Increase C4 throwing range a little?

6 hours ago, Pushwall said:

It was possible to throw it too high for it to be disarmed before - now it's not (as far as I know). Let's not reintroduce that, shall we?

But isn't disarm range doubled now?

EDIT: I just realized doubled range is still not much, nevermind.

Edited by des1206

7 hours ago, moonsense715 said:

How did you achieve the AOE from target effect?

The repair tool/golden wrench are now a hitscan ray with an explosion that has no damage dropoff. The hitscan does repairs/captures and the explosion does disarming.

15 minutes ago, moonsense715 said:

With no penalty for going through walls right?

Nope, no penalty. But since the splash radius is a little smaller than the previous AOE, it's a little harder to disarm through walls than before. Plus hitscan being for repair and splash being for disarm completely solves the previous issue where you could repair MCTs through walls, most famously repairing the Soviet barracks MCT through the floor outside. The splash radius is just small enough that you can no longer disarm C4s on MCTs through that particular bit of terrain either.

Something I might do that would help C4 use in the field though, is to remove/shorten the charge time. That charge time was put into place as a safety measure to prevent C4 abuse with yaks (kamikaze into something with a C4 equipped and you get to throw your C4 before you die - the charge time prevents this) and also prevent C4 abuse with another feature that may make it in soon - but there are different safety measures I can employ for both of those that don't hurt C4 itself. For Yaks, the main concern with C4 "parabombing" is the Ore Silo where it can be undisarmable and still do a lot of damage, and I can just put a no-C4 zone on top of that.

Rather not spend aeons making such zones in the incredibly long list of such areas. A C4 on the refinery smoke stacks (or any exterior part of any building that has an MCT) does less damage than a single arty shell anyway.

11 hours ago, Pushwall said:

Rather not spend aeons making such zones in the incredibly long list of such areas. A C4 on the refinery smoke stacks (or any exterior part of any building that has an MCT) does less damage than a single arty shell anyway.

Ah that is true, so it won't be an issue for any buidling with an MCT then?