CNCNZ.com [is NOT] shutting down

[blurb]CNCNZ isn't shutting down! It was, but now it's not![/blurb]

Friends, it is with great regret that I inform you that CNCNZ.com, the second-longest running C&C community site, is shutting down in the coming days. Archive what you can and care about.

http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/20688-all-good-things-its-time-say-to-goodbye/

Ninjaedit: CNCNZ isn't shutting down! :D

10 minutes ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

That's odd. Tried lowercase, or refreshing to get a new question?

Tried every question they will give me with a multitude of different answers to the same question. My wager is this is intentional

News from Sonic:

Hey guys. Firstly thanks for your support. It was difficult for me to write that post. The reality is I can't afford to pay for the hosting any more. I have more bills and rent that must come fist.

With that said. I have read all the replies here and many PMs. I'm very sleepy as I reply to this. So give me chance to sleep on it. Someone else taking over the hosting seems to be the best option if you want the site to live on. 

I don't think the series is dead. Steam Released and active player counts on Steam shows the series has life. Still. I would love to see a HD re-master of the older titles. Officially outside of fan releases. Updated Cutscenes with new actors. Older Graphics updated with 3D models ect new balance and so forth. There's potential to renew the series. I can't say reboot the story from scratch, But updating it visually could work. Blizzard are doing it with Starcraft Same could apply for Command and Conquer. It's the Grand Daddy of RTS next to dune and Starcraft..

Edited by Bayonetta

Good to see someone took over. Too bad Sonic didn't try reaching out first.

As an FYI, CNCNZ has been suffering from a 'broken' front page for many months, I occasionally visit it and it always has a forum redirect on the main page. I don't know if page hits still matter for a website like CNCNZ, but I'm sure it didn't help,

Edited by Raap

1 hour ago, Raap said:

As an FYI, CNCNZ has been suffering from a 'broken' front page for many months,

That's because upgrading to IPSv4 forums broke the link to the WordPress-powered site. We have a plugin wannabe in place now, but it's less than perfect.

16 hours ago, Bayonetta said:

I don't think the series is dead. Steam Released and active player counts on Steam shows the series has life. Still. I would love to see a HD re-master of the older titles. Officially outside of fan releases. Updated Cutscenes with new actors. Older Graphics updated with 3D models ect new balance and so forth. There's potential to renew the series. I can't say reboot the story from scratch, But updating it visually could work. Blizzard are doing it with Starcraft Same could apply for Command and Conquer. It's the Grand Daddy of RTS next to dune and Starcraft..

The only reason that bliz is realeasing SC1 remastered is because sc2 failed so miserably. For those of you who dont follow sc2 balance, it got really out of hand, and killed off its grassroots community. The toxicity of the US server also helped (a LOT)(in us ofc)

1 hour ago, MartinMb said:

CNCNZ closing would have been devastating for the C&C community. We are already very uncertain about the future of another long-time fan site, CnCSaga, which is currently down...

I talked to Tchutch, he said it'll be back up in a couple days.

19 minutes ago, Raap said:

Getting several red flags on attempting to visit CNCNZ such as the website connection being too insecure, so something is up, figured I'd mention it.

Which browser, and can you provide a screenshot?

We don't have an SSL certificate (yet), so that might be the culprit for some.

53 minutes ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

Which browser, and can you provide a screenshot?

We don't have an SSL certificate (yet), so that might be the culprit for some.

I get this on the forums only, not on the home page or anywhere else. Firefox, latest version. Most likely the SSL certificate.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I get this on the forums only, not on the home page or anywhere else. Firefox, latest version. Most likely the SSL certificate.

I'm also on Firefox 53.0.3, but the only way I can replicate this is by adding HTTPS in the URL (which we do not yet have).