everything that happened after that change.

Before game starts:
All players who sign up shall pick a character they would like to play as.
Players should submit multiple choices and rank them in preferred order. Players who submit their choices earlier will be given precedence over later entries.
The character's role in the source material has no impact on the role that player will eventually be. (For example, being Rintaro Okabe will not increase your chance at being the Future Gadget Lab Leader, nor will it reduce the chance of being Mafia-aligned)

WHA-Where's the character list? Where are the posts that happened after this? Has the World Line changed already?! Is the Organization trying to prevent this game from starting? Is this the choice of Steins;Gate? No, it can't be! Prepare for a counter-attack! These videos will have to do!

Confirmed Signups - 11

TheIrishman

OrangeP47

FRAYDO

Chaos_Knight

Nodlied

Jeod

Killing_You - need a replacement

Misa - need a replacement

Mojoman - replaced by Voe

kamuixmod

ChopBam

Bookmarks:

Day 1 Start - N0 Death Undetermined

Night 1 Start - Nodlied, Luka Urushibara, was Lynched as Vanilla Town

Day 2 Start - N1 Death Undetermined

Night 2 Start - Jeod, Yugo Tennouji, was Lynched as Future Gadget Lab Leader, Town - Time Machine activated, kamuixmod, Alexis Leskinen, was Lynched as Vanilla Town D1, Misa, Suzuha Amane, was Lynched as Rounder #2 D2

Day 3 Start - N2 Death Undetermined

DAY 1 HAS STARTED. SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED.

ALSO I'M AN IDIOT WHO DELETED A THREAD WHEN HE TRIED TO DELETE THREE POSTS. OOPS.

12 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

ALSO I'M AN IDIOT WHO DELETED A THREAD WHEN HE TRIED TO DELETE THREE POSTS. OOPS.

Grats on your colored name upgrade.  I was gonna make a joke about quantum uncertainty but that seems more fitting ;)

That's as a result of a temporary moderator status they are giving me so I can moderate the thread. I used to have all-but-administrative powers at BHP, and would butt heads with Souljack and others on the topic of moderation, so you'd think I'd know what was doing enough to not make such a catastrophic mistake mere moments after being given the power to do it. But here we are. Thankfully the game hadn't really started yet.

I vaguely remember that from back in the day.  Really the only thing I remember for sure is that "post of the year" (sarcastic) that was written in several different colors and the letter M in particular was like font size 27.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

That's as a result of a temporary moderator status they are giving me so I can moderate the thread. I used to have all-but-administrative powers at BHP, and would butt heads with Souljack and others on the topic of moderation, so you'd think I'd know what was doing enough to not make such a catastrophic mistake mere moments after being given the power to do it. But here we are. Thankfully the game hadn't really started yet.

Does this mean you intend to delete player posts as worldlines shift? That's both cool and terrifying.

Early concepts of the time machine involved actually moving the game back to the day the time machine was sent to, therefore all posts after that time were deleted. I figured while such a thing might be cool, it could get too repetitive, so that got tossed.

But no, I just wanted to have the ability to remove posts if people talked about things they shouldn't talk about, or if people go over post limits or otherwise break a rule.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Early concepts of the time machine involved actually moving the game back to the day the time machine was sent to, therefore all posts after that time were deleted. I figured while such a thing might be cool, it could get too repetitive, so that got tossed.

But no, I just wanted to have the ability to remove posts if people talked about things they shouldn't talk about, or if people go over post limits or otherwise break a rule.

Don't think you can contain me. I bested Verti60 when it came to bending rules and I'll best you. ;)

As I go to bed now, I'm currently waiting on two people to send actions, @Nodlied and @Mojoman. A couple more I'm waiting for confirmation that they are ready, @TheIrishman, and @kamuixmod

If these are taken care of and there are no new entries, Day 1 will start at 8PM EDT, 00:00 GMT+1 (that's one hour later than normal hammer time, right?). Players will all receive their current role chances at that time, along with the results of their first night 0 actions.

Interesting setup. Dynamic roles and actions will probably cause a lot of chaos, besides kam joining us. I also see a lot of RNG, opposite to Death Note where there was none so perhaps this time, CK and FRAYDO, our best RNGesus disciples should be "covered" by having lots of fun.

I am very busy lately during days and I still have lot of problems to handle so can't really join (and pay attention), besides I need to find time and will to finish a couple of role docs I left unfinished in DNM.

Best of luck to all.

3 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Interesting setup. Dynamic roles and actions will probably cause a lot of chaos, besides kam joining us. I also see a lot of RNG, opposite to Death Note where there was none so perhaps this time, CK and FRAYDO, our best RNGesus disciples should be "covered" by having lots of fun.

