RA_Under Suggested New Tunnel Suggestion

Hey all, Under sure is a fun map lately... if you are the Allies that is!

cbed883120.png

Look at all this fire power! those communists can't even step out of their base without getting blown back to Stalingrad!

And by cutting off their income we've made certain they have no hope of ever sending large scale retaliation, very clever if i do say so myself.

Whats that cadet? The soviets have a cost effective infantryman equipped with an RPG that is capable of destroying our glorious fire power? THEY ARE HIDING IN THE TUNNELS RIGHT NOW READY TO STRIKE??

275718e9a9.png

Oh never mind they either all died in that explosion or they had to retreat Hahaha!

but you know that last attack has me thinking cadet... if the Soviets had some form of access tunnel linking from their base to the top of the hill we might actually have to do some fighting for once, those RPG troopers could actually pose a viable threat from up there! but its a darn good thing that there isn't said tunnel so instead the soviets all die horribly to our assault isn't that right cadet?

TL;DR

I've been noticing a sequence of events unfold in the Under map in the same manner more and more often, the total allied mechanized dominance over the center, once this stage gets reached it usually concludes in the demise of the soviets sooner or later, now the factors leading to this circumstance could range from V2s being harder to use in the small map, or to the allies advantage in terms of mechanic units repairing what little damage soviets manage to do to allied tanks and artillery, however I would like to propose a map adjustment for the dev team to mull over.

The core concept is an access tunnel either leading to the top of the hill exiting like so 

Spoiler

87dec8c5a1.png

Or a tunnel exiting to the North west end of the map near or around the watchtower area, both of these are mainly to create access points for infantry to reach the center area and contribute to the combat without being slaughtered as soon as they leave base, thus giving opportunities to attack enemy vehicles and put up more of a fight like so

Spoiler

ee46769ad5.png

obviously these two access points should be accessible for both teams however I would think the paths back to their respective bases should be team locked to prevent even more infantry rush routes, anyway that is up for debate as well, but really let me know what you all think of the idea, talk about your reasoning behind why you think it's either good or bad, necessary or unnecessary, lets hear it all!

Have you tried using the Soviet tunnel behind the War Factory to hop over to the Allies side, go up the hill, and shoot down at the Arties from above? Whenever I am Soviet and we get assaulted like above it's what I do and it works most of the time. Your idea is not bad, I'm just saying.

Also, a good way to deal with the arty is to park a V2 on the left side of the Refinery, next to the door. This is something I also do to get them. Of course it helps if the FT is alive to stop tanks and APCs from coming after you.

This suggestion would make the map more like C&C_Field from Renegade but without the waterfall. I like the idea. Of course, I'm biased toward any map additions that add an additional strategy option.

16 hours ago, NodGuy said:

Have you tried using the Soviet tunnel behind the War Factory to hop over to the Allies side, go up the hill, and shoot down at the Arties from above? Whenever I am Soviet and we get assaulted like above it's what I do and it works most of the time. Your idea is not bad, I'm just saying.

Indeed I am familiar with that strategy ^_^ it works works well because all the allies are so focused on the Soviet base they don't watch their side lol

16 hours ago, NodGuy said:

Also, a good way to deal with the arty is to park a V2 on the left side of the Refinery, next to the door. This is something I also do to get them. Of course it helps if the FT is alive to stop tanks and APCs from coming after you.

In all honesty I've never tried this, I have a bias against V2s in general because I get them killed so quickly but I'll be sure to try this strat when i get the chance :p

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

This suggestion would make the map more like C&C_Field from Renegade but without the waterfall. I like the idea. Of course, I'm biased toward any map additions that add an additional strategy option.

Yeah I see the similarity now that you mention it xD, I personally like the watchtower tunnel idea a bit more because I think infantry would be a bit easier to get rid of from there but still have the opportunity to do some damage, anyhoo 

• 2 weeks later...