[Game Over] The July Crisis Mafia

Nodlied

4 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

French involvement is fake, as it did nothing when I moved it to the truth box.

We're still missing 4(!) true pieces.

At this rate I think lynching (which may as well become possible next day) would be quicker victory.

Why the hell would it bring us quicker victory? Evidence gets transferred to the vault regardless of the status of the person that it was found on. The only difference would be eliminating players and possibly increasing world tension, which we want to avoid because we LOSE if it reaches 100%. The only person I would be okay with lynching would be possibly FRAYDO, and only because of how he's somehow managing to evade punishment despite being obviously scum.

Gimme my grenade back, or at least pass it to someone like Retaliation or Cat5. With how trigger happy you are, I don't trust you with a weapon.

##investigate Mojoman

To be completely honest, there has to be some evidence on me. So we can lynch Fraydo tomorrow, but today would be a good day to fully clear me and to get evidence off me (I was innocent before but am now suspicious).

33 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

##investigate Mojoman

To be completely honest, there has to be some evidence on me. So we can lynch Fraydo tomorrow, but today would be a good day to fully clear me and to get evidence off me (I was innocent before but am now suspicious).

Why did your status change? This goes for FRADYO as well.

5 minutes ago, Killing You said:

My PM says that I don't carry evidence. Guess today's a perfect day to test Retaliation's generation theory.

I think we've mostly confirmed it with Orange. I doubt scum can make fake evidence because fake evidence still advances our win condition.

FRAYDO's status and nationality change is quite curious and needs a response, but he did bring up a rather interesting point that I think Vert should answer too, regarding why he didn't immediately takeover for Jeod on death.

I feel like the Spyglass is only able to help retrieve uncovered evidence. If there isn't any evidence "generated" yet, then I don't think there's a point to it. And Vert said he wasn't told whether he had evidence or not? Odd. Mine says that I don't have any.

CK and Vert, I think KY, FRAYDO, Vert (obviously it'd be CK tracking here), and Mojoman would be the best people to track tonight.

Mojoman, how did you become suspicious?

3 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

FRAYDO's status and nationality change is quite curious and needs a response, but he did bring up a rather interesting point that I think Vert should answer too, regarding why he didn't immediately takeover for Jeod on death.

Because I needed to use a night action first - e.g. confirm I want to backup Jeod or wait for someone else to backup.

15 hours ago, Mojoman said:

##investigate Mojoman

Counted and will be shown in the end day cvc.

Sorry about my absence today. Didn't think I'd be done with work as late as 21:30.

I5I6t6w.png

gCNwFjS.png

The day has come to an end and it is time to tally up the votes. Looks like Killing You is going to be investigated. His real name is Vaso Cubrilovic and he is a Bosnian national.

Vaso_Čubrilović.jpg

He currently has no items. But what about the man himself? Well, looks like he's Innocent and thus he is free to go.

Additionally, you have nominated ... meh, you know who (Cat5) to gain access to the vault tonight.

Good news, we have found new evidence!
''Instruction on the assassination of the Archduke''
''As our youngest member, you are to take part in the assassination attempt on the Austro-Hungarian Archduke. We've received some help from the Austro-Hungarian border guards, allowing us to smuggle the weapons to Sarajevo. Wait until the motorcade comes past you and throw a grenade into the car. With the archduke dead, we can go ahead with our plans.''

Sleep well everyone. Oh, and don't forget to send in your night actions at least one hour before day time!

~24 hours remain until the end of the night!

---------------------------

Small mod announcement here. I've been far busier today than anticipated. Speaking to the first half of the parents took longer than I thought and I only managed to get home around 15 minutes before hammer. Because I believe that the same will occur tommorrow I will throw Voe at the night results. So if the next day phase starts a bit later, don't be too harsh on him. :v

Please wait with your night actions until I've updated your night profiles.

39 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Small mod announcement here. I've been far busier today than anticipated. Speaking to the first half of the parents took longer than I thought and I only managed to get home around 15 minutes before hammer. Because I believe that the same will occur tommorrow I will throw Voe at the night results. So if the next day phase starts a bit later, don't be too harsh on him. :v

It's an abuse!

Sounds like visiting FRAYDO ups your suspicion.

This evidence seems to be the first one so obviously about a specific player. Seems odd.

Also, wasn't Orange's supposed to be in the truth locker, or was it moved back last night? I've lost track of where things should be.

5 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Also, wasn't Orange's supposed to be in the truth locker, or was it moved back last night? I've lost track of where things should be.

I've put it to truth box but since it did nothing (fake), retal moved it back last night after I asked him to.

See guys? I've been telling the truth.

