[Game Over] The July Crisis Mafia

Nodlied

Hey, I'm just making sure we have all possibilities out in the open so that we can plan for anything ahead of time. At a time like this, we can't afford to be reactive.

Go ahead and review me, if you wish, I don't really care. I've nothing to deserve, and if I'm next on the chopping block, I probably deserve it. I'll explain myself when I have more time (and no posting limits due to night time.)

Apologies for being mostly absent all D4. Was prepping a going-away party for friends. I'm fine with option Number 2 in moving hammer time.

9 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Right, onwards with the investigation! Verti60 is known as Dragutin Hristov and is a Serbian national.

I see. Well this effectively dispels Orange's proposed Search All Serbs motion seeing that Verti did not have any evidence on his person. That said, I suppose this leaves little reason to suspect and investigate Mojoman.

9 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Fuck you RNG.

As one who is forever cursed by RNGesus, I would take care in such words towards Him.

2 hours ago, Killing You said:

Go ahead and review me, if you wish, I don't really care. I've nothing to deserve, and if I'm next on the chopping block, I probably deserve it. I'll explain myself when I have more time (and no posting limits due to night time.)

Don't be so sure that you deserve it. You did rid yourself of the grenade, after all. While it remains debatable that you had done so for townie points, I don't believe you are best for tomorrow's investigation unless Category's review says otherwise. Aside from the fact that I am NOT the killer, scenario number four may be the most probable and as such we should push for Orange's investigation tomorrow. I doubly fine with another investigation on me, if you so insist.

Phone browsing seems fine to me. 

Its hard to pick scum from the band wagon on me but I am positevely sure one or two are. I am more inclined towards KY now but we'll know more tomorrow bases on experimenting with evidence and determinig Orange's status.

GrxPDGG.png

A new day dawns and everything seems to be well. Birds chirp, people are starting work, and you are back to investigating the assassination. Remember to disregard all fake evidence when trying to present the truth!

There's nothing interesting in the newspaper.

TTGv7tS.png

Today's theme played by the local band.

~48 hours remain until the end of the day!

He said he was going to pass off an item, so you should have said item. Odd that no one was killed, especially since you say you were roleblocked. If you were roleblocked, then either you were because someone was trying to prevent you from protecting another, or someone roleblocked you to prevent you from killing anyone >.> So if that's the case we either have a Scum Roleblocker or Town Roleblocker. I'd be betting more towards a Town Roleblocker though seeing as no one has claimed to be roleblocked this entire game. Unless it's one of the locked abilities, which would point toward either Mojo or Retal. Though it'd most likely be Retal since Mojo already has a telephone and a colt.

I'm a bit skeptic on Orange's roleblocked claim though. I mean, why would scum roleblock him if they could just kill him instead? So the most important things to hear now will be whether Orange gained an item and what Retal has to say.

5 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Retaliation, did you roleblock me?

I agonized about what to do for 24 hours. What if Orange is telling the truth?

But my status update for day 4 was explicit that I got the role block because of Joed's death, and you should always lynch liars.

##vote investigate Orange47

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

I agonized about what to do for 24 hours. What if Orange is telling the truth?

But my status update for day 4 was explicit that I got the role block because of Joed's death, and you should always lynch liars.

##vote investigate Orange47

What?

Just now, Chaos_Knight said:

I think he meant to say that he got his roleblock ability unlocked with an additional flavor text to go for it which mentioned Jeod's death.

So he did roleblock me. Using flavor text, or lack thereof, is a really flimsy excuse, and there's a reason it skirts up against the rules sometimes. (Not saying it's a rule violation, just that's the nature of the things we're dealing with, same realm and such).

It really strikes me as a scummy attempt to 'finish the job' on me, as a diversion from others who are more important to investigate. Retaliation has kind of slipped by in the shadows of others so far this game. If he's scum, though, it doesn't make much sense as to why he'd be so public though...

7 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

and there's a reason it skirts up against the rules sometimes

Quoting GM's messages is against the rules but just mentioning them is perfectly fine. As long as you don't do it word to word.

Though different GMs might see it differently.

Orange, you are still alive and on top of everything, nobody died for that matter, even though you claim to be role-blocked protecting somebody. Odds are you are lying and there was no kill because you were role-blocked. Also you are using CK (who very conveniently spied on somebody exactly so that he could prove each other's claim).

I can also see this to be a plot of retal and CK to have you convicted but I think we need to investigate anyway.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

On the contrary it's entirely mechanical. Unlocking my ability due to a trigger (first night kill) and being told is as much a part of my role as not starting it. You shouldn't claim what you don't understand.

You can't assume everyone's going to be that way though.  PMs are supposed to be different and not exact copies, for a variety of reasons.

Just now, Chaos_Knight said:

Quoting GM's messages is against the rules but just mentioning them is perfectly fine. As long as you don't do it word to word.

Though different GMs might see it differently.

Yeah, I'm not saying he broke the rules, far from it, just that there's a reason for those rules to exist that ties into the meta, and some meta isn't helpful and can be used to come to the wrong conclusions.

1 minute ago, VERTi60 said:

Orange, you are still alive and on top of everything, nobody died for that matter, even though you claim to be role-blocked protecting somebody. Odds are you are lying and there was no kill because you were role-blocked. Also you are using CK (who very conveniently spied on somebody exactly so that he could prove each other's claim).

I can also see this to be a plot of retal and CK to have you convicted but I think we need to investigate anyway.

I honestly don't know why things turned out the way they did, I'm still trying to piece it together.  Maybe someone was AFK and forgot to send the kill order, like FRAYDO. He's high on the suspicion list and has been absent a lot. There's a few scenarios I can see playing out, though all of it would just be conjecture.

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I honestly don't know why things turned out the way they did, I'm still trying to piece it together.  Maybe someone was AFK and forgot to send the kill order, like FRAYDO. He's high on the suspicion list and has been absent a lot. There's a few scenarios I can see playing out, though all of it would just be conjecture.

If someone was so inactive as to not send in a NK, then Nodlied would ask for a replacement like the last two games. We have had replacements for less afterall.

Just now, Retaliation said:

If someone was so inactive as to not send in a NK, then Nodlied would ask for a replacement like the last two games. We have had replacements for less afterall.

I'm not so sure. I'm pretty sure I read a game in the archive where a NK didn't happen because of inactivity, though someone who was actually here for those games is probably more knowledgeable about it than I.