Why the H**l is the thief back on pacific threat.

As in the topic title. Why the hell can allies get a radar invisible thief to steal soviet money on the map with the easiest thief play in the game. It ruined the game for me. Not only because we lost money, but we lost hinds as well. radar invis infantry steal them. This map was fine before their was on it it. I want to know what form of mental gymnastics got this unit back on the map. please explain reasoning. This is a step backwards, one might say. 

P.S. just RQ offed the map and yes I'm a little angry. 

When was it ever off the map? What form of mental gymnastics are you employing to remember a Delta iteration of Pacific Threat that had no thieves? It's Seamist that had thieves missing for a while.

Why are we ignoring the fact that it only takes 33% of money from silos now instead of 50%?

Why isn't it causing Allies to win more games on this map? (This is with 10+ players i.e. enough that player skill balance is less of a concern. Plus your match was apparently 13 players anyway.)

balancepie.png

Silo thiefing has been a thing on this map for the whole 1 and a half years that Delta's been out so it's not exactly a new phenomenon, except now it's harder than it was initially because only one silo is thievable, easier than it was a couple months ago when a flame tower existed (which could even fail to kill a thief by itself in time), and less rewarding/harmful than ever before because of the reduced stealing amount. And soon it's going to be harder again because of the headshot overhaul.

Edited by Pushwall

Just now, Pushwall said:

When was it ever off the map?

Why are we ignoring the fact that it only takes 33% of money from silos now instead of 50%?

Why isn't it causing Allies to win more games on this map? (This is with 10+ players i.e. enough that player skill balance is less of a concern. Plus your match was apparently 13 players anyway.)

balancepie.png

To be fair, he probably wasn't around when the move to 33% from 50% was made.

I think the problem with the thief is that all he has to do is survive for three seconds near the terminal. Ideally he'd need to use a flare-like ability/item near said terminals, which would force him into place and make him vulnerable, while also providing a clear visual indication of a theft being in progress.

Edited by Raap

The Engineer needs to use the golden wrench (and soon a repair tool will work) to capture the oil derricks on Pipeline. Maybe a similar device could be given to the Thief that they must use on the Silo's terminal, while also giving them the nerf that's coming to jumping and repairing? This way they'll have to be in position in front of the terminal to actually steal the credits, instead of jumping around and returning fire.

Yeah, I've been saying this in matches for a long time. I would love to have thieves need to stand still and man the terminal. (even if it has to be a flare type animation)

The fact they can somehow break into a system and withdraw funds while bunny hopping to hell is a bit ridiculous at the moment.

No thief should ever be able to steal while a person is opening fire on them, but currently it's not that difficult.

Even with the reduction of income stolen from a Silo, they do tend to hit the Soviets very hard, especially on Metro. But that being said, can't do much without making the Thief useless. Though one thing that does need fixingfor obvious reasons is to make it so the corpse of a Thief not able to steal... haha.

10 minutes ago, JigglyJie said:

Though one thing that does need fixingfor obvious reasons is to make it so the corpse of a Thief not able to steal... haha.

I'd still like to see footage of this happening. It's meant to be fixed and I just checked it myself by giving the thief pistol a v2 rocket explosion so he can suicide while trying to steal, and tried numerous times and failed to steal whether I suicided immediately or waited for most of the 3-second stealing delay to pass. Maybe it's something that can't be reproduced in LAN mode...

1 hour ago, Pushwall said:

I'd still like to see footage of this happening. It's meant to be fixed and I just checked it myself by giving the thief pistol a v2 rocket explosion so he can suicide while trying to steal, and tried numerous times and failed to steal whether I suicided immediately or waited for most of the 3-second stealing delay to pass. Maybe it's something that can't be reproduced in LAN mode...

Well to be fair, it is situational and hard to pull off, the only thing I can recommend is to hop on the server when its empty and bring someone along for testing? I'm not very good at using video software otherwise I'd try and capture it but as I say, it only happens in rare circumstances but it does happen. I first noticed it on PacificThreat when it had a Flame Tower during several matches, whether that helps or not? This game has a habit of not reproducing stuff when trying it out in LAN mode, for some reason.