[Game Over] The July Crisis Mafia

Nodlied

I think you guys should still have reason to doubt me. So to make sure scum can't take advantage of that again, I propose we send Retaliation instead. He roleblocked a Hostile OrangeP47 and probably stopped FRAYDO from killing me, so in my opinion his position as town is unassailable.

##nominate Retaliation

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I demand to see your reasons for believing you in quote form.

Can't exactly deliver since;

A. I made a bit of a whoopsie that is the crux of my case (both ways),

B. I've done nothing at night but rid myself of the grenade, keeping my status as innocent the whole game, and,

C. An Orange/Verti/FRAYDO/KY scumteam would be mega-overkill, and we'd be dangerously close to MYOL or LYLO by now.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I think you guys should still have reason to doubt me. So to make sure scum can't take advantage of that again, I propose we send Retaliation instead. He roleblocked a Hostile OrangeP47 and probably stopped FRAYDO from killing me, so in my opinion his position as town is unassailable.

##nominate Retaliation

I suppose. ##nominate Retaliation

Alright, that should keep majority nomination above Verti.

Yeah, I know, I don't get it. Maybe Retal faked them out into thinking he was going to hit Chaos_Knight instead? Or maybe they really just wanted to use VERTi60s role for some reason?

I don't think there is any reason to not investigate FRAYDO today. After he gets locked up, we can decide where to go from there, provided the game doesn't end on the spot. If the game doesn't end, the pile of suspects will be extended a bit. However, given our current superior position, we still don't need violent methods to get the job done.

From my point of view, if the game doesn't end today, my suspects in descending order are Killing_You, Mojoman, VERTi60, Chaos_Knight, and TheIrishman (who I notice has been very quiet today). So, basically everyone other than Retaliation. And this is why I think I'm missing something big. We're doing really well, the closer we get to finishing the game off, the more reasons I'm finding to suspect addtional people.

7 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

##nominate Retaliation

I actually have been suspicious of you for most of this game (until around the time Orange was confirmed hostile). I just refrained from mentioning that because I figured scum would just murder you if no one doubted you publicly.

5 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

From my point of view, if the game doesn't end today, my suspects in descending order are Killing_You, Mojoman, VERTi60, Chaos_Knight, and TheIrishman (who I notice has been very quiet today). So, basically everyone other than Retaliation. And this is why I think I'm missing something big. We're doing really well, the closer we get to finishing the game off, the more reasons I'm finding to suspect addtional people.

If you don't mind, since we've got some time to kill, I'd like to see your reasoning. Not just for me, of course, but for everyone you suspect.

I don't really have time to put together an extensive case at the moment, but in short:

Killing_You: Mixed feelings on the Grenade, also pushed really hard to get VERT lynched when OrangeP47 was the other target

Mojoman: Has claimed having a weapon and yet has never had it stolen. When I tried to work a plan with him to avoid getting it stolen, he disobeyed or agreement and kept it. Does he really even have a weapon? He also helped the VERTi60 lynch over OrangeP47. He also talked about opening a connection with FRAYDO, which should signal that he has no problem talking with the enemy. Maybe he has been talking with the enemy the entire time?

VERTi60: His case was already well established by the people who voted for him before, even though I thought the OrangeP47 case to be much better. His investigation result doesn't really clear him, either.

Chaos_Knight: His fight with VERT and then his pressure to get him lynched still look like scum moves. On the other hand, his late arguments sounded good to me.

TheIrishman: He's now the person we know the least about. Jeod said he felt better about him, but that's about it. We don't know what his action is, and as best as I can tell I still have no explanation for some events that have occured during this game.

Huh, right as you mention me, I get on. I hopped on a bit earlier and read through everything, then fell asleep after wishing you a Happy Birthday :b Personally, I'd rather go to the vault over Retaliation. But if you guys trust him enough, then so be it.

As for information regarding me, I prefer being ambiguous considering my precarious position of being the only Town role left unclaimed :b Although I think it's been overall proven that I'm Town, I can roleclaim if you guys really want me to, provided Retaliation agrees to roleblock Killing_You while we investigate FRAYDO. Since FRAYDO, KY, and OP47 are the main suspects for scum. Of course Mojoman and Chaos_Knight are still suspects, but I'm inclined to believe CK to be town, while Mojo is a bit...off the rocker.

By the way, another reason why I suspect KY to be scum instead of town is because he said he's the brother of one of the assassins who evaded arrest, but he's Bosnian. The only other person that's Bosnian is me and I have no brother. So unless someone else lied about their nationality, he should be lying.

Players

Nationality

Status

Items

Evidence

Role

Town/Scum/TP %

Jeod

American

Town

Dead

(Typewriter)

None

Reporter

Tracker

100/0

Category 5

Austrian

“Suspicious”

“Spyglass”

“None”

Navy Officer?