I am very busy lately during days and I still have lot of problems to handle so can't really join (and pay attention), besides I need to find time and will to finish a couple of role docs I left unfinished in DNM.

Best of luck to all.

There is a LOT of RNG, it is true, though there are tactics that players can use to make whatever alignment or role they wish to be more likely, if they can figure it out. In testing, I always had Nodlied do whatever move would give him the best town chance, and Jeod whatever move gave him the best mafia chance. Unless lynched or killed early in the game, they almost always met their goal. 

In addition to that there is an item that players can earn that they can use to manipulate the RNG, which will be talked about in detail in the Day 1 post.

STEINS;GATE
LINEAR BOUNDED PHENOGRAM
DAY 1

86d444a7d16e36f196e66c39ce99a91bba6a6f5c

"The batttle of Ragnarok is won! The Mad Scientist, Hououin Kyomua, has defied the odds, proving the defeatist Mr.Braun wrong while simultanouesly defeating my second-most important arch-rival, ALPACAMAN! OPERATION AESIR (temporary name, also known as Plan A)? OPERATION FORSETI (temporary name, also known as plan F)? Mere childs play."

"OPERATION VALI (temporary name, also known as vote at the last minute) will be the moment that I, Hououin Kyomua, finally crushes the world beneath my feet! Not even the Organization can stand against my-"

"What do you mean my vote didn't count? What madness is this? HAS THE ORGANIZATION KNOCKED CUE BALL IN THE CORNER POCKET?! THE TREACHERY"

Alpacaman appears on screen, preparing to hurl a mighty fist that seems to swing so hard that it might actually break the TV screen!

Suddenly, Itaru starts up the Phonewave (name TBA).

"Daru! What are you doing?" Okabe is rather alarmed by this development. Itaru doesn't seemed phased at all by the question.

"What does it look like? I'm running an experiment on the Phonewave. We still haven't figured out how this thing works."

"Halt that experiment at once! Alpacaman is preparing an attack and we can't add that kind of risk when we don't know how the Phonewave works!"

"Uh huh. Yeah, sure. That llama thing is obviously capable of interacting with the real world. Of course, how could I be so stupid? Now, I'll be over here, if you ever want to get back to work."

Suddenly, the Phonewave starts crackling. Electricity is bursting around the sides of the machine! While the two watch in amazement, Rintaro hears a crash behind him.

18FD32FC64192B64C09ABC04FEF0A5098DE57027

Standing before him is Alpacaman. He's finished charging his punch. Time seems to slow to a standstill as Rintaro watches helplessly as a monstrous fist approaches his face. Just before contact, the world falls away.

tumblr_mxww7j3v6G1qfaulno3_r1_250.gif
"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

Rintaro looks around. "Nobody else is here. But where is here? It feels like the Future Gadget Lab, but everything is out of place?" 

"Wait. Future Gadget Lab? What is that? Have I heard of that place before? Actually, why am I even here? Why am I looking at this monitor? It isn't even on."

Rintaro retreats back to his home. It was the only place familiar to him. Everything about the world seemed wrong. Everything he thought about confused him. His memory seems to be full of contradictions. He has memories of events that he's unsure ever happened, and the longer he thinks about it, the more "memories" that come to him.

What has happened to him? What has happened to this world?

DAY 1 BEGINS NOW

In this 11-player game, two players are Organization (Rounder #1 and Rounder #2), one player has Reading Steiner (town cop), and one player is the Future Gadget Lab Leader (unconfirmed masonry leader, can be any alignment, and can combine with other roles)

There are two players alive in the game that will flip as Organization if lynched today, and one player alive that will flip as Reading Steiner if lynched, as well as one player who will flip as the Future Gadget Lab Leader if lynched.

Rules for lynches:
All players must place a vote to lynch a player. Not placing a vote will result in you voting for yourself.
Early Hammer is not possible. End of day happens at the scheduled time regardless of the vote, and any vote can be changed even if majority was reached.

Rules for when a player flips Town:
If the player lynched flips town, the player cannot have been killed earlier than that moment. 
Anyone who targeted that player earlier cannot have been the Rounder at that time or any time before that.
Anyone who ever recieved a "not town" result from an investigation on a player who must be town, cannot have Reading Steiner.

Rules for when a player flips Reading Steiner:
If the player lynched flips as the player with Reading Steiner, then all investigations that player carried out are locked in as true, starting retroactively from Night 0.

Rules for when a player flips Organization (mafia):
If the player flips as the active Rounder (currently that would be Rounder #1), all players that the killer targeted are immediately and retroactively killed and role determined based on chances at the time of death.
Anyone who ever received a "town" result from an investigation on a player who must be Organization, cannot have accurate Reading Steiner.

