[Game Over] The July Crisis Mafia

Nodlied

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

In retrospect, ideal scum strategy was to get investigated early, because as soon as we NKed we were hostile. Unfortunately, the turn night kills became available, CK was in jail, and I was up next on the chopping block no matter what happened, once that pendulum swung.

TBH the game felt a bit on the town side, with so many PRs (I started as vanilla btw with just backup action). Also town had too many safe proofs.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

Vertigo killed the final scum only because his gun, by a complete coincidence, couldn't shoot anyone else.

It's like hitting a jackpot in a lottery where you can only cross out 5, and 5 is the only number that ever rolls out.

Hence I posted jackpot_animation_dribbble.gif

Just now, VERTi60 said:

TBH the game felt a bit on the town side, with so many PRs (I started as vanilla btw with just backup action). Also town had too many safe proofs.

TBH if i let you kill Retaliation as you originally wanted, you'd have lost the game tonight through world tension. You're welcome.

You know, I am honestly amazed I lasted as long as I did.

I didn't know Orange was my scum buddy until N1.
A single tracking action made me "Suspicious". GG.
We didn't get NKs until N3.
NK makes you instantly "Hostile".
We also had no idea how to increase WT.
We had no idea how to use "fake" evidence to our advantage.
Also town had foolproof gun and "lynches" which only eliminated "undesirables".

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

IIRC I started the train on you because Irish had a point that we didn't know anything about you. Then you accidentally claimed in a way that both me and Irish knew you were lying.

It would have been a shakey case I could have more easily dodged if FRAYDO wasn't under intense scrutiny and that nomination though. I couldn't start defending FRAYDO obviously, and the "it's concindence" would have probably dug the hole deeper.

I'll admit the claim was a bit awkward, but it was a desperate attempt to change strategies, and I'd say it actually worked better than I expected, just not well enough.

Additionally, I also could have locked your gun after you incorrectly shot it for the second time, so you're welcome a second time :v

Plus, if I didn't mess up the world tension and had not needed to reduce the pistol shot WT requirement from 75% to 70%, you wouldn't have shot at all :v

1 minute ago, Voe said:

Additionally, I also could have locked your gun after you incorrectly shot it for the second time, so you're welcome a second time :v

Plus, if I didn't mess up the world tension and had not needed to reduce the pistol shot WT requirement from 75% to 70%, you wouldn't have shot at all :v

I wov you.

2 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

What was your deal/objective?

Eliminate the Austro-Hungarians. Which (at least from what I could tell) meant either siccing scum on them (somehow) or killing them all in broad daylight, one per day due to restrictions. From what I can tell, there were 4(!) to kill, and only one was scum proper, the other acting scummy enough I could talk my way out of it. It's also part of why I pushed for you when Orange was also on the chopping block; I wanted Orange to NK Cat5, then get Orange lynched, and then I'd only have FRAYDO and Retal left. I could save Retal for last in that case. But it was very much... if even one thing went wrong (which it did) I had no possible way of a backup plan.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

I am getting a strange desire to not play games with Voe as GM >_>

Just now, Killing You said:

Eliminate the Austro-Hungarians. Which (at least from what I could tell) meant either siccing scum on them (somehow) or killing them all in broad daylight, one per day due to restrictions. From what I can tell, there were 4(!) to kill, and only one was scum proper, the other acting scummy enough I could talk my way out of it. It's also part of why I pushed for you when Orange was also on the chopping block; I wanted Orange to NK Cat5, then get Orange lynched, and then I'd only have FRAYDO and Retal left. I could save Retal for last in that case. But it was very much... if even one thing went wrong (which it did) I had no possible way of a backup plan.

I wasn't austro hungarian. So why you tried to go after me so hard? :p

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

Would our plan to have vert shoot chaos and then investigate him work if FRAYDO was scum?

We really didn't have time to do anything else other than what voe has written: "Eliminate the warmonger"

1 minute ago, Chaos_Knight said:

I am getting a strange desire to not play games with Voe as GM >_>

It wouldn't have been a problem if vertigo just swallowed it and accepted that he cannot use his gun in the end, but instead he spammed 3 straight pages threatening people and tried breaking the game in response. Was i supposed to modkill him, let him suicide?

Heh, possibilities, objectives and roles (I told you wankers not to spoil your roles, or at least the ones who know I'm talking about them.) will be known after I come up with the game end post with all links, a video, player thoughts, awards and post-game-experiment thoughts.

Just now, VERTi60 said:

I wasn't austro hungarian. So why you tried to go after me so hard? :p

A) Townie points in case you were scum.

B) Lead to my investigation (which would prove my innocence) if you were town.

C) Either way, give Orange an opportunity to get Cat5 (another target of mine) out of the way for me, which in turn would turn him Hostile and get him out of the way the next day.

While there was no downside for town to investigate Orange, there was also no downside for me to invesitgate you.

Just now, Voe said:

It wouldn't have been a problem if vertigo just swallowed it and accepted that he cannot use his gun in the end, but instead he spammed 3 straight pages threatening people and tried breaking the game in response. Was i supposed to modkill him, let him suicide?

Now I was just looking at "You are welcome" list :v

Just now, Voe said:

Voe just woves me, I wov him back. Slav force!

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

A) Townie points in case you were scum.

B) Lead to my investigation (which would prove my innocence) if you were town.

C) Either way, give Orange an opportunity to get Cat5 (another target of mine) out of the way for me, which in turn would turn him Hostile and get him out of the way the next day.

While there was no downside for town to investigate Orange, there was also no downside for me to invesitgate you.

You should kept the Grenade. Just sayin. :D

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

I actually did try and nightkill Cat 5 but got roleblocked :p

Just now, VERTi60 said:

Voe just woves me, I wov him back. Slav force!

You better give me a really messed up power role in the next mafia you host :v 

Just now, VERTi60 said:

You should kept the Grenade. Just sayin. :D

With those stats? Pfft. I figured there would be a better weapon out there (which there was), and if the grenade was my only option I could just take it back whenever.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I actually did try and nightkill Cat 5 but got roleblocked :p

"A" for effort, I suppose.