Risk

Anyone with a smart device want to play Risk? Android or Apple? It's free. And no handing out your phone number over W3D Hub :p It has its own friend list with usernames. Unfortunately, they're randomly generated. While I wish I could be Jeod, the app has bestowed upon me the glorious laughable name of "Delmar Justice 7".

Was able to change my Game Center name, been forever since I used it. I go by 'JeodCripto'. Add me! :v

W3D Players

Jeod - 'Delmar Justice 7' to add (ingame name: JeodCripto)

FRAYDO - 'Luigi De Luca 7' to add (ingame name: hellofraydohere)

OrangeP47 - 'Stefan Bismarck 7' to add

1 minute ago, FRAYDO said:

Signed up via the apple gamecenter, so you can find me as hellofraydohere

I have iOS10 so the game center icon is greyed out when I go to add a friend. Should be a 'RISK profile' signup in the app's settings. That's the name it wants you to use when adding a friend unless you're using facebook.

6 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

I prefer the tabletop version :p

In 1996, hasbro released a windows/dos game that is absolutely identical to the classic table top game. It looks like they just scanned an image of the actual board haha. They released it for 32-bit in 1997 and that version still works all the way up to windows 10! It would be cool to try to get some folks playing that as well if there is interest. I should be able to upload it without issue as it is abandonware.

/BackOnTopic

Great idea, i'll check out the mobile one!

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

It looks like they just scanned an image of the actual board haha. They released it for 32-bit in 1997 and that version still works all the way up to windows 10!

Of the "digital" versions, I only played MicroProse's Risk II from 2000. It's okay and neatly configurable, but the multiplayer only makes sense if you don't have the boardgame handy. Don't know when I last played it, but it shouldn't be a problem to get it running either.

Also, the 1993 boardgame visage FTW.

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

In 1996, hasbro released a windows/dos game that is absolutely identical to the classic table top game. It looks like they just scanned an image of the actual board haha. They released it for 32-bit in 1997 and that version still works all the way up to windows 10! It would be cool to try to get some folks playing that as well if there is interest. I should be able to upload it without issue as it is abandonware.

/BackOnTopic

Great idea, i'll check out the mobile one!

My CD of that is too scratched up but every once in awhile I try and make it work despite that because I'm nostalgic :(

I'm interested in playing, but can't sign up at the moment. I'll get on it eventually.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

My CD of that is too scratched up but every once in awhile I try and make it work despite that because I'm nostalgic :(

Oh you have it on disk too? Cool :D I have an original actually, but I never use it for fear of damaging it worse, and its not very big so I just keep it in a zip file on my PC. I'll get on uploading that one day soon.

If it's the same one we're talking about.  The type that had both classic mode and then "ultimate" mode where you could use tactics cards and stuff.  I'm pretty sure that's the Hasbro version.

This is how new I am to smartphones.  I'm amazed I can tell risk to install on my phone from my desktop...

I'm Stefan Bismarck 7 apparently, and I'm trying to change my ingame name but we'll see.

You're killing me.... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I spent probably 100s of hours growing up playing that. It was the most impressive thing our windows 98 machine could do when I was a kid (we didn't have the internet, and then later, very crappy internet.... not much has changed on that front :p )

In other news, successfully made a google play games account so I can be found under OrangeP47 as well.

12 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

In other news, successfully made a google play games account so I can be found under OrangeP47 as well.

Added you! 3 is enough for a game. :)

15 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

How do you actually add people? The only screen I found that seemed like it seemed to be the 'start game' screen.

I use the option to start a game with friends and then invite friends from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Alternatively, have any of you used Conquer Club before? It's free as well and has many more features than this risk, is a simple website so can access it from anywhere, and allows for non-real time games where you can give someone a full day to take their turn so we don't all have to be on at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...