Electronic Cringe Expo 2017

Now, I usually follow this rather casually since the majority of it is AAA dredge, VR games, and console hardware that nobody cares about but there has been some rather interesting things that I've had sent my way so far. I need a better computer

With me, Ace Combat is obligatory. Looks solid. Also has one of the best CGI dogs I have ever seen.

And on an unrelated to the Cringe Expo note,
Cold Waters was something unbeknownst to me and it actually looks right up my alley in a world dominated by grind fest multiplayer military games.

Then there is a new Mount and Blade coming out and this has me foaming at the mouth. That was a great game for what it was and although I only played a few hours of it I plan on picking it up when its cheap and giving it a proper play. Not only that, there is a STALKER-esque Metro series game on the horizon and I for one loved the last two but am apprehensive at the idea that it may end up in the realm of AAA dredge. All I gotta say, Thank goodness I didn't have to listen to Todd Howard drone on and on about innovation this time around while showing bare bones build mechanics that I've seen in a Renegade mod server  (lol ECW/RP2) 8 years ago (with no object limits) unlike Fallout 4s unwanted and piss poor building mechanics.

Discuss anything you've seen, what rattles you, and what you like.

We can't have awesome years ever year. There aren't many up and coming games I'm interested in at the moment, but I'm still knee deep in recent sci-fi releases or ongoing development games like Rimworld or the new Mass Effect, so I'm content all around (Yeah, it's not a 10/10, or even a 9/10, but it's still decent, people complain too much).

I would like to know in a condensed version what the hubbub about the Bethesda show was about though, cause that sounds hilariously bad (and i don't want to watch any of the dumb 15 minute 'summary' videos floating around).

Edited by OrangeP47

Was a bit lacklustre for me too, most games I'm interested in did not make an appearance (Dynasty Warriors 9, Red Dead Redemption 2). Though CoDWW2 looks pretty good and a surprise announcement of Age of Empires: Definitive Edition has me interested. It's just too bad that they had to be Microsoft and (so far) release it on Windows 10 and Windows Store. Blargh.

The only one I was interested in was the announcement for the next Metro game.

3 hours ago, MechanicalThighs said:

Wait wait wait, there's a new Metro coming? I didn't see that, can I get a link?

Yeah, looking for to mount and blade more than anything, and carefully watching ace combat... as "assault horizon" was a massive disappointment to me.

Also, I do like age of empires, so that is interesting.

All in all though, I've not seen any E3 yet, have been too busy to take a peek.

• 1 month later...