[Game Over] The July Crisis Mafia

Nodlied

On 7/25/2017 at 5:57 PM, Nodlied said:

The Vault and Evidence Locker  

During the day, a player can be voted on to visit the vault with ##VoteNominate <Player Name>. The vault holds confiscated and deposited items, one of which can be taken if the chosen players wishes to. Additionally, the vault hosts the evidence locker which holds all the evidence and players that have access to the vault can put the evidence in two different kinds of boxes. The first being the standard evidence locker and the second one being the table on which the evidence is presented as truth. Depending on how much evidence is uncovered and how much evidence is placed in the correct box, the evidence meter will go up or down.

This is what I'm mainly referencing, by the way.

6 hours ago, Jeod said:

This is the one important quote I'd like to point out of all the ones who took my American claim as an actual nationality claim. It might just be me, but this looks like it comes from the scum perspective. You read my nationality and immediately considered whether it would match up with a power role, when in fact there is no evidence yet to prove that nationality and role have any correlation. This tells me two things:

1) You are on the lookout for power roles and have them at the front of your mind

2) You already suspect there is a link between nationality and role

Both points are scum perspective.

You're reading too much into my post. Admittedly, I took your nationality claim too seriously (my bad), but my thought process was that you were lying to appear innocent, since (again) America had nothing to do with the start of WW1, and therefore Americans wouldn't be in this game. "Lynch All Liars," as they say, was on my mind, even though I just want you investigated as opposed to lynched. Nice job jumping on that post, though. Do you always have to make sure someone's in the spotlight?

Now, as for having someone visiting the evidence locker, I'm inclined to agree that Cat5 should be the one to go there. I generally consider him the most trustworthy player here, and so far his posts have me along that mindset.

##nominate Cat5

1 hour ago, Mojoman said:

I actually want Jeod to visit the evidence locker. Seems that would be more interesting than Cat_5. I'd rather put someone in there that is of dubious trustfuliness. Better setup that way.

##nominate Jeod

1 hour ago, Mojoman said:

A direct claim, yes. I am from Serbia.

Ever the agent of chaos, aren't you Mojo? Wanting to send someone of "dubious trustfulness" for a "better setup" and a direct nationality claim D1.

Past choosing between Jeod and Category5 for today's investigation we now are choosing between the same two for nominations. While I agree that the person who is investigated should also be nominated for the evidence vault and I have my investigation vote on Jeod, I actually want to propose nominating Orange to visit the vault. I'm reading him as trustworthy and I would still like for Category5 to be investigated before being allowed access to the evidence locker.

##Nominate OrangeP47

I don't know about this doubling up on the investigation/nomination idea. I don't think that's how it works? If you're being investigated, you can't have access to the vault, right? I think doubling up would only be an effective tactic if we agreed that we want nobody to have access to it.

On 8/2/2017 at 5:10 PM, Nodlied said:

Hopefully we will be able to uncover the truth and prevent the crisis from escalating. Find all evidence leading to the perpetrators and see if you can connect the dots and disregard all fake evidence.

On 8/2/2017 at 5:10 PM, Nodlied said:

Town will win by uncovering all true evidence and putting it in the ''truth'' box in the vault document or by eliminating all non-town from the game.

I'll be honest, I kind of glossed over these before, but yeah, we're certain that there is false evidence. And FRAYDO, I don't think we should send both the person we're investigating and the person we want to nominate, if we even can. If we did, they could easily place false evidence in our truth box, causing us to fail our other objective. Orange is reading town for me as well right now, but I'm still more certain about Cat5. Right now I think Jeod would be the best to investigate while Cat5 would be the best to nominate.

7 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

But I can now say that I no longer wish to investigate Cat5, he's proven his innocence.

##nominate Category 5

Your investigation vote is still on though. :v 

Also, your nomination vote has been counted!

6 hours ago, Killing You said:

##nominate Cat5

Counted

5 hours ago, Mojoman said:

##nominate Jeod

Counted

4 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

##Nominate OrangeP47

Counted

HwvVz0L.png

Only ~10:30 hours until hammer.