As for my name, before you go Wikipedia Warrior on my ass, keep in mind that Nodlied did say he'd be making some differences. Based on everything I've seen, the "canon" (AKA real life) ending would involve me trying to react violently to suspicion and getting myself arrested.

As for the grenade and evidence, they were both given to me by my brother, who has managed to escape. The orders were meant for him.

Look, I don't know what else to say, but my innocence should speak for myself. Think, at any moment, I could've easily pushed the investigation to someone else. I could've made up some BS a la OrangeP47 as to why investigating me would be a bad idea. But I never did. I even voted myself and kept the investigation on me. Ask yourself... why would I do this if my goal was anti-town?

On 8/20/2017 at 7:36 AM, VERTi60 said:

Fraydo, you should be explaining to us why you are Austrian now when back then you were Serbian. Sounds like perfect warmonger in disguise, just saying.

I believe all of the concussions are making me forget who I am. :v

Funny that you bring up the "perfect warmonger". I was thinking just the same of you. Who is a better warmonger than one who possesses all of the items? It's even more interesting that you had the choice of who to "backup", deciding whether to confirm it at the time to assume their role and abilities or to instead wait for someone else for die. That's very opportunistic of you, and your warmonger tendencies are certainly showing more by the day. On your quest to acquire all of the items, I assume Mojoman's gun will be the next addition to your collection. You'll then push for the lynch on me, but not before pulling the trigger and hoping to kill me that way first. It's this hostile behavior that will see you behind bars.

On 8/20/2017 at 6:58 PM, VERTi60 said:

At this rate I think lynching (which may as well become possible next day) would be quicker victory.

A quicker victory for you, perhaps. Every action of yours thus far has only served to raise World Tension, and by lynching players you will have less targets to choose from for when you decide on who to throw the Grenade to next. Add to that the possibility of you stealing the gun, and you now possess two items with which to kill. Assuming your lynch is successful, and RNG is on your side for both weapons (assuming the Gun relies on hit/miss chance), you have just killed three people in a single day.

23 hours ago, Mojoman said:

Quite the change of heart, Mojoman. From "I'm inclined to believe Fraydo to be a good boy" to "we can lynch Fraydo tomorrow". You wound me.

tumblr_mylbtwnNvM1s26xido1_400.gif

23 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm curious if there is a difference between people who are told they are not carrying evidence (e.g. me) and people who aren't told either way (e.g. VERTi60). Can people clarify which camp they belong to?

Told I was carrying no evidence, something was found on me. I will note that when I received your piece of evidence and Spyglass it did tell me then that I had evidence.]

23 hours ago, Retaliation said:

Why did your status change? This goes for FRADYO as well.

Regarding status changes, I have a theory. I believe it changes in response to our actions, which probably sounds like "no, duh", but there is more to it. Just as hostile and subversive actions raise World Tension, undertaking such actions should also reflect on your current status for the day. With this reasoning, this explains my Innocent status, Mojoman's Suspicious status, and Retaliation's Hostile status. As I have done nothing deemed hostile, I am Innocent. Mojoman's status I will get to later. As for Retaliation, beating people senseless can be taken as a hostile action and thus his status.

In Mojoman's case, I believe his status change is a result of handing his gun off. Why does that him suspicious? Let's read the excerpt we have just received from today's investigation.

"We've received some help from the Austro-Hungarian border guards, allowing us to smuggle the weapons to Sarajevo."

Should the evidence and Mojoman be connected, we just may have found Orange's scumbuddy. Pulling the trigger himself would be outing himself indefinitely, so why not pass it on and see to it that Town kills one another? The fact that he has passed it off would mean he and Category may have decided on someone to shoot whenever the gun becomes available. The concerning thing here is that whoever that target is may be someone scum have been wanting to kill for some time. Category should look back through his discussion with Mojoman and see who Mojoman did not want dead.

5 hours ago, Mojoman said:

I believe I went from innocent to suspicious because someone planted evidence I don't know about on me. Or because I contacted Fraydo. That could be it actually.

An interesting claim, but false. You contacted me N4-D5. You made no mention of a status change until now, when you had passed your gun off. Nice try.

5 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Sounds like visiting FRAYDO ups your suspicion.

Oh? By that logic and me visiting you, are you telling us that you are currently Suspicious? An investigation on you may yet yield new evidence, but this would mean too you would be locked up for that night.

2 hours ago, Killing You said:

As for the grenade and evidence, they were both given to me by my brother, who has managed to escape. The orders were meant for him.

Look, I don't know what else to say, but my innocence should speak for myself. Think, at any moment, I could've easily pushed the investigation to someone else. I could've made up some BS a la OrangeP47 as to why investigating me would be a bad idea. But I never did. I even voted myself and kept the investigation on me. Ask yourself... why would I do this if my goal was anti-town?

