[GAME OVER - TOWN WINS]Steins;Gate - Quantum Mafia

Kam, isn't it the thought that counts?

Wait, Jeod, why am I? I killed you D2 intentionally. I was working towards scum goals after D4. Maybe Chaos and Kam might be since it was their plan that screwed you over.

Edited by TheIrishman

10 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Kam, isn't it the thought that counts?

Wait, Jeod, why am I? I killed you D2 intentionally. I was working towards scum goals after D4. Maybe Chaos and Kam might be since it was their plan that screwed you over.

You wouldn't have a lab without my initially inviting you in.

58 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Depending on when @Nodlied's 'July Crisis' game is, 

The mechanics are worked out. :v Just need to finish the roles and see to it that it is balanced. But considering that I'm the final test week of this year, that might take a bit of time. (Plus I might see if I need a co-mod to ensure constant GM'ing should my holidays become busier than planned. But eh, more on that once I get around finishing the game.)

Just now, Nodlied said:

The mechanics are worked out. :v Just need to finish the roles and see to it that it is balanced. But considering that I'm the final test week of this year, that might take a bit of time. (Plus I might see if I need a co-mod to ensure constant GM'ing should my holidays become busier than planned. But eh, more on that once I get around finishing the game.)

In that case, there should be time throughout the remaining month of June and the first half of July for at least one game. Maybe two Back to Basics, or maybe something a tad more complex:

Tiberium.thumb.png.20f4ee17e2bc71fa5390c40e9d78c8ba.png

I'll toss up a sign-up/game style poll in a few days, after Cat5 has had a chance to finalize this game and after I make sure nobody else wants to jump into the GM chair.

8 minutes ago, Jeod said:

You wouldn't have a lab without my initially inviting you in.

True, but if 5 people didn't target Kamuixmod N1 the game would've gone completely different, to the point where we couldn't even guess. And although I was going for Town when you invited me (kinda, since I did have the other scum target you), I was still scum at the time and you invited me of your own initiative.

42 minutes ago, Jeod said:

In that case, there should be time throughout the remaining month of June and the first half of July for at least one game. Maybe two Back to Basics, or maybe something a tad more complex:

Tiberium.thumb.png.20f4ee17e2bc71fa5390c40e9d78c8ba.png

I'll toss up a sign-up/game style poll in a few days, after Cat5 has had a chance to finalize this game and after I make sure nobody else wants to jump into the GM chair.

If that's saying a TD themed game, I've been wanting one of those too. Not that I've actually played a RA themed game with you guys either, but I did read most of them :v  TD just seems like it'd be fresh.

14 hours ago, Jeod said:

Depending on when @Nodlied's 'July Crisis' game is, and depending on how my new job schedule works out (I start next Thursday), I may host a Back to Basics IV. Unless @VERTi60 has been secretly working on a top secret APB RPG V. :v

I can run APB Mafia V anytime between July 1st - 24th.

I won't have time to do a complex RPG version untill like mid August.

2 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

I'll leave it to you then! I doubt I can pull off a Basics game and have it end before July 1st. Too much going on.

2 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

I eagerly await your signups thread. :dance:

I'm getting lost following the planning phase in Lab #4. How did Silius get lynched on D1 when the N0 death was still undetermined? Orange only died after I was lynched as a Rounder on D2. According to the votes, Chaos_Knight is the missing vote to get Irish lynched on D1. I'm guessing that somewhere in the time machine actions, he lost access to the active lab and thus his additional actions could not be resolved?

If that's the case, why didn't CK use a gold upa to break into Voe's lab and finish the plan? Was it because the final outcome was just as desirable (2 scum dead)?

36 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Chaos_Knight is the missing vote to get Irish lynched on D1

Because I broke into Irish's lab and used DMail the night before. So I was on cooldown and couldn't send another TM-related action.

36 minutes ago, Jeod said:

If that's the case, why didn't CK use a gold upa to break into Voe's lab and finish the plan? Was it because the final outcome was just as desirable (2 scum dead)?

Because to break into the lab I needed to be part of said lab at some point in time and then get kicked.
You can't break into the lab you were never a part of. I asked Cat5 about that actually.

The lynch on Day 1 was changed the moment kamuixmod used TimeLeap to get back to D1 and change his vote to TheIrishman. This left a tie vote between Kilius, TheIrishman, and Nodlied, and between those three, Kilius would have lost the RNG. This history change happened before anything OrangeP47 or Chaos could have attempted to do (and Chaos never could have done so, and they were warned as such). Only one person can time leap at a time, and the only way that person can make it back to the present and hand it off to the next person is if they don't change history along the way. kamuixmod failed to do that. He changed history with his first changed action, which via the Butterfly Effect, changed everything that happened before and after.

This is what i found funny when i saw so many people coming up with convoluted plans on using the time machine, when they couldn't know what the effects of the changes would be. I mean, even I didn't know what would happen, and I had the spreadsheet in front of me to do the calculations with. While I was trying to help him make sure his actions were valid, I didn't know what the effect would be until I started doing the work. I thought I was going to have to resolve 60+ game phases because of their plan, but it only wound up being about 12.

