[GAME OVER - TOWN WINS]Steins;Gate - Quantum Mafia

Just now, Jeod said:

Where am I asking others for guidance? I said very clearly at the start of the day that I would be hunting for a reason to vote a player instead of just doing a random D1 lynch. I have found that reason, I have articulated that reason, and it's being met with resistance despite the logic behind it.

I am telling you to chill out a bit. That's all xD

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

simply requesting that, if players feel that it's incorrect, to present an alternative rather than submitting rebuttals that don't hold water and being in favor of an entirely random lynch.

Well, it's not completely random.
Not as random as this whole game come to think of it.

What IMO absolutely has to be done is that we need to determine the factors which assign people to be specific roles. If we manage to nail that mechanic early, we might be able to track down scum before all the %'s get too messed up to follow with a degree in quantum mechanics.

My own theory is that 2 people with the highest OC at the start of the day are assigned to flip as "Organization" when lynched.
Same for other roles. Thus to find who's the target we need to try and determine who currently has the highest OC. 2 of these people can be whom we are after.

Well maybe now that these questions are explicit we can get some answers. i mean, they're good questions, but I totally see how your tone might have set a newbie off.

I mean, in the Mass Effect game at MU, some kid actually *blocked* me because I was questioning him so hard.

1 minute ago, Chaos_Knight said:

What's the point of it though? 3rd person can be both alive or dead, and time machine would still become available to use.

Vaguely forgot about that. 

Just now, Jeod said:

Well, if she is indeed a Rounder, then she can do the same thing I asked Choppy to do if he was one: come out and say it, out the partner, and RNGUpa into another alignment.

As sad as it is, two players are Rounders today and our goal is to find them. Such is mafia.

On 5/25/2017 at 7:16 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Players in this doc will be kept anonymous, as Time Machine use may change who is on the SERN Team. Reveal yourselves at your own risk.

Maybe, but only if the other partner revealed themselves.

And just to help confirm this mess, Misa, what specific time did you send your PM?

My own theory is that 2 people with the highest OC at the start of the day are assigned to flip as "Organization" when lynched.

Same for other roles. Thus to find who's the target we need to try and determine who currently has the highest OC. 2 of these people can be whom we are after.

I'd agree with that, except that we all have 15% OC as of today, so if Rounders weren't decided based on visiting N0, then it's been RNG'd. I considered that when I proposed lynching Nodlied, since there was no way to decide who would be the best lynch target, but then I began building the case for Misa's curious absence from a lab. As it so happen, she is also one of the players with a currently 15% OC.

Now, let's take a look at the table (by TIM, fixed by me).

Bells & Whistles

Irish

OP47

FRAY

CK

Nod

Jeod

KY

Misa

Mojo

KMod

CB

[D0 AC]-[N0 OC]

100-9

100-18

100-18

100-18

100-18

100-18

100-18

100-18

100-18

100-18

100-18

N0 Investigation

FRAY = T

Mojo = T

CK = T

Jeod = T

CK = O

OP47 = T

Jeod = O

OP47 = T

Self = ?

Self = O

OP47 = T

[D1 AC]-[D1 OC]

100-9

82-15

91-15

82-15

100-18

82-15

100-18

100-18

82-15

100-18

100-18

N1 [OC]

N1 Investigation

[D2 AC]-[D2 OC]

So, if nobody lied about their %'s, we have the following suspects:
Nodlied
Misa
KMod
ChopBam

We also have Mojoman whom we know little about which is kinda suspicious for me personally.

So, if nobody lied about their %'s, we have the following suspects:
Nodlied
Misa
KMod
ChopBam

We also have Mojoman whom we know little about which is kinda suspicious for me personally.

You're missing Killing_You

Just now, TheIrishman said:

You're missing Killing_You

Yeah. KY is also a suspect. And even more so, he's kinda a lurker.

Also Mojo is in the doc with Orange. Orange targeted Mojo. Might mean that Mojo visited himself and hooked up with Orange.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Why exactly are we linking FGLs to rounders again?

Because Misa, Chop and I all visited you, yet only Chop and I are in a FGL. I hypothesized that for N0, the Rounders were chosen in the same manner.

5 minutes ago, Chaos_Knight said:

Yeah. KY is also a suspect. And even more so, he's kinda a lurker.

Also Mojo is in the doc with Orange. Orange targeted Mojo. Might mean that Mojo visited himself and hooked up with Orange.

That's correct.

Eh, well I disagree with that. I think it was said in the example video it's just the percents and then if they're equal it's random between them.

So we have 5 people with claimed 18% and 2 of them can be the targets we are looking for.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Eh, well I disagree with that. I think it was said in the example video it's just the percents and then if they're equal it's random between them.

I'll admit that when squared up with Rounders being chosen by RNG from the highest OC/RC%, the latter wins. There's still the matter of Misa being a suspect in either case, and her complete OMGUS to my vote.

Of the 5 targets

Kmod has been decently active.

Last game Nod was pretty inactive and almost won commonly citing his inactivity as an excuse.

Chopbam has been pretty distant

KY also has been pretty inactive

Misa seems to follow suit, but she's also new. Most new people hang back until they get a feel for things, or at least that's what I did.

Why exactly are we linking FGLs to rounders again?

It's Jeod's hypothesis. I don't think it's true. It's more likely that the limit is only 1 for people to become part of a FGL.

From the video and from the explanation of the game, everything seems to follow chances. Your organization chance wouldn't matter if it was derived purely from who you targeted. Even for only the first day, it seems silly.

Also Orange already confirmed his FGL with Mojo.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'd really just say the OMGUS is due to being a newbie.  I mean yeah, I'm not saying she's squeaky clean, but I think instantly assuming she's the scum is slightly too uncharitable.

Only it wasn't an instant assumption. Swap Misa's name with Nodlied and you'd be correct.

BTW, is there any sort of pattern to you switching between paragon and renegade icons?

Paragon looks better when reading the thread. I believe it stands out more than Renegade.

Just now, Jeod said:

Coincidentally I've been replaying the trilogy.

I bought Andromeda last weekend.  Loving it so far.  Best friend bought it same time and I'm a bit annoyed the mafia game sapped so much of my time that she's a good 2-3 story missions ahead of me now.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Also, we need to consider this:  When we catch a rounder, their investigation targets die....

Correct. There's a conflict of interest when it comes to lynching a potential Rounder if they've targeted you already. If you want to win as a town, then you need to have the balls to accept death if it comes down to that.

Just now, Jeod said:

Correct. There's a conflict of interest when it comes to lynching a potential Rounder if they've targeted you already. If you want to win as a town, then you need to have the balls to accept death if it comes down to that.

Spicy :p

If it comes to that I will, but my previous stance stands. It actually only hit me literally as I made that post that if Misa's a rounder that I die.