[GAME OVER - TOWN WINS]Steins;Gate - Quantum Mafia

Well, atm I am a bit torn.

Misa has a very weird situation of being in the same place as 2 other people but not meeting with them to form a Lab. There might be a lab entrance limit of 1 though. But we've also let a new person away with too much and he stole the game in the Death Note :p

Nodlied has no interest in the game so we wouldn't mind being lynched. But if he turns up a Rounder I might die. Ehhhh...

Jeod is leading stuff a bit too much for my comfort. Way too much. Meta and stuff.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Well I mean, it's not like we're holding it against you TOO much.  I mean, we're not voting for you... just yet ;)

I'd hoped that my willingness to play as town would be more obvious.

1 minute ago, Chaos_Knight said:

Nodlied has no interest in the game so we wouldn't mind being lynched.

*so he wouldn't mind. Derp.

Just now, Jeod said:

I'd hoped that my willingness to play as town would be more obvious.

Well, you are pretty pushy :p
But then again, it seems that in this game faction is a matter of choice, not GM's decision. Soo... yeah.

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I've stated my goal from the beginning. I've made a best effort to lay out all the data. I've made my case for lynching Misa even though I initially suggested Nodlied. I have nothing more to add unless new data comes up.

I'll reiterate: If my statements sound like I'm leading rather than making fair points and giving reason for my vote, then so be it.

So on the plus side guys, it appears that 2 people will be marked as the Organization and they can be changed each Day. The reason why I think it's Day instead phase is because the temporary Rounder Doc is closed during nights.

Jeod, I'm doubtful on people meeting being the requirement for becoming a Rounder. If that's the case, that means that 2 people have to target the same person every night to become a Rounder. But that causes a problem, which comes first, becoming Rounders or making a Future Gadget Lab? Or do they do both? If that's the case there must be at least 5 FGLs...but can Chopbam or yourself even be a part of 2 FGLs at the same time? I'm don't think so. It also means that if two people don't investigate the same person, that there's to Organization to fight for the next Day.

I think the most likely situation is that when first two people visit the same person, they form FGL then leave, causing the next person to be unable to form a FGL. If that's the case, that means if 4 people visit the same person, it'll create 2 different labs in chronological order.

The second possibility is that Misa did meet you guys and formed a FGL, but this isn't very likely with how much you're hounding her.

So my third thought is that Misa could've visited someone else and formed a FGL with another group. If that's the case, there'd be a 5th FGL or one of the other 3 has a third member. But I don't think there's any point in lying about it.

I LOVE pressing ctrl-enter instead of shift-enter.

Ahem.

As I was saying.
Not sure what would determine who gets invited in this case though. Since 3 people have a chance to enter but only 2 actually get it. RNG maybe? Or, indeed, action PM time?

Another possibility is that Misa lied about her night action. After all, according to this:

Only TIM targeted FRAYDO, and TIM has a claimed base OC of 9, yet FRAYDO dropped by 18 AC like everyone else.
Mojoman, did you target FRAYDO by any chance maybe?

You're grasping at straws to try and explain why my hypothesis is incorrect by any means necessary, even to ridiculous ends, and I'm going to sit back and watch. It's funny how I'm the bad guy every time I attempt to play well. Meta is important for mafia yes, but if you rely on meta in every situation then you're going to be wrong.

Well, Jeod, I don't think you're part of the Organization as of yet, I just think your evidence towards Misa is too circumstantial. That said, I can't really blame you since she's ranked 3rd or 4th on my lynching pool right now. Mostly depends on if FRAYDO is purposefully inactive or if it's because of RL.

Someone delete my double post. My ISP is currently having a bad day.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

You're grasping at straws to try and explain why my hypothesis is incorrect by any means necessary, even to ridiculous ends, and I'm going to sit back and watch. It's funny how I'm the bad guy every time I attempt to play well. Meta is important for mafia yes, but if you rely on meta in every situation then you're going to be wrong.

Why are YOU so defensive all of a sudden? I am trying to figure out the whole Misa deal on my own. Does this worry you for some reason?

Even more so, I am not so opposed to her lynch. As I said, we could just use time machine if Misa's a townie.

24 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Jeod, I'm doubtful on people meeting being the requirement for becoming a Rounder. If that's the case, that means that 2 people have to target the same person every night to become a Rounder.

Only for the initial alignments. That's why N0 existed.

But that causes a problem, which comes first, becoming Rounders or making a Future Gadget Lab? Or do they do both? If that's the case there must be at least 5 FGLs...but can Chopbam or yourself even be a part of 2 FGLs at the same time? I'm don't think so. It also means that if two people don't investigate the same person, that there's to Organization to fight for the next Day.