Rules for Rounders:
The Organization only has one killing role at a time. Only one player can hold the killing role at any time, and that player keeps it until death. It then passes to the next Organization player.
Alive players who have been locked in as Organization will have access to the Rounder doc.
Players in this doc will be kept anonymous, as Time Machine use may change who is on the Organization Team. Reveal yourselves at your own risk.

Rules for Alive Chance:
Any player who hits 0% chance of being alive at any point of the game, is removed from the game, even if the time of death cannot be determined yet.
If only one player can be the person who caused a death of a player, then that person is Organization and the active Rounder. All night targets that player made take effect immedietly and retroactively.

Rules for Future Gadget Lab (unconfirmed masonry):
All players (regardless of alignment and other role) can be a Future Gadget Lab Leader. 
Players who are not the Leader can join a Future Gadget Lab run by a Leader.
Every possible Future Gadget Lab will have a doc created for it. The doc will be closed if that Future Gadget Lab becomes impossible.
These docs will not be anonymous as to who has access to them, but alignment and roles will not be confirmed.
<Rules that determine creating, joining, and leaving the Future Gadget Lab are hidden, revealed to possible Future Gadget Lab Leaders when one is created.>

Rules regarding participation:
There is no posting requirement, however, there is an incentive.
The top-3 players in post count during days earn extra Upas.
1st place gets a Gold Upa.
2nd place gets a Metal Upa.
3rd place gets a Plastic Upa.

In addition, passing various posting thresholds during days will also earn the player extra Upas.

40 posts for a Gold Upa.
20 posts for a Metal Upa.
10 posts for a Plastic Upa.

Gold Upas allow a player to gain an extra night action (chosen by the player from a list), or be exchanged for 1 Metal and 1 Plastic Upa, or 3 Plastic Upas 
Metal Upas allow a player to gain an extra night action (chosen at random from a list), or be exchanged for 2 Plastic Upas.
All players should know what a Plastic Upa does.
Post counting will be done manually. Double-posts will not be counted unless a signifcant amount of time passes in between.
No player can win the same Upa twice in a row. e.g., if the same player is 1st two days in a row, 2nd place will get the Gold Upa, and the 1st place player will get the Metal Upa.

DAY 1 ENDS AT May 27th, 7:00 PM EDT, 00:00 GMT+1 (May 28)

Use ##vote <player> to choose which player you would prefer dead.

This game uses a Deadline lynch. There is no such thing as early hammer. Votes can be switched around at any time, no matter the current vote count.

The player with the most votes when the phase ends will be locked in via Attractor Field as the Day 1 death.

Consider, can the universe be justifiably called infinite? Doubtful. It may not have a discernible end, but it had a beginning and its component parts definitely have a limited cosmological shelf-life. Splitting hairs or not, if history tells us anything, it's that scientists often make very poor poets. We're all just a ship of fools chasing phantoms heedless of what really underwrites natural law.

It's to enforce activity, I can see why it's there.

Anyway, you do realize that early introductions don't confirm a thing? Our alignments are all in flux right now and subject to change.

Kamuixmod steps up to a podium. Apparently we're receiving a lecture today.

latest?cb=20151222145157

"My name is Alexis Leskinen. I work at Victor Chondria University and am a mentor of Maho Hiyajo and Kurisu Makise. I am also a senior researcher at the Brain Research Institute. I'm an outgoing, imposing but very kind man, a respected scientist and a "big child", according to my assistant Maho. I very much look forward to working together in the future."

kamuixmod is Alexis Leskinen

I'm just saying that there's no point in introducing yourself. You can't expect to be trusted any more than the next guy simply because you outed your character, and furthermore, we should assume that outing such information only serves to help the players who want to become Rounders.

Okay, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing here. But, if I've learned anything, it's that transparency is key.

##Introduction

Also, my initial investigation was on Jeod, who came up as scum. I doubt that's entirely the case due to how predictable it is, but let's keep it in mind.

TheIrishman doesn't seem to be very happy about this lecture.

objection-vector.png

He launches into a rather long tirade about time machines and black holes. Not sure Leskinen was even talking about that subject. Is he lost? Who is this guy anyway?

Oh.

TheIrishman is Hououin Kyouma! (also known by his nom de plume, Rintaro Okabe)

Standing next to him, looking rather uncomfortable about all the yelling, is Killing_You.

Suddenly a massive, mountain of a man charges into the room. 

"Okabe, what you have you dragged my daughter into?! I'll break your legs, pal!"

"I didn't do the slightest little thing to her!"

Oh, so Killing_You must be...

8244.png

Nae Tennouji, the shy but playful daughter of Yugo Tennouji.