TS: Reborn July 2017 Update

9 hours ago, AZ-Stalker said:

Although, there are still things that have yet to be noticed and deciphered from the image. Keep at it everyone!

Although a huge part of me wants to mess with layers and overlays on the image for 2 hours until it reveals something I have a lot of work to do rn XD

If I do go ahead with that plan I'll post any finds 

16 hours ago, NoSpoons said:

Although a huge part of me wants to mess with layers and overlays on the image for 2 hours until it reveals something

In the spirit of saving people hours of work that might not turn fruitful, a pointer - there may or may not be some more text somewhere.

That wolverine first person pilot view is awesome! I can now look my opponents straight in the eyes as I fire at them. ? . Maybe the tick tank will get a cool turret camera option for when it deploys. 

Lastly: I remember a while ago timeaura was working on a core defender. Maybe that old project was given new life and revived.

On 8/1/2017 at 7:42 PM, Raptor29aa said:

Lastly: I remember a while ago timeaura was working on a core defender. Maybe that old project was given new life and revived.

You might be thinking of forg. I do remember him posting updates on that back at BHP. Even was doing work on his own map back then too.

@forg0ten1

3 hours ago, AZREAL said:

Sweet looking forward to this and sry for being gone for so long I'm back now. Had to do some rl stuff like now I have a son :) my tiny GDI officer in training. 

Welcome back, Commander. :)

On 02/08/2017 at 2:42 AM, Raptor29aa said:

That wolverine first person pilot view is awesome! I can now look my opponents straight in the eyes as I fire at them. ? . Maybe the tick tank will get a cool turret camera option for when it deploys. 

Yeah I always avoided getting wolves because they were so much harder to aim at infantry with, this has rectified it and now those cyborgs are in for a whoppen :D

On 2.8.2017 at 2:42 AM, Raptor29aa said:

It wasnt me. It was forg0ten.

Nice to see progress. Hopefully we will get a lot 20+ people matches after 2.0 is live. Nice to see my maps back. Im really happy how Tiber, Omega City and Dam turned out regarding playabilty. Perhaps I will have some time to make 1 or 2 new maps after release, alltough I must admit that its not easy to create fun Reborn maps,

So the other day, I was just going about my day, being super salty about how Nod was completely underpowered as I usually am, complaining to my friends about how they really needed that Core Defender in Reborn

I mean, they're implementing Limpet drones from Firestorm now right? So why not give Nod the Core Defender as well? You might think it's overpowered but just give GDI some way of destroying bridges from underneath it and they should be fine, like in the original game

Emboldened by these thoughts, I was taking another, more careful look at the mysterious image

And I noticed something odd.

Like, there's some kind of weird pixels in the upper-left corner

2wp8nxj.jpg

Hmm...Maybe I could use my CSI zoom-enhance tool on it?

14ik403.jpg

I KNEW IT!

Edited by GaryOak

I hope it will be a core defender light version. Otherwise it will be too tall and nearly indestructable. :) I lost like 50 tick tanks and titans in that fire storm final missions.

But a core defnder will help to balance Nod in late game.

8 hours ago, Timeaua said:

I hope it will be a core defender light version. Otherwise it will be too tall and nearly indestructable. :) I lost like 50 tick tanks and titans in that fire storm final missions.

But a core defnder will help to balance Nod in late game.

If you didn't get it; the image is (I think quite obviously) fake, lol

10 hours ago, delta said:

Ehh, if Nod is underpowered, then why not just buff some of their units? A Core Defender, even a considerably downgraded one, wouldn't seem to fit in.

Now I'm kind of starting to doubt whether the sarcasm in my posts is visible at all

I mean, the core defender actually handled 30 titans with ease in Firestorm -- even a very very downgraded core defender would obviously be way overpowered in Reborn

Not only that, but it wasn't even a Nod unit to begin with, strictly speaking. Only CABAL used it in that one special occasion. 

On 6-8-2017 at 7:11 AM, GaryOak said:

So the other day, I was just going about my day, being super salty about how Nod was completely underpowered as I usually am, complaining to my friends about how they really needed that Core Defender in Reborn

I mean, they're implementing Limpet drones from Firestorm now right? So why not give Nod the Core Defender as well? You might think it's overpowered but just give GDI some way of destroying bridges from underneath it and they should be fine, like in the original game

You didn't really think I was serious here, I hope :biggrin:

from what I understand, Nod ended up reverse engineering the core defender after firestorm, and came up with the avatar in cnc3. so maybe they could have some sort of avatar prototype in rebarn since it takes place after firestorm I believe

There has been talk about removing the insanely huge Mammoth off most maps which cannot effectively accommodate it, to balance things out and make gameplay flow better. It's clunky in it's current state as is... so I doubt that  an overpower balance issue will persist, if anything comes from that piece of ideation. We'll see what happens as 2.0 work continues (I'm not up to speed on all of the changes that are coming, so this might be outdated news). Plus there's also the unit balance overhaul that's happening, that's a thing too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2017 at 0:00 PM, GaryOak said:

Now I'm kind of starting to doubt whether the sarcasm in my posts is visible at all

----

You didn't really think I was serious here, I hope :biggrin:

Oh, lol. That's why you stick some silly smiley faces at the end of your post: :v :aaa: :dance: :argh::doge:

• 4 months later...
On 7/28/2017 at 6:18 PM, AZ-Stalker said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'd point out the glory of punctuation, but I don't think it would save the post I'd be referring to, even if I did.

Has anyone taken a crack at figuring out what the scrambled visual feed shows yet?

It looks like it could be CABAL. If you look closely, you can just make out what appears to be an eye in the middle of the blue mess.

2 hours ago, DerFlammenwerfer said:

It looks like it could be CABAL. If you look closely, you can just make out what appears to be an eye in the middle of the blue mess.

2 hours ago, DerFlammenwerfer said:

It’s a tiberium life form... mystery solved.