Well, from what I can tell about the evidence thingy is that true one would raise the "Evidence" bar while fake one would not. At least that's what I've gathered from the OP. So I don't think we can actually "Fail" with the fake evidence, just we won't uncover the truth untill all misleading items are removed from the "truth" box.

##investigate Jeod

Even though I'd say it's unreliable atm, I'd still prefer to investigate Jeod for now. Since he has the tendency to lead town around, at least we'd know more about who he is.

Mojoman thinks we can kill two birds with one stone by sending me to the locker while investigating Cat5. I think he believes it will be easy to figure out if I'm lying when I tell you what I found out. The vice versa is just as effective, though, and I'm completely okay with sending Cat5 to the locker. After all, if players aren't innocent, then they can't take night actions, and Cat5 doesn't appear to be afraid of that.

##nominate Category 5

##investigate Jeod

31 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

We don't have hammer for investigate, right? In a system with multiple vote types that seems like a bad idea to end early but I want to be sure.

You are able to hammer somebody. But it will still require a majority of the players to happen, aka standard rules. But having the majority of the votes on one player spread between investigation and lynching will not cause a hammer.

Next cvc in about an hour.

Well, I'm ready to jump on the train. I have a doctor's appointment soon I have to leave for, but I'll be back way before end of day, so I'll just wait until I get back to see if there's any real pressing arguments before it's all aboard.

Hmm, I don't exactly mind being nominated, as it would be nice to see what that does firsthand and then I can report to everybody else, but I'm concerned that all I can do with it is place evidence that I might have in boxes, and look through confiscated items. If that is correct, there won't be anything I can do. I have no evidence of any kind.

That said, I wonder if anyone has evidence right now. It might be better if someone else has evidence, as long as we can trust that person.

I'm fine with the current proceedings, but I'm not going to place Jeod 'on the button' so to speak, so I'll hold my vote.

Cat 5:  I imagine evidence is primarily gained through investigating people, in which case we might have some to work with D1/N1 through whatever we find investigating people. Regardless, even if it's not a glamorous job, it's best not to squander the chance, and people seem to trust you to do it. Even just reporting what all you can do in there will be a decent help for planning D2.

Given that I'm the investigation target, and that I don't know what all investigations reveal, and given that I'm not a super fancy power role, I think it's ok to tell a bit about my role.

I'm an American journalist caught up in this fiasco while reporting on the Second Balkan war. Townsided of course, not task force. My status is innocent, so I'll be released and free to perform my night action, but here's the real kicker: I have a typewriter in my possession. It might be confiscated or not, I have no idea yet, but in the event that it is, I would like to have it back if Category 5 can pass it to me during the night.

I can use the typewriter at night to write a "piece of text" at night to be included in the next day post. In a way, I can be the medium for anonymously reporting investigation results or other important night actions, assuming players have the ability to pass messages without publicly posting them. This is why I'm perfectly fine with being investigated--for the typewriter ability to function as I envision it, I need to be trusted by power roles.

For the purpose of placing votes, I'm going to mark my top suspect for investigation. I don't actually want him investigated, but I don't want to early hammer either, but I still want to place a vote.

So ##voteinvestigate FRAYDO, and ##nominate @VERTi60 because he hasn't said a word and I want to tag him.

9XjMwER.png

YdMZ2X8.png

The day has come to an end and it is time to tally up the votes. Looks like Jeod is going to be investigated. His real name is Joe Bronson and is an American national.

journo.jpg

He currently has a Typewriter at his disposal. But what about his status as a person? Is he a spy? Nah, it looks like he's Innocent, meaning he'll be released immediately. At least for now.

Additionally, you have nominated Category 5 to access the vault tonight!

Sleep well everyone. Oh, and don't forget to send in your night actions at least one hour before day time! I'll be updating your night profiles now. So give me moment. :v

~24 hours remain until the end of the night!

EDIT: Totally forgot Jeod's face. :v