Breaking into the lab was meant as a counter to one side or the other gaining a total monopoly on the time machine. If the leader kicks people out, those people still secretly have access during the night, though they have to use a Gold Upa to use the Time Machine, or a Metal Upa to watch it/form a masonry with anyone else who sneaks in there. If the game progresses without history changing, those people would be found, identified and kicked out again during the day.

Chaos breaking in before Voe may or may not have followed up with TheIrishman's plan may have saved town, however putting kamuixmod into the lab might have been a mistake, depending on your perspective, given how reckless he was once given access to an active time machine.

2 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

The lynch on Day 1 was changed the moment kamuixmod used TimeLeap to get back to D1 and change his vote to TheIrishman. This left a tie vote between Kilius, TheIrishman, and Nodlied, and between those three, Kilius would have lost the RNG. This history change happened before anything OrangeP47 or Chaos could have attempted to do (and Chaos never could have done so, and they were warned as such). Only one person can time leap at a time, and the only way that person can make it back to the present and hand it off to the next person is if they don't change history along the way. kamuixmod failed to do that. He changed history with his first changed action, which via the Butterfly Effect, changed everything that happened before and after.

This is what i found funny when i saw so many people coming up with convoluted plans on using the time machine, when they couldn't know what the effects of the changes would be. I mean, even I didn't know what would happen, and I had the spreadsheet in front of me to do the calculations with. While I was trying to help him make sure his actions were valid, I didn't know what the effect would be until I started doing the work. I thought I was going to have to resolve 60+ game phases because of their plan, but it only wound up being about 12.

Bolded part is exactly what I was referring to when I say in the docs that no matter what we do we're going to fail. I just thought it was so obvious that the first set of actions would invalidate the follow up orders that I didn't press the point, and was so tired on the pills that I sheeped and went along with the plan anyway in the vague hope that they knew something I didn't. I figured the plan involved making a loop and keeping the system intact if they were actually wanting us to multi-order.

Edited by OrangeP47

Beginner question here, but what's APB stand for? and I'd probably be up for it as long as it's Mafia.

7 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

This is what i found funny when i saw so many people coming up with convoluted plans on using the time machine, when they couldn't know what the effects of the changes would be.

[D5] ##Timeleap

[D3] ##Timeleap

[D1] ##D-Mail Misa N0 "VoteJeodD2voteChopD3voteOP47D4" <- except this since I wasn't in the lab at the time so it never happened

[N1] No change

[D2] Vote for Jeod ##D-Mail OrangeP47 N1 “VoteChopD3voteSelfD4”

[N2] target Sillius

[D3] Vote for Chopbam ##D-Mail Voe N1 "VoteChopD3voteOP47D4"

[N3] target Chaos_Knight

[D4] Vote for OrangeP47 [##D-Mail self D2 "vote for Jeod"] <- what I did before

[N4] no change

Hey, my plan worked perfectly :p

And yeah, Kam, it definitely did.

2 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Beginner question here, but what's APB stand for? and I'd probably be up for it as long as it's Mafia.

[D5] ##Timeleap

[D3] ##Timeleap

[D1] ##D-Mail Misa N0 "VoteJeodD2voteChopD3voteOP47D4" <- except this since I wasn't in the lab at the time so it never happened

[N1] No change

[D2] Vote for Jeod ##D-Mail OrangeP47 N1 “VoteChopD3voteSelfD4”

[N2] target Sillius

[D3] Vote for Chopbam ##D-Mail Voe N1 "VoteChopD3voteOP47D4"

[N3] target Chaos_Knight

[D4] Vote for OrangeP47 [##D-Mail self D2 "vote for Jeod"] <- what I did before

[N4] no change

Hey, my plan worked perfectly :p

And yeah, Kam, it definitely did.

Hover over the word APB and you'll know. :v (Other than that, look around the site, it's hard to miss.)

Yeah, as you say, his plan didn't really work perfectly, however he didn't change history while he was doing it. Infact, he tried to keep the lynches as they were. The important part was that he changed his investigation targets so that he would kill them all when lynched. Now, if he was lynched and revealed as Rounder #1, which was the plan at the time, he probably would have changed who had what roles when, so even now I can't say his plan really would have worked.

• 3 weeks later...

I had been planning on putting together a full game review with awards, post-mortem commentary and an exploration of what would have happened if the game continued on other world lines that you guys shifted away from, and I wanted to have it done in video format to help present the data and scenarios. I was way too tired to do so right after the game ended and work conspired to take away a lot of my free time after that. For example, in a four day span of last week, I had roughly a total of 6 hours of free time. And you might be amused to know that since I started this game, my shift at work has been effectively held in quantum uncertainty 6+ times, where I didn't know when my shift ended, or which position I was working, until it happened.

As we've gotten further and further away from the end of the game, I've wondered if it would even be worth it to put in the rest of the work required to finish it. If you guys are actually interested in seeing this stuff, I will make sure I get it done eventually. This weekend could potentially be a good time to get the work done.