Interesting. Up until today's investigation result, you claimed to have no evidence on you. Conversely, you note that this evidence was given to you along with the grenade. You could have pushed the investigation to someone else, and I have a few theories as to why you did not. The fact that you willingly gave away your grenade contradicts most of my theories of you being a Warmonger, but one concept stands: You are buying time. For who or what purpose has yet to come to me.

Regarding tonight, I will stand by what I had said earlier and shall do nothing. (This also makes it easier on Voe :p).Track me to confirm this if you so wish, or take my word for it, or even roleblock me yet again should you feel inclined to. I reiterate my concern of Verti choosing to swipe the gun and maintain that he should be roleblocked tonight. Even if he returns the Spyglass to Category as a show of good faith, he still possesses the Crowbar and it's clearly obvious that his eyes are set on that gun.

1 minute ago, FRAYDO said:

Interesting. Up until today's investigation result, you claimed to have no evidence on you. Conversely, you note that this evidence was given to you along with the grenade.

Yeah I didn't exactly word that explanation correctly. It was a conclusion I drew from my role information and the writing on the note. On the bright side, it confirms the generation theory.

3 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

The fact that you willingly gave away your grenade contradicts most of my theories of you being a Warmonger, but one concept stands: You are buying time. For who or what purpose has yet to come to me.

Even though I won't be able to respond until tomorrow (thanks to post limitations), I'd like to hear your theories. I can assure you, though, that my purpose remains primarily to survive, and secondarily to support town (which is why I was sure I had evidence despite being told that I didn't).

The only way VERTi60 could steal the gun from me is if I hold onto it. Pass actions happen first, so if he goes to me and I've passed, he'll find nothing. If I pass, the only way he can get it is to steal from the person I pass to.

You, on the other hand, FRAYDO, don't have to know what I'm doing to take the gun from me, now do you? FRAYDO must be roleblocked, for not doing so risks my actions being tampered again.

Your innocent status is probably the result of your role. You "convinced me" to give you the things I was interacting with that night. Apparently you have high charisma and can convince people of anything, making it so that we can't prosecute you. I will henceforth call you Ambassador Alba.

I also don't think Mojoman would pass the gun to me if he wanted it used, because I've been saying all game that I think we can do this without resorting to violence. Seems like he would hand it to VERTi60 if that's what he wants.

I've also said before that I am marked as Suspicious, as I have been, since the game started. Since I don't have my spyglass or any other action, I wouldn't be bothered if I was investigated. Think we're running out of time for guesses, though.

We should just lynch FRAYDO because when you ask him a simple question he just dodges around it. We have an idea what causes status changes. We don't need a repeat of what we already think passed off as novel. He's just a distraction that lashes out at people. In one post he's accused 3 people of being warmongers when we already have one locked up. He also doesn't seem to put much stock in Vert's former innocent status.

z0gEujU.png

Thankfully nobody died last night! But the world tension is spiking fast and the Great Powers are seemly not able to solve the crisis. We must work quickly before this spirals out of control. Go forth!

Even though things are getting tense, we still have time to read the newspaper.

TEEa2n5.jpg

As the situation grows more and more desperate, some of you realise that investigating your targets might not be enough! Current world tension enables a new action: ##vote Lynch

Players can cast either an investigation, or a lynch vote. Resolving the day will take into consideration the majority action vote first (either investigating or lynching), and only then the player with most votes in said category! 

Good hunting! The war can still be stopped!

EDITstart: 
Good news! We've discovered new evidence!

''Lead on the assassins''
''During the interrogation of the assassin Gavrilo Princip, we have discovered that the Black Hand managed to smuggle their weapons into Bosnia unnoticed, finding out how this was done will surely lead us to those responsible for the crisis!''

EDITend: (The CVC below does not take the found evidence into account.)

20994067_1548561101857265_70379482478875

As the crisis evolves, so does the atmosphere of danger and threat!

It's also my favourite track of Death or Dishonor so bear with me! ~Voe

~48 hours remain until the end of the day!

Speaking off topic, I did not anticipate that the avatar I chose for this game and the tragically killed person portrayed on it would become a subject of dank maymays.

Also sorry for the delay. 20 google docs 50 pages each plus 30 excel tables and spreadsheets plus a potato laptop which freezes upon scrolling any google doc makes it super hard to process at a reasonable rate.

I think we're at a point where we can be sure to win the game if we just go for evidence investigations. 3 pieces of evidence and we can be sure me and cat 5 have some on us. Just have to figure out if mojo or Irish would have the last piece.

We could also just lynch FRAYDO, but I don't know if I want to risk a loss if we're wrong. Especially since the gun has to unlock at some point.