June Is End Boss Month

FRAYDO

[blurb]June is End Boss Month. You know what to do.[/blurb]

It's High Noon that time of the year again, ladies and gentlemen! As per tradition, June is End Boss Month! It's the time to celebrate those wicked characters that torment you, those vile beings that scheme to dominate the world, and those baddies that kidnap your princess. Show your support for your favourite (or not-so-favourite) end boss!

I'll get the ball rolling with Mega Man's arch-nemesis, the one and only brilliant mad scientist, Dr. Wily!

mega-man1.gif?w=650

Every year you guys make this thread.

Every year you forget to add an actual end boss level to APB.

This displeases me.

Edit: Anyone remember that Sole Survivor mod for Renegade from a decade ago, the one with the players-versus-bots map where you had this large room with doors and progressively harder bot waves came out of them with some randomness to them? Top it off with some crazy 'boss' unit, and that could be quite hilarious in APB. It's the same mod that had "defend the AI MCV convoy" as a game mode, it was pretty unique, but never gained the momentum that APB or Reborn did during those days.

Edited by Raap

34 minutes ago, Raap said:

This displeases me.

Edit: Anyone remember that Sole Survivor mod for Renegade from a decade ago, the one with the players-versus-bots map where you had this large room with doors and progressively harder bot waves came out of them with some randomness to them? Top it off with some crazy 'boss' unit, and that could be quite hilarious in APB. It's the same mod that had "defend the AI MCV convoy" as a game mode, it was pretty unique, but never gained the momentum that APB or Reborn did during those days.

Yeah, I remember that mod. I had a lot of fun playing it. A shame it didn't make it.

Jim Lahey Trailer Park Supervisor

the main antagonist to the boys schemes and never fails in sending them back to con college.

He is even an actual video game boss now that you defeat by giving him the "Trudeau salute" 

Here you go, that most and majority of the Malaysian felt that Singapore is our toughest boss yet. Due to its economy strength near to USD currency and is just a tiny island capable of beating us single handed. Its unbelievable that a country that was booted out of Malaysia, is even stronger than Malaysia in terms of economy, education and security.

But we were once together.

ch_3_1_0.jpg

On 6/1/2017 at 3:55 PM, Raap said:

This displeases me.

You should try out bear island

My end boss is pretty self explanatory 

7 hours ago, Einstein said:

@Raap

You mean this mod? :v

Yup (judging by the image), it wasn't a one man team though AFAIK. To my knowledge however it was one of the few major modifications (especially in that traditional sense) to ever actually make a release. It has some unique gameplay elements - enough that I remember it due to them.

Yes it has a massive credits/testers list. Sad that it didn't gain more momentum really. I'm sure it can be played as is, but everyone will need stock or near-stock ren (sctipts 1.7). I have no idea if newer scripts like 3.4.4 or 4.0 would even work at all, but I'm sure @jonwil could tell us, or at least take a guess.

I wish we had a W3D Hub game that played similar to APB but was set during TD. Renegade was fun but I always hated how it looked very different compared to the original C&C game.

Edit: There, I have a end boss avatar now.

Edited by NodGuy

1 hour ago, ChAoS said:

I'm pretty sure it needs custom scripts of some sort, I think an early version of 3.x works on it. I played it a bit last year.

While the model quality is bad it's the closest thing to a true to TD mod I've seen.

I'm not sure what all will work with it, but I believe it comes with scripts 1.7 IIRC. I'll play with it and see.

43 minutes ago, SilverShark said:

The Aftermath of derping around in paint.net.

In my opinion, Volkov is the one character that seriously needs to be redone. He looks terrible right now. He should look more like this:

byi32Qd.png

I just wish I could do it myself.

Edited by NodGuy

6 hours ago, NodGuy said:

Fine by me.

I'm not even being sarcastic though. I would actually love to have a more accurate rendition of the thief who thinks Zorro is cool instead of the current one who thinks ninjas are cool. And then we can just reserve the old model for the partisans!

I don't think AR will have problems with infantry resembling their RA2 selves though given it actually has character artists now instead of 12-14 years ago when all of APB's infantry were done.

On 2017-06-03 at 11:36 AM, NodGuy said:

I wish we had a W3D Hub game that played similar to APB but was set during TD. Renegade was fun but I always hated how it looked very different compared to the original C&C game.

Edit: There, I have a end boss avatar now.

Wait, When was Elvis an end boss? :o