Tesla Coil

oh man. You know the Generals mod "Allstars"? you should remake that using all of your mixed assets using C&C 3 (or kane's waffles). I'd love to have stability, beautiful graphics coupled with all 4 eras of C&C (Tibdawn, Red alert, Tibsun, and RA2) all bundled into one sexy package.

The shiny metal is too dominant here, especially near the base of the coil. You could probably do with some pipes having a different shade of metal or adding some supports that are not made of the same material. Right now such a structure would suffer from team identification because the largest area of visible mesh is in neutral color tones, something more typically attributed to environmental assets - a fact true for both RTS and FPS games. I'd say this is one of those cases where the reference material doesn't line up with gameplay requirements, so not really your "fault" in all likelihood (I haven't seen your reference images).

Beyond that, good work as usually. I wish we had shiny metal shaders for W3D.

Edit: Something like this, since it wouldn't require model changes (disregard the orange tone instead of red, I didn't set the color correctly): 

tRvcivA.jpg

Edited by Raap