The problem does not exist because the 'requirement' for becoming a Rounder, at least for D1, was a one-time deal.

I think the most likely situation is that when first two people visit the same person, they form FGL then leave, causing the next person to be unable to form a FGL. If that's the case, that means if 4 people visit the same person, it'll create 2 different labs in chronological order.

This is too literal.

The second possibility is that Misa did meet you guys and formed a FGL, but this isn't very likely with how much you're hounding her.

This is too absurd to even respond to.

So my third thought is that Misa could've visited someone else and formed a FGL with another group. If that's the case, there'd be a 5th FGL or one of the other 3 has a third member. But I don't think there's any point in lying about it.

Also too absurd to respond to.

CK, I'm not defensive. I'm annoyed at the small and weak attempts to poke holes in my reasoning simply because I have a reputation and because I appear to be "bullying" Misa.

Show me some strong evidence that I shouldn't be voting for Misa over a random player today and I'll consider it. Until then, the only thing I'm getting is that a bunch of you are putting your heads in the sand just because Jeod's name is attached to the hypothesis.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Until then, the only thing I'm getting is that a bunch of you are putting your heads in the sand just because Jeod's name is attached to the hypothesis.

I only know you as a good GM..

For why I believe she's not in a FGL, I was just explaining it away to have it play out better in my head rather than just saying that there could be a limit of 1 person.

Second possibility, I agree, absurd.

The third one, not as much as I initially thought. Don't you need 3 members to get the time machine? She could be distracting us away from which group has a time machine already.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

because I have a reputation

Voe can relate :v

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Show me some strong evidence that I shouldn't be voting for Misa over a random player today and I'll consider it.

That is a very very bad thing to say for a townie.

Everyone is making cases for themselves, and if you have a strong lead, you should convince others to follow you. And if others say that you aren't very convincing... well. Stuff happens. Make a stronger case :p
Instead you are throwing your arms in the air and asking others for a guidance making the same mistake ChopBam and Nodlied did in CYOR by just going "Well, if you want me to vote someone else, I can do that!". I understand that it's not a normal game by any chance but it's still not an excuse to behave so... scummy really even if you are annoyed by people.
Actually.
Voe can relate too :v

You, however, also were the one to post 82-15 AC-OC chances which many of us got D1 so that kinda clears you of actual suspicion. I guess.
I am just saying that your leads aren't strong enough for now, and you are kinda overzealous from my perspective, thus lynching a willing candidate (Nodlied) might be better.

I agree with CK's assessment that there could only be two lab members in a FGL during N0->D1. However, that does not nullify the possibility that Misa could have become a Rounder with Chop. If I set all of that aside and pretend that I'm voting for Misa for the same reason I would have voted for Nodlied, then her reaction versus Nodlied's reaction is much more scum-vibed.

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

I only know you as a good GM..

Actually, good point. Jeod's "reputation" only applies to my disagreement. But I am also a widely known paranoid. :v

2 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

The third one, not as much as I initially thought. Don't you need 3 members to get the time machine? She could be distracting us away from which group has a time machine already.

What's the point of it though? 3rd person can be both alive or dead, and time machine would still become available to use.

And yes yes, KY and I have a small lab of our own.

Where am I asking others for guidance? I said very clearly at the start of the day that I would be hunting for a reason to vote a player instead of just doing a random D1 lynch. I have found that reason, I have articulated that reason, and it's being met with resistance despite the logic behind it.

I'm simply requesting that, if players feel that it's incorrect, to present an alternative rather than submitting rebuttals that don't hold water and being in favor of an entirely random lynch.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

If I set all of that aside and pretend that I'm voting for Misa for the same reason I would have voted for Nodlied, then her reaction versus Nodlied's reaction is much more scum-vibed.

Eh, her reaction is kinda understandable.

> "Hey guys! I wanna play mafia with you too!"
> Gets lynched D1 on her first game.
> "For f**k's sake."

Just now, Chaos_Knight said:

Eh, her reaction is kinda understandable.

> "Hey guys! I wanna play mafia with you too!"
> Gets lynched D1 on her first game.
> "For f**k's sake."

Well, if she is indeed a Rounder, then she can do the same thing I asked Choppy to do if he was one: come out and say it, out the partner, and RNGUpa into another alignment.

As sad as it is, two players are Rounders today and our goal is to find them. Such is mafia.

Furthermore, Misa has not made an attempt to refute my claims. For example, everyone who formed a FGL with someone last night 'met' their lab partner. Misa visited OP47 the same as myself and ChopBam. Did she receive anything in her PM to indicate our presence? I understand that she's new to mafia, but I expect new players to participate. She asked for evidence that was already presented, so she's smart enough to know that she should defend herself as well.