Server Rules tab for the W3D Launcher

A Server Rules tab should be added to the W3D Launcher. It's safe to say that a majority of the community uses this tool to access the game servers, and if they see this tab they might check it out to make sure that they're aware of the rules.

ut6XEB8.jpg?1

Basically when you click this tab it shows different sections for different games (APB, Reborn, etc.) listing their respective rules.

48 minutes ago, Einstein said:

A great idea no doubt, but wasn't it planned to have the rules displayed ingame somewhere as well? A help-like screen or something?

I don't know. Maybe pressing one of the F keys could display the server rules?

9 hours ago, Testament said:

It'd be better on the launcher, cause then you could have the rules for each game listed there in one convenient location

8 hours ago, Mojoman said:

Yeah the launcher for sure. Much easier than some random hot key in game that makes you stand there for 5 mins.

Pretty much what I was thinking. 

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL, DIDN'T YOU KNOW?

In any case, any additions and changes to the W3D Hub Launcher would have to wait until danpaul88 swings around. To go along with your suggested rules, we also once had a suggestion to add the Allied TRADOC and Soviet Field Manual to the launcher to help familiarize newcomers with the game and its aspects.

Spoiler

The original thread is long gone, first made in the late days of BHP, although devilslayersbane reposted it here on W3D Hub.
https://w3dhub.com/forum/topic/415532-allied-tradoc-and-soviet-fm/

Allied Training Document
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aAG5B8fzQ9YeAv80EAvgNo47NKEuyPpls-1Z0x66bDo/edit?usp=sharing

Soviet Field Manual
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w7oMcZq0Iteylw-Zw-8AVr2E7f07-9_8qYO8And6v8Y/edit?usp=sharing

On 2017. 07. 30. at 2:47 AM, NodGuy said:

A Server Rules tab should be added to the W3D Launcher. It's safe to say that a majority of the community uses this tool to access the game servers, and if they see this tab they might check it out to make sure that they're aware of the rules.

ut6XEB8.jpg?1

Basically when you click this tab it shows different sections for different games (APB, Reborn, etc.) listing their respective rules.

Server rules can be server specific, so it would be a little problematic if there were 2 APB servers next week which are for the same game, but have a different set of rules. Rules could appear in the server browser next to each server though, but a tab to me would be strange for the reason I stated.

Not against the tab thing, but having them ingame would be valuable as well. What if there is a question about them ingame? GOTTA LEAVE NOW :( Nah! Add a bot command like !rules that displays all da rules in the green PM text! It would also be accommodating to the multiple servers with different rule-sets situation.

(I hear things like this are also pretty simple to do, and they don't require dp88 either)

On 8/1/2017 at 0:26 AM, FRAYDO said:

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL, DIDN'T YOU KNOW?

In any case, any additions and changes to the W3D Hub Launcher would have to wait until danpaul88 swings around. To go along with your suggested rules, we also once had a suggestion to add the Allied TRADOC and Soviet Field Manual to the launcher to help familiarize newcomers with the game and its aspects.

Hide contents

The original thread is long gone, first made in the late days of BHP, although devilslayersbane reposted it here on W3D Hub.
https://w3dhub.com/forum/topic/415532-allied-tradoc-and-soviet-fm/

Allied Training Document
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aAG5B8fzQ9YeAv80EAvgNo47NKEuyPpls-1Z0x66bDo/edit?usp=sharing

Soviet Field Manual
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w7oMcZq0Iteylw-Zw-8AVr2E7f07-9_8qYO8And6v8Y/edit?usp=sharing

I still have those documents and pushwall, ICE, or anyone who's up for it can send me a PM in order to help update them. Or we could just throw out all of the detailed information about unit stat's altogether and just leave them as-is without. I had a lot of fun creating them. Actually, ICE should still have edit perms. We are still missing many of the vehicle pictures for both documents and on top of that we are also missing an image for the RPG trooper.

11 hours ago, Einstein said:

Not against the tab thing, but having them ingame would be valuable as well. What if there is a question about them ingame? GOTTA LEAVE NOW :( Nah! Add a bot command like !rules that displays all da rules in the green PM text! It would also be accommodating to the multiple servers with different rule-sets situation.

(I hear things like this are also pretty simple to do, and they don't require dp88 either)

I thought there was a !rules or !serverrules command already?

Could we stop writing just "Reborn" everywhere and start using TSR? I don't call APB "Beyond". We even don't show enough respect to the game at some places on the main site by calling it "Reborn" while other games have full names listed. In the staff section too, for every admin and leader it's the full name, except for Wally "Leader of Reborn". /end nitpick

10 minutes ago, AZ-Stalker said:

Could we stop writing just "Reborn" everywhere and start using TSR? I don't call APB "Beyond". We even don't show enough respect to the game at some places on the main site by calling it "Reborn" while other games have full names listed. In the staff section too, for every admin and leader it's the full name, except for Wally "Leader of Reborn". /end nitpick

But the difference here is that TSR's original name was "Reborn." Nobody will know what you are talking about if you say "Beyond."

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

But the difference here is that TSR's original name was "Reborn." Nobody will know what you are talking about if you say "Beyond."

Wallywood specifically stated on numerous occasions that "C&C Reborn" is an out of date and completely different project at this point, and that our project is called "Tiberian Sun: Reborn" as referenced by the current logo, and not the old one. We handled that confusion before on sites like CNCNZ when they used the wrong logo referencing the wrong project version. So keeping references to the former is a bad move.

Call it what it is called. Not what it used to be called. We have quality standards to adhere to and avoiding more confusion just makes sense on its own. Otherwise I'll start calling APB as Ren Alert.

44 minutes ago, AZ-Stalker said:

Otherwise I'll start calling APB as Ren Alert.

Sure to your other points, I agree. RenAlert is an old name yeah, but people will still know what you're talking about, even if it's wrong. :)

AZ-Stalker, while I understand your frustration, the colloquialisms that have arisen with the evolution of RenAlert and C&C Reborn into Red Alert: A Path Beyond and Tiberian Sun: Reborn will not be erased by such a move. It almost sounds like you're trying to make it a rule that no one can even mention "Reborn" when referring to TSR. This is something I do not support, though I admit, I could be stretching your meaning a bit. However, your adamant comments make me believe that I am not, especially since the topic at hand is over server rules. You cannot change how people refer to one thing or another (I say pot(ae)to, you say pot(aw)to). The only thing you can do is call it what you want and brush it off if someone doesn't want to call it that. Intentionally derogatory names aside, I'm not at all for speech police and I will leave the community immediately if something like that were to ever arise.

19 hours ago, devilslayersbane said:

I will leave the community immediately if something like that were to ever arise.

You won't get far, I assure you :v (context required)

4 hours ago, delta said:

Didn't even know there was a difference between Reborn and Tiberian Sun: Reborn.

They are the same project, just "Reborn" was the first name it held. The project as a whole is just vastly different now than in the time when it was known as Reborn, so because of this some feel that it should go by its new name when referenced unless you are actually referencing the super old versions of the project. Thats what I gather anyway. My guess is because it is obviously better now than it was then. Much like RenAlert/APB.

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

They are the same project, just "Reborn" was the first name it held. The project as a whole is just vastly different now than in the time when it was known as Reborn, so because of this some feel that it should go by its new name when referenced unless you are actually referencing the super old versions of the project. Thats what I gather anyway. My guess is because it is obviously better now than it was then. Much like RenAlert/APB.

Oh well I mean, going from Renegade Alert to APB, it's obvious there was a name change...whereas with Reborn to Tiberian Sun: Reborn it just looks mostly the same.