TS: Reborn June 2017 Update

2 hours ago, TIberiumGhost said:

I am SO excited for the new update of Tiberian Sun Reborn. The rush of excitement is so great that I have to ask. What is the estimated time of release for update 2.0, assuming preparation goes well?

We really don't want to set a release date at this time, because there is a lot that needs testing.

8 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

[blurb]Good welcome, citizens! Battle Grid Response has received reports of progress on Tiberian Sun: Reborn 2.0. Intel indicates a look at Limpet Drones, the Mutant Hijacker's new tool, and the prospect for the GDI Riot Trooper.[/blurb]

Riot Trooper Shield

The GDI Riot Trooper as we have noticed appears to have trouble in the open battlefield. While the Riot Trooper naturally excels in close-quarters combat, his survivability is greatly reduced when left out in the open. To alleviate this, there are plans to provide the Riot Trooper with an appropriate Riot Shield. This will greatly

Ice is currently working on the Riot Shield, as well as working on a Nod Repair Station. More on the latter in another update.

"This will greatly" ??? You missed the end there. I assume greatly increase his survivability. 

Anyways, looks great, especially for the poor Riot Trooper.

interessting thing about the riot troop shield and the limpat drones because how will these then function and OMG and con yard where you can build something inside pls bring us the possibility to rebuild structers ore to build new ones pls this will be so awesome if you can build it and with tools in the yard also repair damage buildings 

What our goal is you ask it is victory General James Solomon GDI

9 hours ago, xCommanderJackx said:

interessting thing about the riot troop shield and the limpat drones because how will these then function and OMG and con yard where you can build something inside pls bring us the possibility to rebuild structers ore to build new ones pls this will be so awesome if you can build it and with tools in the yard also repair damage buildings 

What our goal is you ask it is victory General James Solomon GDI

We'll have more details later, on how the limpets and the Riot troopers shield will function.

On 6/29/2017 at 7:39 PM, thedisclaimitory said:

oh my fu***ing hell its here oh my hell its here fuking yes its here  YES YES MY HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!! LONG TIME NO SEE UPDATE 3 YEARS OOR 4 MAYBE 5  SINCE WE HADE A TS REBORN UPDATE OH HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?????????? good shit go౦ԁ sHit? thats ✔ some good??shit right??there??? right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self ? i say so ? thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ? ?? ?НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??Good shit

8 minutes ago, Jeod said:

?????????? good shit go౦ԁ sHit? thats ✔ some good??shit right??there??? right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self ? i say so ? thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ? ?? ?НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??Good shit

97DzZ1R.gif

7 hours ago, Jeod said:

?

Riot shielding  sounds awesome! It brings me back to the days of counter strike. (will he still have his emp mines?)

The mutant wrench is cool, will it have limited or unlimited ammo?

Nod also getting a repair pad ? Not sure how I feel about that. I mean the repair vehicle, mutant wrench, and a repair pad seems a little much. Considering GDI will have no mobile repair option. 

8 hours ago, Raptor29aa said:

Riot shielding  sounds awesome! It brings me back to the days of counter strike. (will he still have his emp mines?)

The mutant wrench is cool, will it have limited or unlimited ammo?

Nod also getting a repair pad ? Not sure how I feel about that. I mean the repair vehicle, mutant wrench, and a repair pad seems a little much. Considering GDI will have no mobile repair option. 

We're playing around with the EMP idea and thinking about giving that to the Enforcer. We also may have something else that we maybe giving the Riot Trooper on a later build. ;)

Wrench will be limited and slow.

The choice to give Nod a repair pad was not an easy one but its definitely needed . Nod currently has no way to sell unused vehicles and it currently takes two people to repair one vehicle which doesn't sit well for small games. On the plus side, the repair pad will act differently to the GDI one.... for example, the pad won't be able to be destroyed BUT the MRV's on the pad will. Destroying one or two will greatly slow down Nod's repair process. As for the GDI not having any type of mobile repair option, I understand this concern but  GDI has a larger amount of "push" style weapons so I'm not sure that giving them some sort of field repair option wouldn't over power them even more. This will also help stop the MRV issue of them being left in the base unattended.   

but when will reborn 2.2  come out of its womb  stuck in a woman's stomach for like 3 years and it won't come out                                                                      Image result for i have been pregnant for 3 years meme                     

Edited by thedisclaimitory

On 7/2/2017 at 9:12 PM, NodGuy said:

Just a random thought but would it be possible to make it so the wrench can only repair empty vehicles? This way the Mutant Hijacker can't repair friendly vehicles who are engaging GDI.

I don't think that'll be needed. The repair rate isn't going to be too efficient.

Edited by Wallywood
Editing to fix typo and make AZ's post look silly :P