Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NodGuy

Server Rules tab for the W3D Launcher

Recommended Posts

A Server Rules tab should be added to the W3D Launcher. It's safe to say that a majority of the community uses this tool to access the game servers, and if they see this tab they might check it out to make sure that they're aware of the rules.

ut6XEB8.jpg?1

Basically when you click this tab it shows different sections for different games (APB, Reborn, etc.) listing their respective rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A great idea no doubt, but wasn't it planned to have the rules displayed ingame somewhere as well? A help-like screen or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Einstein said:

A great idea no doubt, but wasn't it planned to have the rules displayed ingame somewhere as well? A help-like screen or something?

I don't know. Maybe pressing one of the F keys could display the server rules?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd be better on the launcher, cause then you could have the rules for each game listed there in one convenient location

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the launcher for sure. Much easier than some random hot key in game that makes you stand there for 5 mins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Testament said:

It'd be better on the launcher, cause then you could have the rules for each game listed there in one convenient location

 

8 hours ago, Mojoman said:

Yeah the launcher for sure. Much easier than some random hot key in game that makes you stand there for 5 mins.

Pretty much what I was thinking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pushwall just told you in-game...


8sqCBdP.gif

Go here: https://w3dhub.com/forum/

Without scrolling down, you'll see Quick Links and under that you'll see Community Rules. Click Community Rules to be taken to said rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL, DIDN'T YOU KNOW?

In any case, any additions and changes to the W3D Hub Launcher would have to wait until danpaul88 swings around. To go along with your suggested rules, we also once had a suggestion to add the Allied TRADOC and Soviet Field Manual to the launcher to help familiarize newcomers with the game and its aspects.

Spoiler

 

The original thread is long gone, first made in the late days of BHP, although devilslayersbane reposted it here on W3D Hub.
https://w3dhub.com/forum/topic/415532-allied-tradoc-and-soviet-fm/

Allied Training Document
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aAG5B8fzQ9YeAv80EAvgNo47NKEuyPpls-1Z0x66bDo/edit?usp=sharing

Soviet Field Manual
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w7oMcZq0Iteylw-Zw-8AVr2E7f07-9_8qYO8And6v8Y/edit?usp=sharing

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017. 07. 30. at 2:47 AM, NodGuy said:

A Server Rules tab should be added to the W3D Launcher. It's safe to say that a majority of the community uses this tool to access the game servers, and if they see this tab they might check it out to make sure that they're aware of the rules.

ut6XEB8.jpg?1

Basically when you click this tab it shows different sections for different games (APB, Reborn, etc.) listing their respective rules.

Server rules can be server specific, so it would be a little problematic if there were 2 APB servers next week which are for the same game, but have a different set of rules. Rules could appear in the server browser next to each server though, but a tab to me would be strange for the reason I stated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see the problem at all.

thvXTw8.jpg

Click the little arrow to open a drop-down which shows the rules for the server. The owner of the server lets someone at W3D Hub know their rules and the information is displayed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think a new tab would be better as the Server Browser section is laid out pretty good as is, but at the end of the day I just want the rules to be somewhere anyone can easily find them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not against the tab thing, but having them ingame would be valuable as well. What if there is a question about them ingame? GOTTA LEAVE NOW :( Nah! Add a bot command like !rules that displays all da rules in the green PM text! It would also be accommodating to the multiple servers with different rule-sets situation.

(I hear things like this are also pretty simple to do, and they don't require dp88 either)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2017 at 0:26 AM, FRAYDO said:

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL, DIDN'T YOU KNOW?

In any case, any additions and changes to the W3D Hub Launcher would have to wait until danpaul88 swings around. To go along with your suggested rules, we also once had a suggestion to add the Allied TRADOC and Soviet Field Manual to the launcher to help familiarize newcomers with the game and its aspects.

