Keep Off The Grass - Easy Rush Exploit

As of the most recent patch or perhaps earlier, the Allied Rocket Soldier can reach the Soviet Refinery from atop the hill at the back of the Soviet base. It's possible for a group of 3 Rocket Soldiers to go up there and take down the Flame Tower and Refinery within the first 4 minutes of a match. I get that the map is Soviet-sided according to the stats, but it would become severely Allied-sided if this rush method were widely known. It is currently unknown if Soviet troops could even retaliate without having to climb the hills, where the Allies will have the high ground advantage.

I feel like this rush method should be considered an unintentional exploit. The Flame Tower cannot properly fire up hills, and even then, the Rocket Soldier can outrange a Flame Tower.

It's been around for the entire 19 months of Delta, it is fairly well known. That and the PP hill are the only places Allies can infantry rush at the start of the game since most of the base is covered by coils, so Soviets only need one scout in each of those 2 directions to completely shut those attacks down, assuming the Soviets also have anyone at home to reinforce if the attack consists of more than just rocket men. Which is probably why it's not seen that often. Meanwhile, the Allied base doesn't have such a glaringly exposed structure as the Soviet ref, but they have to spread their scouting efforts much, much more thinly because there is not a single part of the Allied base that can defend itself against RPGs like the 60-70% of the Soviet base that's within coil range can.

I got more of the story from other folks ingame and it just sounds like Soviets weren't defending their base at all since the attack also spilled over to the silo which is decidedly not in the range of that cliff.

Really the silo shouldn't be 10 feet away from the refinery. But really Soviets should just learn that having 2 coils is no excuse to get complacent and neglect defense.

9 minutes ago, Pushwall said:

It's been around for the entire 19 months of Delta, it is fairly well known. That and the PP hill are the only places Allies can infantry rush at the start of the game since most of the base is covered by coils, so Soviets only need one scout in each of those 2 directions to completely shut those attacks down, assuming the Soviets also have anyone at home to reinforce if the attack consists of more than just rocket men. Which is probably why it's not seen that often. I got more of the story from other folks ingame and it just sounds like Soviets weren't defending their base at all since the attack also spilled over to the silo which is decidedly not in the range of that cliff.

Really the silo shouldn't be 10 feet away from the refinery.

A valid point; it was a small game and I believe the Soviets only had 4 players on their team, and I recall that one was even shooting rockets at us as we were traveling to their base. If they alerted their team, nobody listened.

I concur with moving the silo. Place it within range of a tesla coil and the Soviets have a well-defended source of income as the Allies do.