80/20

TheIrishman

Bosnian

Innocent

Unknown

None that I know of

Unknown

100/0

FRAYDO

Serbian

Suspicious

“Spyglass”

Black Hand Book

Unknown

20/80

Mojoman

Serbian

“Suspicious”

Telephone

Colt

“No Evidence”

“Locked till X%”

40/60

Chaos_Knight

Serbian

Suspicious

None

More Black Hand stuff

“Tracker”

70/30

Killing_You

Bosnian

“Innocent”

(Grenade)

“None”

“Neutral Civilian”

0/70/30

Verti60

Serbian

Innocent

Typewriter

None

“Backup”

75/25

OrangeP47

Austrian

Hostile

Jailed

(Crowbar)

French Involvement

Thief

5/95

Retaliation

Hungarian

“Suspicious”

Something

“None”

Roleblocker

70/30

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

By the way, another reason why I suspect KY to be scum instead of town is because he said he's the brother of one of the assassins who evaded arrest, but he's Bosnian. The only other person that's Bosnian is me and I have no brother. So unless someone else lied about their nationality, he should be lying.

Personally, I took that bit as flavor, and my brother is an NPC that won't appear. Odd, I know, but it's what I was given. If my brother was a character, my objective would include ensuring his survival/evasion as well. But it doesn't, so I've always assumed that I'm out for myself.

Hm...it might just be flavor. I'm unsure, but you're still my main suspect after FRAYDO. And actually I lied, looking at my table, we don't have a true roleclaim for Cat5, Mojo or FRAYDO. FRAYDO being the top suspect probably won't role claim anyway. Mojo kind of roleclaimed by telling us his items, and same for Cat5, but there was never anything direct. Though if I were to assign roles to Cat5 and Mojo, it'd be something along the lines of Evidence Tracker and Armed Customer Service Representative.

Well to me, it's a toss. I think it's almost as important to investigate you as it is to investigate FRAYDO. By investigating FRAYDO, we'll get the Spyglass back while having the potential to put him in jail. On the otherhand, if we investigate you, we have the chance of catching you in your lies and potentially jailing you as well.

2 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

I like that Orange, despite being found hostile and outright jailed, still has a 5% chance of being Town. Like maybe you jailed the wrong person.

:b Yeah, well I try to keep an open mind, but it should probably be more like 1 or 2%. Though since he's jailed, he'll also face a trial and legally all are considered innocent until proven guilty, so :v

Other than my status for today reading as Innocent, and the fact that I always have been any other day save for the investigation that uncovered evidence on me that I was unaware of and subsequently got me locked up, I suppose I can't say much to prove my innocence.

My defense, if it would please the court, is that I have taken no hostile actions ever. Only since World Tension hit 40% was my target switch ability made available to use. Before then I had no actions to take other than ##Pass and until recently acquiring the Spyglass I had no other items in my possession. As the investigation appears to be coming my way, you will know this to be true. As a result of my target switch on Category5, I also have the other known piece of evidence as I have mentioned earlier. I know this as I have a new section in my role PM that reads "Carries evidence: Yes" (that should answer also Retaliation's earlier question regarding that aspect).

Of course, I likely have not swayed you to understand that I am truly Innocent. Regardless, you have my statement.

I've been Innocent the whole time. Started that way, stayed that way since. I mean, Jeod didn't have a status change until he threw the damn thing, not on pickup.

And that still doesn't answer my question. How did you drop from Suspicious to Innocent? And for that matter, how did you retain that status after switching Cat5's actions?

I'm pretty inclined to believe Fraydo to be a good boy right now.

He knows my play style and that I would have actually shot someone had he asked. Yet he just kept quiet. I don't know if he thought it was the stupidest scum trap in history, or that I'm the stupidisdst stupidz who stupided.

Shame that my gun is CONSISTENTLY USELESS @Nodlied :cop::cop:

I'd rather it had been a mystery item rather than this thing I can't use right now. Or at least given it a proper description of what activates it. I'm just assuming it's world tension right now.

And I also seem to have impeccable timing for not visiting people when I'm being watched.

2 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

VERTi60, how did you use the Typewriter the same night you got it out of the vault? It shouldn't have been usable until the next night.

It's just a gimmick item, everyone knows about it and it doesn't affect the game at all so why not? It's for fun mostly :p

6 hours ago, Retaliation said:

I don't think you understand my point that evidence doesn't exist until it is generated by an investigation. I don't know if nodlied assigned the pieces of evidence to be generated when the game began, or he randomly selects one when someone who can have evidence is investigated. That's partly why I asked if anyone had "carries evidence: yes" in their PM, to figure out if it's generated by investigation.

I said the same thing to cat5 before. But then again if its generated still quite a lot of people don't have them. I guess we just have to investigate everyone really.