[GAME OVER] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game V (Big Fireworks Edition)

VERTi60

3 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I'm still interested in the rundown on how last game played out.

APB IV? I died early on due to bad scumplay, 3rd Party and town duked it out until a gimmick took out 3rd party and most of remaining town, and then Mafia BS'd their way to the end. Go back and read, if you'd like, as it was quite the interesting game.

I guess indoors/outdoors would matter a lot for meta.  I don't have any thoughts that would help us determine which that is, unfortunately. It's been too long since I've played those levels so I don't remember much first hand knowledge.  I tried to start a RA playthrough a month or two again, maybe I should get back to that :v

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

True as that might be, it's probably better we waste time theory crafting about that than about how we can justify D1 lynching voe.

Who says we have to justify lynching Voe?

3 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

True as that might be, it's probably better we waste time theory crafting about that than about how we can justify D1 lynching voe.

Totally agree with that. Not a lot to do here other than observe what people say and what their perspectives are, and see if we can try to predict what this game looks like. Normally, I'd say figuring out the setup helps scum more, but since VERT sets traps for town to fall in to, it works the other way around here. At least to some degree, anyway.

When we get closer to the end of the day, I'll start looking at suspects. I have a suspect already, but I don't want to point out it who it is just yet, as I want to see if the behavior continues.

4 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Who says we have to justify lynching Voe?

Isn't Voe still the meme day 1 lynch? I don't know how things have changed since I last played forum mafia, but if people don't have something else occupying their attention they tend to start considering the joke seriously.

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Isn't Voe still the meme day 1 lynch? I don't know how things have changed since I last played forum mafia, but if people don't have something else occupying their attention they tend to start considering the joke seriously.

No, no, he is. We just don't feel the need to justify it anymore.

Time Left:
1 day(s) , 0  hours, 1 min, 28 sec

CVC:
Alstar voted nobody
Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
Chaos_Knight voted nobody
ChopBam voted Voe
FRAYDO voted nobody
Jeod voted nobody
Killing You voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted nobody
Retaliation voted nobody
TheIrishman voted nobody
Voe voted nobody

1/12 votes casted so far
Voe has the most votes - 1

I'm pretty sure Fraydo is the die due to RNG meme.

If we can determine indoor or outdoor it would give us more information. Indoor there would be no air units for masonary, so we could expect more land vehicles and basically eliminate  the possibility of Allied buildings since verti likes flavour that makes sense (at least in vanilla games)

2 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

I'm pretty sure Fraydo is the die due to RNG meme.

If we can determine indoor or outdoor it would give us more information. Indoor there would be no air units for masonary, so we could expect more land vehicles and basically eliminate  the possibility of Allied buildings since verti likes flavour that makes sense (at least in vanilla games)

Because a Pillbox in a Soviet base makes sense (APB III).

12 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yeah, it might be. And your angle is? Do you still think the mafia is a sniper and medic? And only 2 members instead of 3 or 4?

I just said those were the optimal roles. Of course I still suspect that's the case--two mafia and a hostile third party. Nothing significant has happened yet, so I have no reason to change my suspicions.

So you think Sniper is optimal because they need to use the rolecop to learn who is what, and then a medic to protect the sniper from being taken out by a defensive structure.

And then there is a third party, that as best as I can tell, can be anything. Where do these inferences of third parties come from, again? I don't remember the Allies receiving outside help during this mission.

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

So you think Sniper is optimal because they need to use the rolecop to learn who is what, and then a medic to protect the sniper from being taken out by a defensive structure.

And then there is a third party, that as best as I can tell, can be anything. Where do these inferences of third parties come from, again? I don't remember the Allies receiving outside help during this mission.

Did..did you click any of the links or read my initial theory post?

I read the one about the base, since that one is directly referenced in VERTi60s post, and I've used that to base my theories. However, the other, about Vladimir Kosygin, doesn't say anything that would imply that he is present in this game. So I'm wondering what it is that makes you think he is.

15 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I read the one about the base, since that one is directly referenced in VERTi60s post, and I've used that to base my theories. However, the other, about Vladimir Kosygin, doesn't say anything that would imply that he is present in this game. So I'm wondering what it is that makes you think he is.

Nothing more persuasive than a random scientist from the underground facility. I hope that angle wasn't your big a-ha moment.

No, I think you misunderstand. I'm saying that if this base reflects that allied mission, then Kosygin isn't there, and it's actually hard to imagine a Third Party presence. Neutral units, I maybe see, if scientists are not hostile. I don't remember if they were. But not Third Party. So I'm asking if there is something you know that makes you think Kosygin is present even though nothing game wise points in that direction.

Of course, all the theory crafting leans heavily on determining how closely this game matches the mission, which is certainly an open question at this point.

However, you have claimed both that you believe there is a Third Party presence that without providing a sufficient basis for that belief, and also claimed that the scum have a mystery unit while making a scum list that doesn't include a mystery unit. Your perspective is...interesting.

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Suspicion

Both Kosygin and Supreme Allied Commander want to prevent this from happening

Perhaps I'm being too outlandish. But Kosigyn being a hostile third party came to mind when I read about the missions surrounding Dark Horseman base. Besides that, Verti said in his intro posts that there would be a mystery role. Whether that's a third party (previous game data backs this) or a new scum role remains to be seen and isn't something I know yet.

My perspective is entirely the way I tend to look at Verti's games lore-wise, so your attention to my perspective is a nothingburger, suffice to say.

I'm not sure I agree with Jeod's perspective, but I do think it comes from a valid place, regardless of if it turns out to be true or not in the end. However, I don't like the attempts to shut down conversation.  Of course D1 we're not going to come to any meaningful conclusions, but generating discussion is what we should be doing, so we have a larger data set to pick over for scum hunting both now and later.

8 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

True, Orange, although the other extreme can apply, where so many possibilities are presented that it becomes confusing. And scum thrive on confusion.

Precisely, which is why I err on the side of caution when it comes to debating "outdoors vs indoors". It's a flimsy snowball that can grow larger as time goes on--an opening for scum to control the narrative.