  Hide contents

 

The original thread is long gone, first made in the late days of BHP, although devilslayersbane reposted it here on W3D Hub.
https://w3dhub.com/forum/topic/415532-allied-tradoc-and-soviet-fm/

Allied Training Document
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aAG5B8fzQ9YeAv80EAvgNo47NKEuyPpls-1Z0x66bDo/edit?usp=sharing

Soviet Field Manual
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w7oMcZq0Iteylw-Zw-8AVr2E7f07-9_8qYO8And6v8Y/edit?usp=sharing

 

 

 

I still have those documents and pushwall, ICE, or anyone who's up for it can send me a PM in order to help update them. Or we could just throw out all of the detailed information about unit stat's altogether and just leave them as-is without. I had a lot of fun creating them. Actually, ICE should still have edit perms. We are still missing many of the vehicle pictures for both documents and on top of that we are also missing an image for the RPG trooper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Einstein said:

Not against the tab thing, but having them ingame would be valuable as well. What if there is a question about them ingame? GOTTA LEAVE NOW :( Nah! Add a bot command like !rules that displays all da rules in the green PM text! It would also be accommodating to the multiple servers with different rule-sets situation.

(I hear things like this are also pretty simple to do, and they don't require dp88 either)

I thought there was a !rules or !serverrules command already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could we stop writing just "Reborn" everywhere and start using TSR? I don't call APB "Beyond". We even don't show enough respect to the game at some places on the main site by calling it "Reborn" while other games have full names listed. In the staff section too, for every admin and leader it's the full name, except for Wally "Leader of Reborn". /end nitpick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AZ-Stalker said:

Could we stop writing just "Reborn" everywhere and start using TSR? I don't call APB "Beyond". We even don't show enough respect to the game at some places on the main site by calling it "Reborn" while other games have full names listed. In the staff section too, for every admin and leader it's the full name, except for Wally "Leader of Reborn". /end nitpick

But the difference here is that TSR's original name was "Reborn." Nobody will know what you are talking about if you say "Beyond."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

But the difference here is that TSR's original name was "Reborn." Nobody will know what you are talking about if you say "Beyond."

Wallywood specifically stated on numerous occasions that "C&C Reborn" is an out of date and completely different project at this point, and that our project is called "Tiberian Sun: Reborn" as referenced by the current logo, and not the old one. We handled that confusion before on sites like CNCNZ when they used the wrong logo referencing the wrong project version. So keeping references to the former is a bad move.

Call it what it is called. Not what it used to be called. We have quality standards to adhere to and avoiding more confusion just makes sense on its own. Otherwise I'll start calling APB as Ren Alert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, AZ-Stalker said:

Otherwise I'll start calling APB as Ren Alert.

Sure to your other points, I agree. RenAlert is an old name yeah, but people will still know what you're talking about, even if it's wrong. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AZ-Stalker, while I understand your frustration, the colloquialisms that have arisen with the evolution of RenAlert and C&C Reborn into Red Alert: A Path Beyond and Tiberian Sun: Reborn will not be erased by such a move. It almost sounds like you're trying to make it a rule that no one can even mention "Reborn" when referring to TSR. This is something I do not support, though I admit, I could be stretching your meaning a bit. However, your adamant comments make me believe that I am not, especially since the topic at hand is over server rules. You cannot change how people refer to one thing or another (I say pot(ae)to, you say pot(aw)to). The only thing you can do is call it what you want and brush it off if someone doesn't want to call it that. Intentionally derogatory names aside, I'm not at all for speech police and I will leave the community immediately if something like that were to ever arise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't even know there was a difference between Reborn and Tiberian Sun: Reborn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, devilslayersbane said:

I will leave the community immediately if something like that were to ever arise.

You won't get far, I assure you :v (context required)

4 hours ago, delta said:

Didn't even know there was a difference between Reborn and Tiberian Sun: Reborn.

They are the same project, just "Reborn" was the first name it held. The project as a whole is just vastly different now than in the time when it was known as Reborn, so because of this some feel that it should go by its new name when referenced unless you are actually referencing the super old versions of the project. Thats what I gather anyway. My guess is because it is obviously better now than it was then. Much like RenAlert/APB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Einstein said:

RenAlert/APB.

You forgot about the even older name of Renegade Alert. :v

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nodlied said:

You forgot about the even older name of Renegade Alert. :v

I didn't forget :v Emerald Productions anyone? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Einstein said:

They are the same project, just "Reborn" was the first name it held. The project as a whole is just vastly different now than in the time when it was known as Reborn, so because of this some feel that it should go by its new name when referenced unless you are actually referencing the super old versions of the project. Thats what I gather anyway. My guess is because it is obviously better now than it was then. Much like RenAlert/APB.

Oh well I mean, going from Renegade Alert to APB, it's obvious there was a name change...whereas with Reborn to Tiberian Sun: Reborn it just looks mostly the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still refer to the project as Rebarn: The Ultimate Barn Experience. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×